The Falsely Accused and Attorneys who represent them

This site is dedicated to those who have been falsely accused of some type of child abuse and for the attorneys who represent them.

The National Innocence Project has exonerated, based upon DNA evidence, hundreds of persons who were convicted of atrocious crimes including capital murder and/or rape. A large number of those persons had confessed to crimes they did not commit. Considering that most cases of child abuse do not involve DNA evidence, one can only guess at the number of people in prison that are innocent. The fact that a person has been accused or charged and, possibly, convicted of the crime does not mean that they were guilty of the crime. There are many reasons for this phenomena that are touched upon in this site.

In the large percent of sexual abuse cases, there is no physical evidence or eyewitnesses. Medical exams are routinely “normal”. Yet, people are still convicted based upon a complainant and hearsay/vouching testimony by so-called “experts”. Especially disturbing are the cases where repeated, penile pentration was alleged, yet the medical exam was “normal” with what is considered an “intact” hymen.

In alleged Shaken Baby and other alleged physical abuse cases, there is seldom a search for an “equally competing hypothesis” for causation of any injuries. In most cases, the presumption is made that the injurie(s) were non-accidental and therefore must have been inflicted by someone. What is not commonly known is that in many of these cases, there is a gigantic dispute among medical experts as to whether a particular injury was accidental versus non-accidental or whether there is some non-abusive cause of the condition or injury.

The search for the truth regarding a child abuse allegation involves “The Law, the Science, the Myths, the Reality”. No one wants a guilty child abuser to go unpunished. On the other hand, there is a sentiment in the general public that it is “better to err on the side of safety” which translates into that “it is better to convict 10 innocent people to make sure we get the one guilty person”. That is, unless they are the person accused or a family member or friend.

Justice can be served when people educate themselves on the issues involved and let reason, rather than emotion, rule the day. We seek justice not only for real victims, but for those who have been ajudged a child abuser when they have not abused anyone.

This entry was posted in Blog, Homepage. Bookmark the permalink.

862 Responses to The Falsely Accused and Attorneys who represent them

1. Heather says:

My cousin’s husband was convicted of sexual abuse of his daughter based on the fact that he “confessed” and his attorney was unwilling to challenge the confession, despite the fact that he was pressured into confessing with threats of his wife (my cousin) not only never seeing their 3 daughters again, but also having their unborn child (she was 38 weeks pregnant at the time) taken from her at birth. While the accuser’s twin sister backed up the story at the time, she has tried to tell anyone and everyone who will listen that her sister threatened to kill her and the whole family if she didn’t go along with the story. However, no one has been willing to listen to her. The accusing daughter has since made other accusations of abuse which were proved to be false, and was actually taken out of the home by CPS and given mental health examinations. However, they will not even tell her mother what the results of the examinations were. Is this the kind of case you would consider?

Dear Heather,
      Feel free to call me to discuss the situation. Our number is 419-865-0513.

• Sandra says:

Dear Ms. Hart….
        My daughters son without a warrant and not a speck of evidence. I was not allowed to visit or go to court also my daughter was not aappointed a pd. My husband visited twice but second time was told he was not allowed to have contact with him. It was painful for him n confusing for my grandson. So no warrant when they took him they claimed they were on drugs but was not true. But daughter n bf had to drug test everywhere n passed everyone. Also not to mention I was kicked outta an icpc meeting for saying it was not in their jurisdiction he was born n has always lived in indiana. I could go on n on about this, the lies, abuse, neglect, mind games, I guarantee you this has to b the worse case ever. If you want to email me I’d appreciate it. He’s home now thank goodness. But I want to sue them for what they have done. Ty

Dear Sandra,

I do not know how long ago this happened. It is the accused burden to get around the immunity that exists. You can call the office 419-865-0513 and we can make a referral.

2. Tametra Nunn says:

I have been through the complete process for Termination of my rights. The department coerced threatened and literally forced me to sign voluntary placement papers. After 90 days I revoked consent because they violated my civil rights on numerous occasions during the investigation and never followed policy. The courts ruled for termination based on interviews with my teenage daughter who was not the subject of the initiated investigation. My newborn son was the reason for referral to the department because if a positive drug screen AFTER birth. The appeal lawyer the assigned never made any contact with me though I called on numerous occasions. The opinion had nothing to do with MY appeal reasons. I am still not giving up though my son is with paternal relatives. However my teenager is wrongfully placed in a foster home. She receives over 800 in ssdi and the department is not showing proof of her funds being saved. They are also getting a separate 700 something infoster care maintenance payments. I was never found neglectful or abusive to my children. In fact they never let me bond with my son from day one when they literally kidnapped him from the hospital. If I only knew that day I went to CPS offices that I.did mot have to accept services or place my children at all. I want to sue CPS and all involved in tearing my family apart. Please someone help! T. Nunn
    Dallas, TX

Dear T.
      Yours is a sad story we hear way too often. The bad news is CPS has immunity in most cases. The good news is there was a recent lawsuit against CPS that was successful but currently under appeal. There may be hope to crack the immunity. I have not seen the lawsuit yet and when I do, I will post something about it! You can call the office for a referral but don’t get your hopes up, at least not yet!

3. Cynthia says:

My daughter en law has been having issues with her sons school about the his special education care not being up to par. I was in on the conference call, we were just asking that our questions be answered like the child coming home with a huge bruise on his face the first day of school. Five times we respectfully asked why this other boy was not suspended, again no avail they kept changing the subject. Both were very rude. I said to her don’t sign that paper that says you will not be allowed in your sons school ever again (yes that’s right)We will seek legal counsel When she was leaving the school after speaking to the Principal and Superintendent, the Principal said something to the effect “well that’s when the State gets involved” Basically backhanded her with the comment. Where would she stand on this if he continues to threaten her with false allegations? That’s pretty much bullying her. To say well if you do that we will report you to CPS.

Dear Cynthia,
      Call the office for a referral for a lawyer in your area you can talk with about the situation. Our number is 419-865-0513.

4. Shirley says:

My son was found guilty in the state of New Mexico on September 25,20015 by a jury for child molestation that were to have taken place between 1994 thru 1996 the girl was born in 1992 the girls biological father has a record of rape /and or molestations and as far as I know is serving time. None of this was available for the jury. My son has been out on bail for 3 years befor the jury trial. He knew nothing of these charges until 2006. He had split up with the girls mother around 2005 and moved back to Oregon There was absolutely no DNA or any other evidence that is available, My son took a polygraph that showed truthfullness, this was allowed in evidence and the person who delivered the test gave this testimony for the jury. What can be done? Hes sitting in jail awaiting a evaluation before being sentenced. He is innocent of all charges.

Dear Shirley,
      I am sorry for what you are going through. Sadly you are not alone! Is the lawyer asking for a new trial based off of errors during the trial? I wonder if any experts were used? Ask the lawyer if the jury can be questioned on why they came to that decision.

5. pattie says:

at this point we trust no one and believe but canot prove our phone and computer are hacked. we are up against an international private foster care organization with a good public relations and of great wealth. we are on our third lawyer and I have misgivings about him. we had our grandchildren kidnapped from us while the signed paper says temporary foster care. I have researched America’sFoster Care System: Test Lab for Big Pharma, Cash Cow for Caretakers and Psychiatrists: the drug pushers. need I reveal more, you understand why I do not want to email you or anyone else.. It is very hard to do and if I did not get on my knees daily and love my grandchildren we raised for 10 years before I was cured of colon cancer by surgery I would not take the risk of reaching out in hopes of help or if I could help someone else.

Dear Pattie,

I do not know where you are located in the country but maybe we can meet face to face if you can make it to our area.

6. Mary Barbosa says:

I hope you do pro bono. My brother has had his case since 1996. He was convicted of indecency with a child and sentenced to 5-15. He is not the most smart person there is. In fact he is retarded in a sense. I know how everything happened and therefore know he is innocent. If you cannot help my brother could you at least lead me to someone who can. I don’t have the money to help him with a lawyer. God bless you.

Dear Mary,
      Contact the “Innocence Project” in NYC and/or contact your local law colleges to see if the law clinics will help your brother.

7. Kim says:

My wonderful son-n-law ( I’ll call him A)is a teacher. He was just notified a couple of weeks ago by the TEA (Texas Ed Administration) (I’m sure you knew that) that an 18 year old girl is accusing him of sexual contact (no consensual) when she was 14, 4 years ago. She said that it was once when they went off campus at lunch & once in his classroom. At that particular time I was taking care of his & my daughters baby while he was teaching & my daughter was in law school. I remember that he complained a few times that he hated to take his lunch but that he was unable to go anywhere to get lunch because of how little time he had in that period. It was n a town different from where he lives now. She is saying full on sex. This CANNOT be true. He & my daughter are 31 years of age & have been together since they were 15 years old. This young man has practically been in our home, almost as much as he was in his own home. We just love him & have never, ever seen any inappropriate behavior. There daughter is now 3 & he is such a great father & once again we have not seen any inappropriate actions. I absolutely cannot imagine him having sex with a 14 year old girl. I’m wondering if she/family are trying to set this up to where they can sue the school district or him or her trying to get some attention? He took a lie detector test from a guy that’s at the top of his field & A passed it with flying colors. When A & his attorney met with the (female) cop she said she doesn’t care anything about any lie detector test. She believes this girl. My daughter & our families stand firmly behind A & want to help him so badly. Can u give us any advice? Those horror stories about these cases are freaking us out, & my daughter is an attorney!!!

Dear Kim,
      Hopefully the lawyer is experienced in defending CSA cases. He also needs to be very careful about the administrative part of this. I am currently working as a consultant on 2 cases in Texas. There is a “nationally recognized expert” the prosecution trots out on these cases and she needs to be handled. The lawyer that is handling this case should know who she is! Honestly the defense needs to assume the burden of proof and explain how and why the defendant is sitting at the defense table!

8. Chelsey says:

My son has a very strange birthmark on the left side of his face and neck. His daddy was accused of so called slapping him in the face when asked. That birthmark been there for his whole life and he has been going to that school for almost 3 months.. I got a called from work saying DHS of Oklahoma and Tulsa police where at the school because of his mark and what Wyatt our son had said. They would not let his daddy anywhere around his son and was rude and attacked him when he was there to support and end this right their. I fought forever to prove it was a birthmark and that his daddy would never slap Wyatt. Our son didn’t even understand what a slap was. When I had asked him in person he didn’t understand what I was asking and he said we play mommy I kicked daddy butt. I was drilled for a hour with personal questions and once the exam was over it was proven to be a birthmark and no other marks seem to be found on his body.. DHS still has to exam the house to make sure he is in a good safe home. It’s been two days and they have no contect me to do so. It’s not funny that to me because I had to miss work and school in which my grade will be effected since I could not show up to school due to waiting to be home and get this over with? I will be receiving a copy of the police report to wonder how this came upon other than someone reporting it and our son saying what he said. I do not believe he said those words I feel like he was kinda pushed into it. Cops didn’t come talk to me and let me know anything and my question is how can you go to a school and they just now notice it when it’s clear out in the open. How close do they watch our babies and since this mess was just taking to the top when all they had to do was ask. I do have proof in writing by his doctor who been seeing our son for almost a year that he exam it and it was a birthmark. What should I do this has turn our world upside down and could of been handle very differently?

Dear Chelsey,
      CPS is required to investigate any mere suspicion of child abuse. They believe the allegation is true unless otherwise proven. Sometimes that cannot be done. At lease your child had a birthmark instead of a childhood bruise! CPS does not care if they turn your life upside down and they will do it again if they get another call. I suspect I would obtain a letter for your son’s file from his physician describing the birthmark and be sure it is provided to the school each year. I would also provide it to any care giver also!

9. jack says:

case no. need attorney who fights cases of individuals who was wronged. example is police report my police report is wrong. I was not notified in 72 hrs.and location of crime was wrong can you help me? 07m06428

Dear Jack,
      Call the office for a referral. Our number is 419-865-0513.

10. Ish says:

I’ve been falsely accused of child abuse. I’m a mother of (11) children. My trial starts in January 2016, I’m worried about my lawyer he has never had a case as delicate as mine… I’m currently out on bond. During the 8 1/2 months I was incarcerated I never gave up I’m constantly writing or calling experts as well as doctors. I’ve even spoke with Dr. J. P. asking for help.. If it’s a lawyer or an expert willing to take my case pro bono and fight for me and my family I would love to hear from you…

Dear Ish,
      I am sorry we do not have lists of experts and/or lawyers that work on cases pro bono. Try the law college legal clinics to see if they will offer help.

11. Kimberly says:

My brother(54) has been falsely accused of 2nd D sexual assault on a minor. He has been in jail for 3 mos and has only seen his public defender once. No prior arrests. He is a heart patient and not being given meds or access to nitro. Public defender is swamped of course but has not filed a motion for medical release with ankle monitoring or reduction of bond. If I write to the governor, senators,ACLU, etc., would I be hindering his case? How or where could I find resources to help him?

Dear Kimberly,
      You can raise concerns with the Public Defender’s superior if there is one. Your brother needs to send his lawyer a letter that gives him permission to talk to you. After that happens you can send certified return receipt letters to the lawyer making your case for no contact. After that you go up the food chain at the PD’s office. After you have exhausted NICELY the repeated concerns, your brother can send copies of the correspondence along with a letter written by him asking to the judge (with a copy going to the prosecutor) for the appointment of a different lawyer. This must be done very carefully as to not give up any defenses. Also make sure your brother does not give up any defenses when writing the letters to the Assistant PD or his/her boss.

12. Rebecca says:

My Daughter (now 23) was accused two years ago by her female cousin (now 19) of molestation from the time the cousin was 4 to 10. My daughter met with a detective and no substantial evidence was found. Detective’s only real question was “Why would she lie”, answer … She has accused several others (teachers, family friends of the same thing over the years). Thankfully Case was closed. However, my sister has continued to try and poison everyone against my daughter. I don’t know what to do to stop her slanderous and libelous rantings and threats of harm to my family.

Dear Rebecca,

Your daughter needs to talk to a civil lawyer.

13. Rebecca says:

Regarding the above comment, to this day, my daughter has never been told any specifics that could or could not be defended. Including the number of incidents, the location of the incidents, or who was supposed to have been watching the kids. I don’t think this is right.

14. Ernest says:

I am a 28 male who live in Hawaii on the big island … I got into it with my girlfriend … Policeman was called.. Which led to me getting arrested… I have two children at the time and with one on the way… No child was presented at the time… I bailed my self out… And after I got arrested she decide to go a abuse shelter… Which got me into family court … A tro was made and one of my child was taken away at the doctor visit that I had took him to a policeman came and serve me the tro… I went to family court for my baby mama who wasn’t there for show… Abuse shelter didn’t know where she could be… So the judge granted me join custody… Later we was reunited along down the road… Later on getting back to my stories I had gotten arrest which led me into districts court which I got arrested for a fonleoy abuse of a house hold member and a child under the age of 14 ….in court my public defender ask me to jump onto ATV DMV classes which was recommonded.. I decided to jump into it on my own decision.. I called made an appointment and do so wasbask to bring my ID copy of my complaint and 45 dollars… When to my appointment for.her to call cps only for cps to come steal kids away I need help cause it wasn’t true what she made up…. Need Help can you help

Dear Ernest,

You need a lawyer. I believe you have already called and I made that referral. If you need anything else, let us know.

15. Lisa says:

My daughter and her husband have been accused of abusing their 3 small children, twins ages 6 mos (3.5 months adjusted because they were 2.5 months premature) and a 2 year old who showed no signs of abuse. Back in September 2015, my daughter noticed that her son (twins were a boy and girl) was not moving his right leg properly so she took him in to be check. After an x-ray showed nothing twice, they referred her to the orthopaedic doctor who diagnosed him as having a femur fracture. They immediately called DCFS and they did a full body x-ray on all the children. The two year old was fine, but the twins had rib fractures that were totally healed up. They took her children and put them with the god parents. There is much more to this story, but the twins were in NICU for 69 days of their 4 months (at the time of discovery of the fractures). Can someone please contact me so that I can discuss this on-going case?

Dear Lisa,

Call the office 419-865-0513 and I will be happy to talk to you.

16. Linda says:

I’m helping my sister, she was convicted of sexual assault of her daughter, by her daughter. My sister has done 21 years of her 40 years that was given to her at trial. Now is out on parole. When she came stay with on parole, I got to read the papers she came home with. There I had a chance to read letter from the parole board. There was a letter from the daughter that accused her., saying she lied about the the sexual assault . I feel so hurt that my sister always told me she didn’t do it. But yet she has lost 21 years of her life and still her life will always be in prisoned for this. What can I do. Feeling angry.

Dear Linda,

Sadly it depends on the state laws regarding any possibility of a remedy. I would talk to a lawyer about any avenues available or you can call the office and we will tell you what we think.

17. Jessica says:

In need of help my Fiance and myself have been wrongfully accused of child abuse. We have 2 beautiful daughters age 5 years old an 5 months old.
    This all started August of this year. She was 2months old at the time we took her to PCP due to fussiness and spitting up. She has had reflux problems since birth. But her PCP had no concerns they just changed formula and sent us home. Her symptoms continued so we took her to children’s hospital Er for second opinion where we later discovered she has a brain bleed an retinal bleed we were shocked of the findings being far from what we expected.. We were questioned and questioned to flat out accused of abuse. We would never harm either of our children. We hired a lawyer that we found out he would have been a court appointed lawyer he has not been much help in this matter. So we reached out to another lawyer who has been helping us pro bono we have been trying to find a medical expert that can help in regards to this matter the abuse doctor that is involved in this case ruled out any other causes with out any other testing prior to her determineing her statement. We are in need of help please if anyone can be of some assistance or give advice or give some resources and to pray for our family please do.. Our family will greatly appreciate it… Thanks Much….

Dear Jessica,

Without a doubt you will need experts. Your lawyer will need to try to get funds from the courts.

18. Lucinda says:

MY BOYFRIEND JUST WENT TO JAIL BECAUSE OF BEIN A FAMILIAR FACE. THAT WHAT THE POLICE TOLD ME.HE DID SOMETHINGS IN HIS PASS BUT HE CHANGE HE HAVE 2 JOBS AND I JUST HAD A BABY GIRL HE HAVENT BEEN TO JARRESTED IN OVER TWO YEARS.HE JUST SUCCESSFUL COMPLETED A IN HOUSE DRUG PROGRAM AND HE WAS THERE FOR 2 YEARS.HE BEEN GOIN TO BACK AND FORWARD COURT TO COMPLETED THE PROGRAM ALL LAST YEAR.NOW THEY BOTHERING HIM TALKING ABOUT HE HAS A WARRANT FOR DRUG CHARGERS.HE REALLY CHANGE HIS LIFE AROUND BUT THE POLICE STILL KEEP BOTHERING HIM.NOW THEY ARRESTED HIM ON THE 18 OF NOVEMBER AND DEY ARRESTED MORE PEOPLE FTOM AROUND MY HOUSE BUT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WENT TO JAIL HAVE ALL THE SAME CHARGES AND THE SAME WARRANT? WHY IS THAT? THEY ARRESTED HIM FOR JMDRUG CHARGES BUT THEY WAS ASKING ABOUT SOME MURDERS. WHY IS IT HE GOT TO WAIT TO GO SEE A JUDGE AFTER 21 DAYS.ON A WARRANT MAY YUU ANSWER THIS PLEASE PLEASE

Dear Lucinda,

We do not focus on drug charges. He needs a lawyer.

19. kim says:

hi, really need help. my ex husband who is a cook county investigator has filed false charges against me, by filing a protective order against me in lu of my daughter,some crap he brain washed her to say. then filed criminal charges, for taking my dog off his property, because he refused to return it along with my child. before any orders were served to me. I filed a counter suit because i found out while i was out of town, his electric got such off, so slept at my house without my permission and took and used my ipass also not returning it. i was arrested and the officer never even filed my charges! please help. i cant get an attorney to return my calls.

Dear Kim,

Give us a call 419-865-0513 for a referral.

20. Nicole says:

I got my kids taken from me because my kids step mom said I was starving my son because he lost 2 pounds. CPS and cops investgated and said no abuse. The only cocern everyone has td was”the hatred the stepmother have for birth mother” me. Why can this be investgated and no be abuse bit in court it is because the doctor said she thinks I didn’t give him enough snacks and she thinks he did grow enough inches. What??? That’s crazy plus I have 4 other kids 2 live with me and 3 are taken. I have lots of paper work to show that the Dad and Stepmother are and did do almost everything to take these kids cop calls, 7 CPS investgations with no arests or ever getting in trouble and they go to court with this false accusation and the doctor and get the boys They haven spent the night with me for 10 months now over 2 pounds. Can anyone help me? I so hurt over this.

21. Tim says:

My son is being charged with 28 pics of CP that he got on a p2p program while downloading video gamer cheats and game walkthroughs. He said he never know they were on his computer and never seen them. We have hired the best lawyer in our area. If you have any information that we could give to the lawyer to help the lawyer prove unintended knowledge, I would be thankful.
    Tim.

Dear Tim,
      You need to call the office for a referral. Our number is 419-865-0513

22. Norma moreno says:

My friend has been accused of hold molestation (granddaughter),in riverside ,calif please can someone help PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP THIS MAN give us suggestions something this did no such thing PLEASE AGAIN I BEG FOR ANY KIND OF HELP THANK YOU PLEASE REPLY

Dear Norma,
      At your request, I called but your phone is not taking calls. Please call the office 419-865-0513 for help.

23. Viktoria says:

My husband and I are foster care parents and the girls doctor call cps on us. The kids will hurt themselves. Can we sue the doctor for false accusing us. CPS saw the girls and the description did not match want the doctor said on the report.

Dear Viktoria,
      You are not providing enough information. Call the office and we can discuss it further. Our number is 419-865-0513.

24. Kathy says:

The update to our case is-
    CPS continues to alienate us from our children. We have not been allowed to see them since they took them despite several requests ( now I am worried about the children safety and pray CPS is not covering up for something). The children are still in separate foster homes and relative placement is till not being considered. All of these are unlawful and tormentors on the family, especially the children this agency is meant to be protecting.

At the last hearing of December 1st, 2015, the court appointed attorney for the children , William Bill C. had filed a motion to re-impose a media gag on us, another violation of our constitutional right of freedom of speech. The rule 11 agreement we signed was based on the premise that the child will be home. Now CPS has unlawfully taken all my children, violating our families rights , and abusing my children through the constant trauma of not only separation from us , but also each other. They are also being medically neglected, as CPS as refused to take them for medical appointments which were scheduled prior to been taken and even though notified has refused to take them.

At this last hearing, CPS staff did not show up. And the case was postponed to December 10th, 2015.

Dear Kathy,

Do you have lawyers representing you? Have any experts been consulted by your lawyers?

25. rachel ezechukwu says:

Hi

Given wrong medication
    Before during and after pregranancy infection from medicaction took custdy because of medical malpractice gave injections so county couldhave permant custudy

Tazed at begining of pregnancy all malpractice done by frontline mental health practices

Dear Rachel,

That is quite a bit for a lawyer to work with if he/she can prove it.

26. chris says:

I have been falsely accused by my step-daughter of sexual misconduct. She state 4 years ago(she was 9-10) I had touched her vagina and told her to smell it that she stunk and to go take a bath and then states 4 to 6 months ago I was giving her a back massage and touched her breast and also claims I had called her into my office what would have been 3 weeks prior to the allegations and told her to remove her pants. Now with that being said of what she is claiming let me tell you how this came about. Six to 8 months prior to these allegations now 14 years old she was found to have been sending naked photos to her boyfriend and masterbaiting over face time with this boy. When confronted by her mother and my self she had admitted to these things we contacted the boys parents and they also found proof on his phone of this. At this point she was in major trouble and me being the authoritarian in the home I grounded her from just about everything. Time passes by and I begin to give back privileges and then my wife finds hicies on her beasts. My step-daughter tries to tell us she did it her self and a few more days go by and we notice the screen from her window has been removed and we suspect she has been sneaking out at night to meet up with this 17 year old boy that lives a few houses up the street. Again all privileges are taken away except this time she talks her other into allowing her to go to one of her girl friends birthday parties. When I showed up to pick her up there where about 16 boys there and 4 or 5 girls. So again she got into more trouble losing her privileges to go on a school trip out of state and grounded to the house. The next day our family was out shopping and met up with her grandmother at a retail store where her mother allowed her to go with her for the afternoon. That evening is when the allegations where first made to the grandmother. Now a little back history my mother in law do not have a good relationship and have not spoken kindly to one another in years, my wife once she was informed told my step daughter she thought she was lying fast forward to now the police have been involved the CPS has been involved and found her story substantial and stated they where giving it to law enforcement to proceed with charges. During this process we hired an attorney and he sat down with my self my wife and my step-daughter after she had told her mother that she lied about all of this and was just angry with me because I punished her. The attorney spoke privately with my step-daughter and then they came back into the main loby where he and her had drafted an affidavit where she stated she had been lying and was only doing that because she was angry at me. It was notarized and copys given to CPS. After this my step-daughter now has been staying with her grand mother since the allegations began went back to her home and with in a few hours was calling my wife stating she was lying about lying. This has proceeded to the point I stated earlier where the police are supposed to be contacting me and about charges. Can someone help me please. I have a family about to be destroyed because a teenager got mad. Not to mention we have 3 other children in the home and I have a board certified license that I can lose. Please help from Missouri

Dear Chris,
      First let me apologize for the delay in responding. We had to replace some computers and responding to this list was not the priority, even though it is to you. Missouri is at least a state where you can defend yourself if accused. You might want to call me so that I know what license is at risk. You NEED to consult with a lawyer BEFORE you talk to anyone about any specifics. Give me a call 419-865-0513 and I will be happy to discuss your current situation.

27. Cory says:

My brother is being wrongly accused of a sexual case by dcf that he has no knowledge of now his current girlfriend daughter is rap up in the case what do he do

28. Melissa says:

My fiancé plead guilty to gross sexual misconduct 10 years ago cause he was threatened with 60-90 years in Ohio. The accuser had skipped school and my fiancé told his dad the girl then told him she was going to make his life a living hell since she got in trouble with his dad(who was dating the child’s mother and would have the same allegation made against him by this girl). There was no evidence in this case and my fiancé was advised by his family to take the plea for reduced sentence and probation is there anything that can be done at this point. He is now under investigation because my ex husband has made the accusation that my fiancé touch my son which is impossible because my visits have been supervised by my ex husband

Dear Melissa,

Obviously he needs to take the second allegation seriously. He should contact his previous lawyer if he was satisfied with his counsel or you can call us (419)865-0513 for a recommendation. Sadly, this is not an uncommon event and a very dangerous one for your fiance.

Executive Director

29. Mary says:

Hello. My husband was falsely accused of child molestation in 1991. His public defender told him to plea no contest he would serve no time. The judge threw the book at him. While incarcerated myself and our four children (whom he was accused of molesting) were granted visitation and visited him every other weekend.He was released in 1994 and came home. We raised our children (in the same household) who are between the ages of 25 and 32 now. My husband was placed on the sex offender registry which was not part of his sentencing and has to report every three months and of course following other rules they come up with as time passes. We need to find a way to have him taken of this registry and we need to find a way to have this false conviction taken off his record. All of these things alone scream falsely accused (because we all know they dont let the accused visit the victim never mind allowing the accused to be released from prison to go home with the victims) we still dont know what to do. We are looking for any information that may help clear his name. Please help.

Dear Mary,

Sadly the “registry” is not considered punishment and there are a variety of opinions as to recourse. Further, if the now adult children are recanting I am not sure you have any legal remedy because he is “off paper”. You might want to look into clemency but it is a long shot. Feel free to call us to talk about the situation.

30. angela says:

my boy friend has been charged with 5 counts of sexual misconduct with a minor and 3 class 2 felonies molestation of a child from the years 2000-2005 the year 2000 and 2001 he didn’t even know the victim that is where the class 2s come in and in 2004 and 2005 he was in prison and couldn’t have been with her his brother has fired his lawyer and we are in desperate need of some help theres proof out there these are lies we just need someone to help us bring it out

Dear Angela,
      Your boyfriend needs a lawyer so if his brother fired one, he needs to find another. I am not a lawyer but I would never give anyone any proofs of innocence without the guidance of a lawyer.

31. JOYCE K says:

PLEASE THIS IS A LONG AND VERY COMPLICATED STORY CLAY COUNTY MISSOURI IS VERY CORRUPT THE SYSTEM REALLY STINKS THERE IS NO PRESUMPTION OF BEING INNOCENT IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP MY SON IS ALMOST BURIED IN ATTORNEY FEES AND NOTHING IS GETTING ACCOMPLISHED.

Dear Joyce,
      I have done a lot of work in Missouri, including Clay County. There are some really good lawyers in Missouri and your son can actually be properly defended. Feel free to call 419-865-0513 and we can discuss your son’s situation.

32. Lucy says:

My Nephew who I will call Nio (19 years old) will be convicted of sexual child abuse on December 29th, 2015. My brother and his partner (she has 3 children from a previous relationship) who Nio was living with at the time alleges that he sexual abused her children and had him arrested in November. My brother and his partner were upset with Nio because he was having a relationship with his partners niece/cousin who is 21 and they didn’t like it. Nio went home after work and my brother started beating on him and accussed him of sexual abusing his partners children Nio confessed and my brother had him arrested. English is Nio’s 2nd language he confessed because he wanted my brother to stop beating him up and then he plead guilty not fully understanding what he was doing/saying and what the consequences would be. The fact that he confessed and is pleding guilty because he was coerced his attorney more or less said he couldn’t do anything for him. Nio is a US National and has only been in the US for less then 11 months and living with my brother for about 5, things are all still very new for him. My brother only wanted to separate Nio from seeing his partner’s niece/cousin and was trying to scare Nio with these false allegations and now Nio is in jail pending his court case. During the time Nio was incarcerated my brother picked up one of his pay checks from his place of employment and surpossingly cashed it. He tried to pick up his other check but was told he needed consent from Nio. Nio’s girlfriend has evidence to help with his case but does not know who to contact or what to do. I would really appreciate your feed back and assistance if you could help in any way.

33. craig says:

ok so I was 17 when the child said this event happened and 18 when this was brought to the courts and I am now 29 spending the first 6 years of my adulthood behind bars. After being convicted of two counts 1st degree csc and one count csc 2nd degree, at year 3 of my sentence I figured I wound need to admit to the crime or serve 20 years. I thought hope was lost until I read this page now I see a glimmer of hope. I was accused of touching a child while my family slept. The reports indicate that I waited for them to fall asleep, open a squeaky door, walk past my grandparent bedroom wake only her up while she slept with her little brother in the same bed, take her to the bathroom to fondle her, send her back to bed, take a shower then go back home. None of those are true. The facts are I was talking to my girlfriend (which I’m married to today) until one or two o’clock or even later every night. I shower in the morning before school( because the house I stayed in had no hot water )which can be heard from the upstairs bedroom where the parents of said “victum” sleep. Both grandparents had bladder issues and visit the bathroom frequently. Nobody heard the shower running nor did my grandparents see me there to shower that late ever. The doctors rape findings was negative in the result of nothing was wrong. my lawyer convinced my family and me of not taking the stand to defend myself. The prosecutor said the incident happened between the months of March OR May so we couldn’t get an accurate defense for the jury to see I’m innocent. Jury convicted me of all charges and 5-20 year sentence from the judge. Please help as I feel this is my last chance at a normal life.

Dear Craig,
      The first question I have is whether or not the child maintains the allegation. Did your case run through the appeal process? Call the office to discuss any options that might be available for you to consider.

34. Dale says:

My brother (in Texas) was convicted of sexual assault on a minor and given 65 years. The hired attorney barely objected to anything and said he would not call my other brother in his defense “because of the way he looked”. He was also heard saying that “he is guilty anyways”.From what I got there was no police report filed and no evidence supporting the accusation. The incident took place in a police offers home. The officer testified that he witnessed the supposable crime when he went into the kitchen to get a drink and witnessed this taking place. immediately after witnessing it he just went to bed. He is still on the police force to my knowledge and no charges brought against him. From prison my brother proved double jeapordy and they took the lesser of the 2 off but he is serving the same 65 year sentence. We are desperate to prove his innocence. We have basically gone broke trying to get help. Is there anything you can help us with? I am assuming probono is the only choice we have right now.I will be grateful for any advice or help.

Dear Dale,
      Contact the Innocence Project on behalf of your brother.

35. Ashley says:

My wife and I have been accused by my ex of abusing our six year old daughter. My ex has been trying to gain custody of her all year so that he doesn’t have to pay child support and I do. He lost earlier in the year and has now come up with these accusations because she came home with a bruise from falling in the snow. We do spank her and they are claiming we beat her over and over and that’s how they bruises for there. She’s heard this Tory so many times told to the Drs she now believes it’s true. I’ve asked for a GAL to be appointed at this point. The lawyers are out to make me look like a monster by putting words in my mouth and exaggerating the words in the report. I need to know what I can do to fight this and if I win what I can do to press charges or gain full custody of my daughter so she is not mentally abused by his slanderous actions regarding my wife and I. I have a lawyer but I’m looking for additional ideas.

Dear Ashley,

Give me a call 419-865-0513 for suggestions.

36. Carla says:

My husband has been falsely accused of rape. We have a lawyer, but not much is being done and little guidence has been given. This is an Ohio case. I am not sure what to be doing right now add his court date is approaching.

Dear Carla,

Call the office 419-865-0513 to discuss your husband’s case.

37. Tomi says:

My brother is sitting in prison right now for 62 years just for a girl saying he raped her. There was no proof at all just the words of a child. Her dates kept changing over and over and he was still sentenced to 62 years. I want my brother out of prison. Someone please help.

Dear Tomi,

Call the office 419-865-0513 to see if we have any suggestions.

38. Mary says:

I had a nurse who called CPS on me for refusing to give my son medication for reflux and not taking him to the doctor to get his milk reduced because he was throwing up. This nurse was new and had only been to my house 4 times. He was not listening to me when I would tell him that my son is only throwing up because he wasn’t being vented in time. My son has a lot of gas and he also has a gtube and fundoplycation. I told the nurse my son does not have reflux anymore because of that procedure and he is on the minimum amount of milk for his age and weight. My son has nurses 7 days a week and he was only throwing up when this particular nurse would work as a result of not venting him to get the gas out of his tummy. I tried over and over again to tell this nurse that while he was venting, he just wasn’t venting fast enough or often enough. The nurse called the doctor and told her that I was refusing medical care for my son. The nursing company has told my son’s doctor and the CPS investigator that I have 100% support from them and that the nurse called CPS without authorization. They also support me 100% in filing criminal charges against the nurse. He has been kicked out of several homes while working with the nursing company and was fired after the incident at my home. I would like to file a criminal charges for falsely accusing me. I have inquired who to call to the investigator but have not received a response.

Dear Mary,

You want to file a complaint with the police. I would also consider calling a lawyer for the possibility of civil litigation. Talk the to the lawyer first before you would file the complaint.

39. Gabriele says:

My daughter has been arrested for felony child abuse in Illinois. We had a grandchild pass 2 years ago from unknown causes. They alleged the child was abused but was not the cause of death. She was not arrested at that point.During this time she gave birth to a boy and at birth the child was taken from her due to the previous allegations. She had been complying with all requests to be reinegrated with the child and had mostly completed the safety program set forth by DCFS.The Child is 1/12year old now and that is the length of time we have been going through this in juvenile court with a lawyer.There was a Decision to be made on 07.December 2015 in that case, however they decided to arrest her on 26.November 2015 on criminal charges, prior to going to court.We retained the same lawyer for her in this however can not get her out of jail since our funds are exhausted.The bond was reduced from ten thousand to seventy five hundred but that is the lowest. They are saying because I am in Germany she would be a flight risk. The child was seen before she passed numerous times by the doctor even the day before due to a viral infection that she was diagnosed with.There were bruises and such which did not lead to the childs death as also the cause of death is still not determend.However this one medical examiner would like to base it on child abuse.The lawyer also mentioned that Jessica is not being treated right in this.Is there any advice or help that you can give us to ensure that this gets handled and hopefully treated the way it is supposed to.My daughter is in Rockford,Illinois as for myself I work for the Army and Airforce Exchange Services in Germany.I hope I supplied all the necessary information concerning this case.

Dear Gabriele,

I would not spend what money you have on bond. I am assuming she has a public defender. Use what money you have to support the public defender when the court does not provide enough money. Your daughter’s lawyer can call us if he/she would like.

• Gabriele says:

I am not sure if i am misunderstanding your response. She has an Attorney which we provided her with not a Public Defender. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.Advice, please.

Dear Gabriele,

I went back and read your initial post. When there is only a small amount of money to work with, in my opinion the defendant should stay in jail instead of posting bond. The money you give a bondsman could be better spent on an expert to help your daughter. Sadly, I am not surprised your grandson was taken at birth, it happens all too often. Your daughter’s lawyer is going to need an expert to review what the ME is going to say. The lawyer can call me and I will be happy to make a referral.

40. Angela says:

My husband is accused of aggregate adult on a child they gave him 30 year but there no prove at all wat can I do to help him fight his case I knw his is like that I really believed him

Dear Angela,
      If he was convicted by jury there should be an appeal being written on his behalf. Your husband needs to give you power of attorney for legal matters which will give you the ability to force the issue of communication.

41. Angela says:

And I’ve tryed to contact his lawyer an no respond back at all his been n prison for about 2 years already he also tryed to write latter’s to his lawyers asking to knw about his case and no respond at all he does not understand English and didn’t understand wat they told him the day of his corte can u please help me in wat can I do to help him please

42. Mark says:

What if your acused of. Neglet and abuse and they see nothing how can u find out who called on u ir would b a law suit wh z t can i file a complain

Dear Mark,
      Whoever called in is protected by State anonymity. It is against the law for the name to be released and as a matter of fact, the name does not have to be given when making the report. Further, you have to PROVE the report was not made in good faith and unless the reporter told someone that he/she was going to make a false claim of abuse/neglect the reporter will have immunity from any civil suit. Sometimes you can find out (by error) who the reporter was but PROVING the call was made falsely is really hard to do. You claiming its false is no where near enough.

43. Brittany says:

My dad was wrongfully charged as a sex offender and did 17 years in prison and he is suppose to get out on Tuesday and he lost all his kids for it and I want to know who to contact for the innocence project in welch wv because he was wrongfully charged he can’t even get to know his grandchildren.

Dear Brittany,
      State Innocence Projects are usually located at one of your state’s law school. If you cannot find it, you could call the Innocence Project in NYC at Cordoza School of Law.

44. Tommie says:

I was falsely accused of touching a female butt in 2010 and my other command in San Antonio TX charges me for sexual assault in 2014 when she came to a class in Texas. Criminal Investigation Department was never notified per DODI: 6495.02 date 28 March 2013. My command did a 15-6 investigation who they appointed to do the questioning which was supposed to be done by a CID agent. My command rush me to a general court martial gave me a guilty verdict gave me Bad Conduct Discharge and made me registered as a sex offender. I’m doing an appeal because my military lawyer lied on my behalf saying I denied to talk to CID, once I notified CID they tried to do a plea deal without my knowledge and consent I want to sue the government how can I do that for falsely accusing me.

Dear Tommie,
      I do not know if you can. There is a civilian (former military Lt. C.) lawyer who I would trust. Call the office and I will make that referral to you. Our number is 419-865-0513.

45. Rosane Repath says:

My son has been wrongfully sentenced to life in prison with no parole for child abuse causing death to their twin premature born baby Everette. I am desperately seeking help to save my son’s life. Could someone any where help us??

Dear Rosane,
      Call the office to discuss your son’s situation. Our number is 419-865-0513

46. hopeless and afraid says:

There is a warrant out for my husband’s arrest for “lewd and lascivious acts with a minor over 10 years old” because my 16 year old daughter told the police he had swatted her rear in passing when they were asking her if he’d ever touched her various “private parts”. Also because she had texted him to bring her an after school snack and he immaturely replied with “suck a d” (yes, the letter D and not the full word) because we don’t have a car and he’s just childish like that… which is awful, I agree, but is not an actual offer or proposition nor is it a crime – it’s really just bad behavior and bad judgment. If it were an actual offer then all of my children would also be facing criminal charges for saying the same to each other and all of their friends.

This is a huge mess. Everything started out as my own misunderstanding of some goings-on and I called the cops thinking I wouldn’t have to deal with it; the cops who represented and protected justice would investigate and sort it all out… right? Wrong.

By the time I did understand what had actually happened, the cops were trying to turn the whole thing in a case of child molestation, but since nothing had occurred they decided to charge my husband with lewd and lascivious acts and are using the so-called “butt touch” and immature text as their proof that he’s a child molester. Each time I have tried to contact them they have told me not to protect him and have mostly refused to listen to me and have said that, basically, if they don’t put him in prison he’ll molest someone??? The one time the detective in charge did actually listen to me, he spent most of his time telling me I was wrong and making threats and other offensive comments.

My husband is a lot of not nice things, but he didn’t molest anyone. He’s not a child molester.

There has never been any kind of sexual misconduct.

So now, if they find him or if he turns himself in, they will throw him in jail for this. I’ve called the criminal court system to ask what the charges are. It’s 2 felony counts, 200,000 dollar bail!!

I’ve called lawyers – no one is willing to help unless I have money to put into it and I don’t; I’m disabled, on social security disability. My income is severely limited and I’m raising teenagers. So I feel like his only options are to run and stay hidden or to go to prison for years for something he didn’t do and have the rest of his life ruined by sexual predator charges for a crime he didn’t even commit.

I’m all for putting sexual predators behind bars…but this is too much. How can our system convict and sentence innocent people??? I thought cops were supposed to be protectors – and now I see they are the bad guys; making up stuff to create crimes just to put people behind bars all in the name of justifying their jobs and getting promotions.

Additionally, they took mine and my children’s electronic devices, without a warrant because their requests for these things sounded so official and I didn’t know that I should tell them to get a warrant rather than openly cooperating; including a gaming console that isn’t likely to be related to the crime they feel was committed, mine and my daughter’s personal computers, and cell phones- to search for evidence they will never find because it doesn’t exist. 2+ months later they still have not searched the items they are holding ransom and they tell me they can keep them for up to 10 years. They have made inappropriate comments to me and have threatened my daughter (who is supposed to be the victim?) with criminal charges for recanting about the butt touch (not because they want to nail a 16 year old girl for false reporting, but because the detective in charge is angry and wants to be able to pursue this case) and he threatened me by saying I needed to watch my attitude and implying that he could search my home if he didn’t like my attitude.

I feel like there’s a lot of police and prosecutorial misconduct going on but I don’t dare say that to anyone for fear of the repercussions.

I live each day with the knowledge that the man I married is wanted by police for some serious stuff basically just because I didn’t get a satisfactory answer out of him about the original issue (too complicated to explain on this board) and so I called the police thinking they were on the side of truth – and my daughter answered questions based on my bad advice because I figured no one could possibly construe it as anything other than what it was. I was wrong. Lesson learned. Now the whole family gets to pay steep prices for a simple misunderstanding.

Dear Hopeless and Afraid,

To be very clear we are not lawyers and cannot give legal advice. We would also never encourage someone to break the law by hiding from prosecution.

That being said, you might want to contact your local bar association to see if there are any lawyers willing to take a free or probono case. Your daughter needs to talk to a lawyer looking out for her best interest in her recantation. Once you have that, the lawyer would/should know what to do with it. He/she could call here and we would tell him/her what our experiences have been surrounding recanting kids. You might also want to contact the law colleges in your area to see if anyone there can help you. As far as you husband is concerned, chances are – he will be caught and that will be more difficult for him then him getting a lawyer and surrendering and fighting it out. The most important thing is to secure the recantation in a proper manner so that your daughter is protected and your husband can benefit.

47. Anthony Patrick says:

II have a brother that was convicted of capital murder in 2006 and he is now deceased I need help for exoneration and justice of his wrongful death.

Dear Anthony,
      What State did this happen in? I think you will have a very rough go as I suspect the statute of limitations has expired. I am not a lawyer though so call in and we will try to make a referral to you. Our number is 419-865-0513.

48. Jennifer Gathright says:

My friend, which is like a brother to me was falsely convicted of indecency with a child, forced to make a plea deal in which he did not understand as the prosecutor scared him into doing such. However, there is no actual proof to the entire case. Basically there is a 12 year old child (whom now is 14 years old) that stepped up to protect her mother that was having an affair with my friend. The 12 year old; step father held a gun to her mothers head saying he would kill her if she had slept with my friend,so the little girl said it was her that my friend was messing around with. The mother of this girl has made many other false accusations as that her current husband has milested their daughter, she was tested by cps with very high amounts of meth found in her system, she has had all of her children taken away from her. I have statements from several people staring that my friend was not even around at the time of the alleged crime, he was traveling via his job. They don’t even have s date that this alleged crime took place. None of the facts add up but my friend was wrongly accused because he has a mild drug problem. He wants help with this drug problem but now is not able due to being convicted of something he did not do. I also have a statement from the girls grandmother stating that the girl lied during her cps interview. My friend was as promised a lie detector test through the county investigator but it never happened. There are so many reasons that this case should have been thrown out mainly from lack of evidence. Please help me as it is so morally wrong for someone to be convicted of something he did not do, having to come out of the system in 6 years having to register as a sex offender.

Dear Jennifer,
      It is very difficult to do anything when someone has taken a plea. How long ago did he take the plea and where did it happen?

49. Jennifer Smith says:

I need help in regards to my 63 yr old Father, at this point I am desperate to expose abuse Of Law guidelines and his innocence & any advice we may get! I drive 5.5 hours when he has court and I have witnessed things that are unethical & people who are abusing their power w/in the court system! My Father is a Baptist pastor, who has earned his doctorate degree, pastored his Church in this small community where there was a HUGE “SPLIT” this year and well let’s just say ithats when all the allegations started…..My Dad was arrested on Sept 6, 2015 and had NO IDEA WHY! 2 young ladies are accusing him of CSC! The detective on the case, to say the very least & made many mistakes! He took statements from the 2 girls (no tape or video) and reported that everything that he had wrote down in regards to the incidents GOT SHREDDED!! Crazy right? He originally went to the girls’ homes to ask questions about misuse of church funds (because one of the couples that left my Dads church said he committed Money fraud and called the town detective) When your Pastor is tithed money, last time I knew it was not stealing ..and after he visited the two girls these CSC CHARGES were falsely made! He started all this and has NOT appeared in court not once! First Subpoena he just never showed up, 2nd subpoena he returned to my Dads Lawyer and wrote on the bottom he was on a long term medical sick leave BUT a family my Father knows was at a funeral a few days before that court date in which they said he was well, had his badge and gun visible for all to see! That day in court my Dads lawyers tried to speak on it and the judge shut it down! Talking about judges, the judge he had the first time is now suspended for wrongful doing! My Fathers lawyer also called one of the young lady’s schools to get all her info and low and behold, somehow the Detective picked up everything w/out my Fathers Lawyer knowing(somehow someone told them what my Dads Lawyers asked them for) Ridiculous if you ask me! There are two boys that are the brothers’ of the oldest victim(19/20) and they have knocked her creditability and testified AGAINST, telling her to stop lying and tell the truth! They BOTH have also stated the Detective tried to get them to lie, twist their words and coherse their statements and they WOULD NOT! There is no evidence, DNA and BOTH GIRLS have been caught lying on the stand(during the prelim) which even caused a few of the charges to be reduced, I’m assuming they forgot what lies they told the first time! The hardest part of this is the youngest(teenage) alleged victim, she has quite the “STORY”, in foster care and my Father would be the FOURTH man, if convicted! He is STILL sitting in jail and we are waiting for a date still for jury trial! We don’t know ALL the laws but what can we do?? They have already convicted him and clearly are trying to do ANYTHING to convict! I’m praying that the lack of evidence and non consistent stories will help set him free, I just can’t sit back and DO NOTHING…God Bless You