The Falsely Accused and Attorneys who represent them

This site is dedicated to those who have been falsely accused of some type of child abuse and for the attorneys who represent them.

The National Innocence Project has exonerated, based upon DNA evidence, hundreds of persons who were convicted of atrocious crimes including capital murder and/or rape. A large number of those persons had confessed to crimes they did not commit. Considering that most cases of child abuse do not involve DNA evidence, one can only guess at the number of people in prison that are innocent. The fact that a person has been accused or charged and, possibly, convicted of the crime does not mean that they were guilty of the crime. There are many reasons for this phenomena that are touched upon in this site.

In the large percent of sexual abuse cases, there is no physical evidence or eyewitnesses. Medical exams are routinely “normal”. Yet, people are still convicted based upon a complainant and hearsay/vouching testimony by so-called “experts”. Especially disturbing are the cases where repeated, penile pentration was alleged, yet the medical exam was “normal” with what is considered an “intact” hymen.

In alleged Shaken Baby and other alleged physical abuse cases, there is seldom a search for an “equally competing hypothesis” for causation of any injuries. In most cases, the presumption is made that the injurie(s) were non-accidental and therefore must have been inflicted by someone. What is not commonly known is that in many of these cases, there is a gigantic dispute among medical experts as to whether a particular injury was accidental versus non-accidental or whether there is some non-abusive cause of the condition or injury.

The search for the truth regarding a child abuse allegation involves “The Law, the Science, the Myths, the Reality”. No one wants a guilty child abuser to go unpunished. On the other hand, there is a sentiment in the general public that it is “better to err on the side of safety” which translates into that “it is better to convict 10 innocent people to make sure we get the one guilty person”. That is, unless they are the person accused or a family member or friend.

Justice can be served when people educate themselves on the issues involved and let reason, rather than emotion, rule the day. We seek justice not only for real victims, but for those who have been ajudged a child abuser when they have not abused anyone.

This entry was posted in Blog, Homepage. Bookmark the permalink.

441 Responses to The Falsely Accused and Attorneys who represent them

1. ahsley says:

I need help I stay in LA and they are trying to close my sons case. Its been open for 3 years and now they are trying to close it after finding out I am almost done with what they asked. I dont have much right now all I want is my baby back. I was never given a minute order. My whole case there is certain paper work that they have that I don’t.

• admin says:

Your lawyer would have the minute order and you have the right to go look at your file in your lawyers office. Send him/her letters asking questions and document if he/she does not respond. If it is a public defender that represents you then this documentation will help you when talking to his/her boss. If you go to court, tell the judge that the lawyer isn’t talking to you.

2. Richard says:

Hello, My name is Richard and my wife and i are being charged with two counts of CA.PENAL CODE 273(a) (willfully trying to cause death to our children)and CPS has taking our kids from us because my 7 year old son William (who has Autism) got out of our home and made it down the street. The local police were called when a neighbor saw my son running down the culdsac. They are saying that my wife is not fit to care for our children and i am negligent for leaving them with her.They know nothing about children with Autism and whats called WANDERING. anyway, they arrested my wife and i and called CPS who took our kids due to no support. Which means there was no one to care for the kids. Now they CPS is trying all they can to keep our children( I believe for financial gain). The public defenders who are representing us (cause we used all our savings and retirement to bail out, cant afford a real lawyer) seem to be on their side.
    My wife and I are VERY AFRAID that CPS WILL KEEP OUR CHILDREN AND THE COURTS ARE GOING TO SEND TWO LOVING PARENTS TO PRISON. just a brief of who we are is: we have been together since we were 15yrs old (now 45) we have 6 amazing children. 4 girls 2 boys. Our oldest daughter is a decorated V.F.W (Iraq and Afghanistan)@^yrs old, our second daughter is a California wild land forest fighter 23yrs. old.
    Our third daughter is 19 and runs a catering business. then we have our fourth daughter who is 10yrs. old and being just that, A 10 year old little girl. then we have our boys ( well CPS has them)William H. who is & and was diagnosed with Autism and our 4 yr. old Alfred B..
    I have worked in the HVAC field for 27yrs. and my wife has been an employee for the local schools where she is(was) trying to get in with working with children with special needs.
    TO END THIS “WE ARE BEING WRONGFULLY ACCUSED AND OUR FAMILY RIPPED APART OVER THIS> AND I MUST MENTION TO YOU THE IRREPARABLE DAMAGE BEING DONE TO MY SON WILLIAM WITH HIS DISABILITY.
    Please if there is anyone that can help us through this terrible ordeal. we would be forever grateful
    Thank you all for your time.
    Sincerely,
    Richard and Family
    Modesto CA,

Dear Richard,
      Call the office for the name of a lawyer we know well in Modesto. I do not know if she can help but she might be able to point you in the right direction. Our number is 419-865-0513.

3. Renee says:

I gave birth to my baby girl in March 2011. I was promised to get her back in two weeks as soon as forensic test came back from Malibu California. The test came back ALL negative! The following Monday I went to court and my public defender said that I couldn’t subpoena the person that took the test in Malibu California. And I wasn’t getting her back in two weeks. I did everything in my case plan. Never tested positive for drugs. My mother was gonna get custody of her, since I lived in a house next door to her with a different address. My baby was put up for adoption and I lost my parental rights. I was treated unfairly and my rights were violated. I demand her back!

Dear Renee,
      Your story is very sad and unfortunately not so uncommon. I would be very surprised if you had any legal remedies after this much time. Did you appeal the termination? If not, you should talk to a lawyer to see if there is anything you can do.

4. Heather says:

I am seeking missouri attorney for a false allegation reportedly by a child not living in my home. I am in a cps case

Dear Heather,
      Call the office at 419-865-0513. When know several really good lawyers in Missouri.

5. Janet says:

Please help I am currently going through a tough situation. My husband was accused of child abuse. The case began about this time last year he has fully cooperated with police who have interviewed my husband and myself. Child protective services came to our home and made him leave for about 4 months they released him to come back home. After he was allowed to come back home we did not hear from the detective about the case again. He was arrested the other night for warrant that was put out regarding this case. I have tried to look for lawyers in the state of Oregon who help the accused but I can only find lawyers who help the defendant. I don’t know what to do. My husband and I have 6 children together. I just want my family back. I don’t know what to do. Any help information that is provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Dear Janet,
      I know several lawyers really good criminal lawyers in Oregon who deal with these cases. Call the office for a referral. Our number is 419-865-0513.

6. Richard says:

I am charged with 3rd degree sex abuse of a 16 year old, and am innocent. Under what circumstances could my recorded interview with the police be ruled inadmissible? We can show that the last 20 minutes of my interview are not on the DVD. Would that fact alone make my entire interview inadmissible in Iowa? We also think there may have been at least one place on the DVD recording where my answer to a question has been deleted. Should we be asking for a transcript of the interview? Are they legally required to provide us with a transcript? What motions should my attorney be filing to get my interview ruled inadmissible?

Dear Richard,
      Depending on what is in the recording a lawyer makes his/her decisions about suppressing the recording. If the recording has been tampered with it is up to the defense to prove it. There are experts out there that can determine if a tape has been edited. Yes, you do need a “certified transcript” so it can be relied upon in court proceedings. Have your lawyer give us a call and we can talk to him and make suggestions. We are not lawyers so I cannot give legal advice but I can make suggestions to the lawyer. He/she can call us at 419-865-0513.

7. D_S says:

I have been falsely accused of being a child abuser by the alleged victim’s mother and she is going all over town spreading to everyone that i did such a thing when I didn’t. Should I hire a lawyer and sue her for the false accusations and about telling everyone a lie?

Dear DS,
      First you need to consult a lawyer and protect your Rights. After that, if you can PROVE (not just believe) she is the accuser and the allegations are being made “not in good faith” then maybe you can get around the immunity issues. I suspect you will find most lawyers not interested but there have been a few who have done just what you are thinking. Remember, first protect yourself!

8. Rena says:

on was falsely accuse and unjust in court. We had a paid the and lawyer that mis-rpresented my son case my daugther was the key witness
    at the time and the counsel told me my dauther can’t go on the stand to testify what went on that day and what my daugther saw she was also a young at time but very smart. like my son was 9yrs. older than my daugther, The White girl was older than my daugther my daugther saw her couple yrs later in the supermarket and ask the girl why did you tell a lie on my brother the girl reply my stepfather and mother made me said he did’t it my dauther was trying to talk to the girl more but her mom apporach her and told her to stay away from my daugther that she not allow to talk to my daugther. The girl parent was forbiding to come to court because they were unfit parent’s but they allow the girl to go back with them everyone live in the community well known them as drug abuse the girl ran away from home about 3 or 4 days before they falsely accuse my son. the cops and dogs found her in the woods cuddy up with a stuff animal with blood on her dress she had ran away from home. the Atty that represent my son had show me the girl dianosis of the gril she had a STD the atty. told me I must not let anyone know he show me. My son had his doctors appointments never treated for any STD’s and never had a STD. Also my son was sentence with a 20 yrs probation and serve 5yrs in prison for false crime he did’nt do thier was never a DNA done befoe they sentence my son also the PD dept took my son shorts from my house a year later Iwas beng harresed bythe dective
    until i made a complaint to the town hnll I did’nt see the dective no more but the fact remins my son and me and my daugther is going so much pain for a false statment so that drug abuser can state money from the state to support thier dirty drug habbits what wrong this picture but this is a nice young man that had his whole youth freedom taken away from him lies and money from drug abuser my son trying to finish college that have on semister to finish but everytime he tries probation violated him for this false crime he did’nt do he probation had him kick out of school and told him he can’t speak about GOD and JESUS in his office or he will violated my son my son and my life is so many problems for carelness a madness. The judge known that my son ATTy was not in his right mind to represent my son case Ifound out 3 or 4 yrs, later the Atty that represented my son was sent to jail and dis bar from law pratice from stealing client money and mis-representation the Atty to money from me for a investigation that never happen the court never notify me. I need help this is really wrong to treat my family this way. Can we please get some help I’m single parent mom been figthing this matter for 14rs & Half My son is present in DOC custdy every time probation violate my son because of this false and unjust crime he did’nt do all the answers are thier we need help.

Dear Rena,
      With DNA & STD issues the BEST place you can go is the Innocence Project in your state. If you cannot find it, call the national number at Cordozo School of Law (212) 790-0200.

9. Diane says:

Please help me i am falsely accused of abuse and neglect in Nassau County NY. I need a lawyer as soon as possible.

Dear Diane,
      We do not post phone numbers of lawyers on the internet. Please call the office and we will be happy to make a referral. Our number is 419-865-0513.

10. Charlotte says:

My son Matthew Major was convicted and sentenced to 30 years on each count, 6 counts of child molesting in Indiana. The only evidence was her testimony. Her medical exams showed intact hymen, no evidence of being penetrated 6 times vaginal and rectal. The DNA didn’t support the claims either. Yet the jury found him guilty. His public defender did horrible defense in the case. Except for the PD bodily being beside my son that was the extent of his defense abilities. Is there any organization that can look into his case? And help a innocent man from serving life in prison?

Dear Charlotte,
      How long ago was your son’s conviction? Depending on how far along in the appeal process you are would determine the kinds of suggestions that might be made. You can call the office to discuss your son’s situation. Our number is 419-865-0513.

• charlotte says:

He was convicted on 02/21/2041. He was sentenced on 03/19/2014. His appeal is supposedly being in the process by his public defender before the deadline of April 19,2014. I’m trying to find a agency that will look at his case to see the evidence of Matthew’s innocence. Thank you for taking the time to respond,
        Charlotte

11. carrie says:

My husband has been falsely accused of touching our daughter and I feel the cops and the dcfs are now harrasing us..he’s not allowed home or to have any contact with the kids..this all started yrs ago his daughter accused him of touching her it was unfounded and soon after she told everyone how it was a lie she did it so she can live with her mom..my husband would never hurt any of our kids a friend was telling my daughter about the situation with the first daughter and next thing we know he’s being accused again I need help or info we need somebody to fight for us and get the truth this has destroyed our lives

Carrie,
      Call the office and give us an update on your current situation. 419-865-0513.

12. Caccia says:

Hello my husband has been convicted of a crime he did not commit just recently we are still waiting for sentencing although he is wrongfully accused and we have much evidence to prove he is innocent and the child was couched to say things the jury did not want to see this. I am trying to also find a way to save my husband for a fate of a lies and a life in prison for something he did not do. I am not very justice savvy and I have no more way I could think of to help him.
    I’m in California

Caccia

Caccia,
      Call the office so we can give you the best recommendations we can. The number is 419-865-0513.

13. Buffy says:

My husband has been wrongfully accused of molesting our adopted daughter and I am being charged with aiding and abetting. She is now 18 years old and denies everything, however, CPS has taken our younger children and we were both arrested and are facing multiple felony charges.

Our daughter even wrote a letter to the judge requesting the charges to be dropped.

After paying for both of our bonds, we can’t afford thousands for attorneys. Where can we turn for help?

Dear Buffy,
      It is always a dilemma when families have to choose between bail and attorney fees. As I told a previous writer, you might call defense lawyers and try to get them to take your case, there are the public defenders but you may not be eligible since you bailed yourself out, and there are law colleges. Try them all. Supply whatever lawyers you get with all the information you can. Recantation is not enough, you 18 year old needs to try to find a lawyer to help her. You can call the office and we might be able to give you more specifics based off of your facts.

14. Lisa says:

My daughter gave birth in prison and I had temporary custidy of my granddaughter . I brought her home from the hospital. A warrant came up for a case I have been fighting for not reporting to probation when I had requested that I mistakenly plead to my first felony and when I called the sheriffs dept was told it was or able so my husband and granddaughter went down to sign a promise to appear. We were asked to wait and 1hour later cps arrived took the baby. 4months have passed my daughter and I were lied to and we were never told the date of the judicial hearing only the dispositional and by then the baby is a dependant and even tho I realized what cps did with evidence with the e mail she sent me and my daughters council never arranging transport after appointed 30 days prior. 4 months have passed no hearing for trial whichwe requested over and over. She is now 5 countys away with distant relitives who want to adopt her and cps claims I am a druggies w nothing in my criminal history to support. My daughter did nothing wrong but the recomendation is tpr w no reunification. We want her back! How can theydo this! Oh yea the reason the sheriff called cps and denied my or was mistaken identity. Told cps we were unfit and had been involved in a kidnapping on the petition but was proven completely untrue so never any probable cause of or abuse or neglect. Do you know any pro Bono cps or civil rights attorneies to help. I have put all the facts w supporting documents proving our case allready .we live in Santa Cruz county. Mydaughter is in chowchilla with a 3 ye sentence she has 1yr 4 months to go for a DUI w injuy and was 2 wks pregnant when she was taken into custody and remained in custody threwout the pregnancy her 1st child at age 30. I live in Santa Cruz county

• admin says:

Sadly this organization does not have names of pro bono lawyers. I suggest you keep calling and pleading your case in an attempt to get a pro bono lawyer. Sometimes law clinics at law colleges will also do pro bono cases. There are also public defenders. Indigent accused face a much more difficult burden! Keep calling attorneys and maybe one will sign on.

Good Luck,

15. Regina says:

I have 5 kids and a single mother after i lost my job cps came to my home and removed my children, i have visits with my children once a month. please help me regain custody of all 5 of my children. cps also have my children fabricating lies about me. what can i do i want my kids back.

• admin says:

You will need to have a lawyer advocate for you. Again you can call us and we can talk more specifically to see what we can recommend.

• Lisa says:

Thank you I lost your site I am learning how to write a writ of mandate and my daughter I am teaching her a writ of habeas corpus. Its us against now 6 attornies 2 sheriffs 4 DFCS and 1 judge and 1 court clerk all abuse of discretion. Jessica’s attorney and the court system have no morals when it comes to new moms incarcerated. She has CDC behind her tho and if we win she has been accepted in the mother infant program and can do a 1 year residential treatment program for new mothers and infants that is saving her a bed if she wins and can get custody back
        Pray for us. The next hearing If we don’t win this appeal is TPR with adoption in October.Thanks

16. april says:

Yeah my boyfriend was fausly accessed of sexual abused by my daughter it has torn my family apart he has a lawyer but the lawyer say wait and see what happens that scares me on what will happen do u have any advice

• admin says:

You and your boyfriend need to ask very specific questions regarding the lawyers trial strategy. You need to supply the lawyer with all the information you can but remember never to give away original copies. Keep the originals until close to trial! Stay on the lawyer, nicely at first.

17. Leigh says:

My boyfriend has been accussed of 3rd degree sexual abuse to a 14 year old .
    Her medical report states a fully intact hymen and no recent trama to the area and she took her exam 13 days later . There was no dna evidence and it came back inconclusive and they had the sheets from
    Bed and the shorts she was wearing that evening . Can you refer a good attorney for this in iowa around Des Moines ? This charge is ruining a beautiful family’s life .

Dear Leigh,
      We actually can make a referral to a good lawyer in Des Moines. You can call the office 419-865-0513 and we will give you the name and number.

18. Scott says:

I need an attorney in nys.my x has falsly
    accused myself of child neglect and recently
    Accused my son of touching our daughterand this comes
    After my daughter has made several accusations
    Of moms boyfriend touching her to a medical
    Dr and there councler. Cps case is opened. Something is wrong
    And my son and i need help.

Scott,
      Call the office as we do not provide referrals through the blog. Our office number is 419-865-0513.

19. Cassandra says:

I have been falsely diagnosed as a pedophile since 1-16-2009. I found out in Feb 2014 and they did not remove off my record until May 2014 then doctor wrote a letter saying it was an error and she never gave me the diagnosis. This is WRONG… I want this taken care off and this would explain why I have been having so many issues with other people in this world. This document has been used to slander and defame my character and my name. This is a state agency and this was used against me without my knowledge but has caused me a lot of issues in life.

Dear Cassandra,
      We have removed your phone number. It seems to me that you need to talk to a lawyer about this. If a doctor falsely labeled you as a pedophile that is a terrible thing. I will call you today to make a lawyer referral to you.

20. Lostinarkansas says:

My twelve year old son has had allegations brought against him by a family I was nannying for. He is innocent! He was never left alone with this child as he was prone to hit, bite, scratch and in general hurt others around him. The charges were made after the mentioned child became angry with us when I refused to do something he wanted. I was informed about what he said and was informed that I could still work work for them but my son was not welcome in their house. That was needless to say unacceptable to me and I quit. They became angry and reported to CPS only after I quit. We now have a open case with them and I do not know what to do… I am a single parent and can barely afford daily expenses and as we live in a small town and these aerie affluent people I am so scared they will ruin my son’s future.

Dear Lostinarkansas,
      Depending on which court you end up in will depend on what your options are. You might want to call legal aid to see if they will give you advice. If not, you can try law colleges that have law clinics. I know that sounds scary but these are law students supervised by their professors and most of them are pretty eager to do a good job. If you end up in a courtroom, you will be able to get a court appointed lawyer. There are some really terrific public defenders and it is the luck of the draw but when you do not have the funds or family who will help, your options become limited.

There are many blogs out there that will advise you to exercise your rights and not let CPS around or refuse to talk to them. Most of the time, I would probably agree with that IF it were a criminal matter. This however is not and if you do not have a legal advocate talking for you and you fail to talk to them then the only information they have to make a legally mandated decision is to listen to what is being alleged.

We are not lawyers and cannot give legal advice but look at all sides of this when making serious decisions using your head not your emotions!
      Good Luck,

21. Sonia says:

My husband was accused by his sister’s daughter of groping her. We had cps come to our house and do an investigation. A detective asked him to take a polygraph which he passed. The girl has is 16 and has a history of lying. Is their any legal mater we can take against her or her parents for making false allegations?

Dear Sonia,
      We are not lawyers and cannot give legal advise. It has been my experience not only as the Exec. Dir. of this Organization but also as Trial Consultant that unless you have clear proof that the allegation was intentionally falsely made and can PROVE it was falsely made you will most likely not get around the immunity statutes. In my opinion the immunity is the biggest problem in the child abuse arena. Everyone should be accountable but it does not work that way in child abuse cases.

You can call the office and we will make a referral so you can see if you have enough to get over the hurdle! Our number is 419-865-0513.

Good Luck,

22. Shay says:

Hey I have a friend who was arrest for something she didn’t do and now she got life in the prison… She don’t have nobody she need help with a appeal… What should she do?

Dear Shay,
      If she had a trial by Judge or Jury she will be entitled to a court appointed appeal lawyer. That lawyer may or may not ever talk to her depending on the issues in the case. She can contact the appellate public defender for the county she was convicted to see if they have been assigned to help her.

Good Luck,

23. angelica says:

It’s amazing to see how many people get caught up in the system and some get crushed by it. I fought and was able to prove my case. My attorney had a Perry Mason Moment in court and my case was dismissed but, it was not without many bumps in the road.

24. laura says:

Is this organization similar to ” the innocence project”?. i have a case that is over however…….we lost EVERYTHING my case went back n forth for years……in the beginning cps said…..”we’ll keep the newborn and give u back the older boys”….( terrible). And towards the end cps said “no matter what you do Laura….we will just keep coming in and taking them everytime the judge gives them back to you.”(disgusting)….I LIVE IN THE AREA OF THE BIG MILLION DOLLAR APPEALLS RULING. In this county they are still doing the same thing as ten years ago….. no one is talking….. Im barely coming to terms w/ what they did. i am legally disabled now. i am interested in obtaining the entire court report.

Dear Laura,
      We share many of the same goals and aspirations as the Innocence Project without their money. Due to your financial restraints, you might be able to order your court record one piece at a time. I do suggest you order the oldest hearings first. To my shock, I recently tried to get a court document transcribed from a case 10 years ago to find out the minutes had been destroyed.

Good Luck,

25. Christine says:

I am looking for information and help for a mentally disabled person who has been falsely convicted of touching a child. He has an IQ of 84 and does not understand most of what he is being told. Is there somewhere we can go to find him an advocate to help walk him through the courts and help him to understand what he is being told.

Dear Christine,
      If he is incarcerated there is a slim chance his “case manager” or “social worker” could help him. If not you can call MMRD to see if they have any lawyers that intervene in this situation.

Good Luck,

26. Brandon says:

I’ve been accused of 4 counts of child abuse to my girlfriends twin boys because a nurse saw me spank one of the children and then noticed bruises on the child’s arms and legs from the boys fighting and biting each other. I’ve always adored children and wanted to be a visitation supervisor but this is now seemly screwing up everything I’ve ever cared about.
    I’m not sure what to do or how to prove my innocence . They want me to move out of my girlfriends house and nt have contact with the children when I have literally done nothing.
    Who can I call in Washington and get advice from on CPs and what I should do?

Dear Brandon,
      There are lawyers we can refer you to in Washington but you will have to call the office. We do not publically list lawyers names for various reasons. Our number is 419-865-0513.

Good Luck,

27. corina says:

Any help in new york? Please

28. pat says:

Do you handle anything other than adolence issue, criminal matter that
    was drop by the federal no evidents, and the state decided to pick it up. I got robbed by two attorneys who did nothing but take my money and never call back again. This is when it was in the hands of the Fed. Its now at the state and I have not been able to work for more than a year and have lost everything and have a young child to suuport. I have no money and had to rely on a public defender who has done absolutely nothing, this is the third one….who haven’t even read the case…never returns calls…the most I have heard from them in the past week is during the entire year. They are not fighting for at all except to tell to agree to something I have not done and have volunteer me to paid rescutution for something that was never paid for….not to mention I don’t have 100 dollars not to mention about 6,000. They should in my opinion have been asking the charges to be dimiss/throw out so I can go on with my life after 5 years of hell,pain,suffering and tormenting my SON AND I, THIS IS WORSE THAN DEATH. WHAT THEY ARE DURING TO ME IS SIMPLY NOT RIGHT…IF I ACCEPT WHAT THEY ARE DURING I STILL CAN NOT WORK….WHAT GOOD AM I TO MYSELF AND TO MY SON…THIS IS A GOOD EXAMPLE WHY PEOPLE THINK LIVING IS WORSE….I NEED HELP SOON….MY ENTIRE LIFE IS DISAPPEARING BEFORE MY EYES……..I TOOK OVER MY ENTIRE FILE AND RESENTED TO THEM A GOOD CASE OF THROWING IT OUT AND NO EVIDENCE TO CONTINUE…..THATS WHY THE FED DROP THE CASE…..THAT WASN’T GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM….THEY DECIDE THAT WASN’T A GOOD ENOUGH ARGUMENT…WHO AM I TO WORRY ABOUT MY LIFE AND MY SONS LIFE ITS NOT THAT BAD

Dear Pat,
      Call our office to discuss your situation. I do not have enough information from your e-mail to comment. Our number is 419-865-0513.

29. Ann says:

My boyfriend was wrongfully convicted back in 2003 for aggravated child molestation. There is no evidence that links him to this allegation other than her word against his. He was given 25 years in prison. I have been working with a lawyer to help get him out for this conviction. He also has a lousy attorney during the time of this allegation/charge/sentencing. HELP, I NEED MY BOYFRIEND HOME!!!!!

Dear Ann,
      You can call the office so we can discuss the situation. Our number is 419-865-0513.

30. DIANE says:

I HAVE A 30 YEAR OLD SON BEING FALSELY ACCUSED OF TOUCHING A 13 YEAR OLD MALE FAMILY FRIEND

HIS GRANDMOTHER HAS BEEN MY MANAGER AT MY JOB FOR 6 YEARS AND WE HAVE BECOME GREAT FRIENDS AND I HAVE WATCHED THIS BOY GROW UP AND BOTH MY SONS HAVE BEEN MENTORS TO HIM BECAUSE HIS FATHER IS NOT IN THE PICTURE WE HAVE DONE ALOT FOR THIS CHILD OVER THE LAST 6 YEARS AND I LOVE HIM TO DEATH AND I KNOW HE HAS ALOT OF PROBLEMS HE IS SEEING A COUNSELOR FOR HIS PROBLEMS

MY YOUNGER SON HAD A PRO BASEBALL TRY OUT IN VA AND OF COURSE WE KNEW THIS CHILD WOULD FIND THIS EXCITING AND WE WANTED HIM TO BE A PART OF THIS DREAM
    I GOT A HOTEL ROOM FOR 2 NIGHTS AND THE CHILD SLEPT ON THE FLOOR WHILE THE SONS SLEPT IN ONE BED AND I IN ANOTHER HE SEEMED TO BE HAVING SO MUCH FUN AND EVEN AFTER THE SUPPOSED “TOUCHING” HAPPENED HE WAS VERY HAPPY AND HAVING ICE FIGHTS AND JOKING AROUND WITH THE ONE HE ACCUSED NEVER SAID A WORD TO ME AND HIS PERSONALITY DIDNT CHANGE ONE BIT I MYSELF WAS A VICTIM AND I COULDNT EVEN FATHOM JOKING AROUND WITH MY ABUSER

I HAVE COOPERATED WITH THE INFORMATION MY MANAGER NEEDED LIKE MY SONS BIRTHDATE AND THE HOTEL WE WERE AT IN VA WE LIVE ON THE EAST COAST NORTH CAROLINA WE DONT HAVE ALOT OF MONEY I AM CURRENTLY OUT OF A JOB OF COURSE I DIDNT QUIT THE MANAGER OF COURSE HASNT PUT ME ON THE SCHEDULE

WE KNOW WE NEED AN ATTORNEY AND MY SON IS CURRENTLY IN HIS 4TH YEAR OF COLLEGE BEFORE HE ATTENDS VETERINARIAN SCHOOL MY SON IS ALSO MEDICALLY RETIRED FROM THE ARMY CAN YOU HELP AT ALL? THIS CHILD OBVIOUSLY HAS PROBLEMS AND HE NEEDS HELP TOO

Dear Diane,
      I apologize for the delay in responding. Computers have minds of their own! Please call the office if there is something we can help with since you posted end of July. Our number is 419-865-0513

31. Sue says:

A friend of mine is being accused of something he did not do, there is no evidence just hearsay. Police report and deposition are 2 completely different stories and well frankly where we come from our judge is a coke head lying son of a gun who doesn’t care about wrong from right. But in our parts you also cannot find reliable representation without thousands of dollars. The public defender that they offer is on the judges side and doesn’t care. What do you do in a case like this and how can you find someone to help an innocent person?

32. battlewearymom says:

My 13 year old son was recently accused of molesting a 6 year old girl. He denies all of the accusations and I believe him. I know when my son is lying to me. He recently passed a grueling and rather invasive polygraph test given by a clinical psychologist that deals with juvenile sex issues primarily. He even took some extra measures above and beyond what is “typical” so that the results could “not be contested”. He passed his issue specific polygraph and was quite praised by the psychologist. The psychologist said he was “confident in saying nothing has happened”. My son was absolutely exhausted post-exam. This poor kid has been through the ringer. His question to me was “when this test shows that I didn’t do anything, are we done?” I didn’t know how to answer him. There have been no official charges filed and my fear is that they will wait until he is 14 so that he can be tried as an adult. My question is, are there any studies on the reliability of polygraph testing in youth? I find lots of stuff regarding polygraph being used to get people to disclose things but nothing relating to how it actually HELPED someone against the accusations being made. In your opinion what could be the likelihood of charges still being brought forth? I am worried that the father of the girl will reject the exam results outright and not further investigate what is really going on as well and I’d like something to help back up the results.

33. Linda Forbes says:

My case has been going on since 2001 my ex and family have alienated my only daughter from me. They used false allegations that I was an alcoholic, crack head, dumpster diver, called me down. They said that I denied them access to my daughter and telephone access to her which I never did. They denied me. Somehow they managed to have the custody and access evaluator break her own ethical conduct by meeting with the other party and making further recomodations to the court without a parent presence and without my knowledge nor my lawyers knowledge and this was after the evaluation had been submitted. They were very malicious towards me and I stood up for as much as I could take. I believe I have a case. They involved my daughter from a very young age and turned her against me. there lawyer ignored my lawyers. My ex moved out of town and lied to the courts about it. They hit me with every court cost imaginable. They used people within the system to make things difficult for me. A lawyer which I had even wrote to the law society on my behalf. I would like to start a tort lawsuit but I don’t know how but I do know the irreparable damage I suffer on a daily basis.

34. Reba Jenkins says:

My baby niece is in foster care because of a ex calling CPS saying the grandfather (babys Dad Father) was abusing drugs while she was in his care (she lived there with both the Grandfather and the Dad at the time). They said he failed his drug test but when he tried to tell them (CPS workers) that he is in the care of a Pain Specialist they would not listen. He has proof and they never admitted in court so I don’t even know if the Judge knows. They are still not willing to check what he says is true. The parents are 18 and my niece who is the mother is mentally about 14-15. She and the Dad still do not understand what is going on. The baby was abused in the first foster care home but they won’t let the Dad have her back because they seem not to want to. Please help we want our baby back and she was never neglected or abuse or not taken care of, both families his and mine have been there taking care of her since she was born. My name is Reba again if you can help in any way it would be so appreciated. Thank you.

35. Terry says:

I just found out this week that in 2003, the DFS had made a file on me stating that there was probable cause that I had threatened my 17 year old daughter. This had never happened. Would really like to talk to someone to see what I can do to get this off my record.

Terry

36. Kim says:

Please Help! My Dad was falsely accused of sexual assault by a girl with mental disabilities. We have retained an attorney, is there any other advice you can give us that we should be doing right now!

• admin says:

I apologize for the delay in responding. Computers have minds of their own! Please call the office if there is something we can help with since you posted in early August. Our number is 419-865-0513

37. Rita says:

My son is being forced to accept a plea bargin or take a risk of trial by jury and possibility of facing life in prison for sexual abuse of a minor. He is handicapped, did not commit the crime, and we are frightened for him. The plea bargin, 90 days house arrest, 2 years probation, and is not only forcing to admit to something he didn’t do, but he would have to register as a sex offender for 10 years. This is all without any evidence at all, just a little girl that we believe that the older daughter is making her say these things to get back at my son and/I for kicking her out of the house. It’s been 2 years in court, we are scheduled for 115 hearing and a 402 meeting for lawyers and judge to sit together and discuss the case in closed chambers. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE!!! Because HE DIDN’T DO IT!! Please help with any advice. We are most grateful.

• admin says:

I apologize for the delay in responding. Computers have minds of their own! Please call the office if there is something we can help with since you posted early August. Our number is 419-865-0513

38. deborah says:

Hello; my name is Deborah; I am in the need of help desperately. For you see my son is the one I am writing about on August 12, 2014 my son Tanner H. was to be in court today for a progress report on a case with the judge and the probation officer. He has a warrant out for his arrest, we have had the girls since July 3-Aug 3 my older daughter made a statement that he held a gun up to her 9 year old head during the time the children were in my care. This is not true my oldest daughter utilities have been off, Now this is something that just recently happen she called the police and told them this. This happen after she picked the girls up because I’ve been not feeling well and thought this was just temporary. The two of us live together since my son been home. He is (24) son he on probation for weapons under disability and felonies assault, I have no weapons in the house she never said a word where is this coming from on several occasions I tried to reach out and ask my daughter about this and how come she didn’t come and speak with me. It not true I need help for this. But, to make a long story short my son has already did 2 years in the past. He is scared to go and turn himself in we have no monies for legal counsel and in the past had ended up with a public defender. My son has been going to anger management classes, seeking a job, and receiving help with depression, ADD. My church members and I see the change in him. I need help because he asked me mom who, ‘will they believe(tanner)himself an ex- offender or a little girl and her mom. Please, Please help me.

• Ms. D says:

Hello; Ms. d I am in the need of help desperately. For you see my son . He has a warrant out for his arrest, we have had taken care ot the girls since July 3-Aug 3 my older girl kids made a statement that he held a gun up to her 9 year old head during the time the children were in my care. This is not true she called the police and told them this. This happen after she picked the girls up since my son been home. He is (24) son he on probation felonies assault, I tried to reach out and ask my daughter about this. It not true I need help for this. He scared to go and turn himself in we have no monies for legal counsel My church members and friends see the change in him. I need help because he asked me mom who, ‘will they believe(tanner)himself an ex- offender or a little girl and her mom. Please, Please help me.

• admin says:

I apologize for the delay in responding. Computers have minds of their own! Please call the office if there is something we can help with since you posted mid August. Our number is 419-865-0513

39. Tyeshia says:

Please email Ms . Donald as soon as possible. I have been falsely accused.
    Thanks

• admin says:

I apologize for the delay in responding. Computers have minds of their own! Please call the office if there is something we can help with since you posted Mid August. Our number is 419-865-0513

40. Robert Wardlow says:

I live in Clark County, Indiana. The first County north of Louisville, Ky.
    I need HELP!!!! My sister was my babysitter she had an accident in her vehicle where she had to slam on her brakes to keep from hitting a van that pulled out in front of her. She brought him home because she said he was sick he was supposed to stay the night with her. My son is 19 months old and he is my world. He has two older brothers one that lives with us and he is seven the other lives with his mom and is six. My fiancée went to take his temperature using an ear thermometer. It read that he was fine. So she divided to do a rectum temp. When she took off his diaper we noticed bruising and swelling around his abdomen and genitals and had a circular dark bruise on his lower back. I emediatly told her to take him to the Emergency Room. Apon arriving there she was questioned but could not give an answer to what had happened because we were not told at this point. They called the cops and CPS. She called me from the hospital 4 times and I tried calling back three times and each time I got the same answer. That they were not there an never had been. The third time I called I did not quit talking I told the person on the phone that they were lying to me and that I was not going to give them the respect of being quite so that they could continue to lie to me. She stated during the call that I should quit yelling at her and I responded by saying I am not yelling at you I just am not going to be quite so you can lie to me. And at the end of the conversation I said I was conning down there. They had the cops come to my house and the cops told me to quit calling. I went down to the hospital and they still told me my son was not there. During the emergency custody hearing the next day it was in the report that I called down there cursing and threatening which I never did. They started targeting me from the first call. My son was taken from us and an investigation is underway. I had pictures of his bruises that I took while he was at home. And as I laid there looking at them I realized that they were consistent with his car seat restraints so that is when I asked my sister about being in an accident an she told me about slamming on the brakes. I told the detective that and have done a whole lot of talking to the detective because I thought that the detective was there to fin the truth. The detective tolde there was no way that it came from his car seat. They had my fiancée’s car seat at the hospital not my sisters and said that he would not get a lacerated liver just from her slamming on her brakes at 45 mph. But there was no bruises on his chest or shoulders not even a red mark and being that there was a big bruise on his back it is obvious that my sister did not have his top restraints on him. That is why he had the bruise on his back because the buckle that buckles across his chest was begin him not in front of him. I told the detectives that. They still say that he would not have sustained the injury of a lacerated liver from that. But he was in no other incident and nobody beat him. They said the dr’s stated that his injuries did not happen in the time frame that my sister had him. But he was fine when she picked him up. I have her on record stating that the bruises were not there earlier that day at her house so how did they just show up before she dropped him off if it did not happen with her. They still have not grabbed her car seat and are stating that the bruises are older than what my sister says according to the dr’s. The hospital was the first place to target me and I think they are backing the detective up on her fabricated story because they have sympathy for my son and are prejudice against potential abusive parents. I am afraid since it has been almost two weeks that it is to late for a second opinion. I have my sister stating that he was not hurt when she picked him up but her and my fiancée noticed the bruise on his back when she dropped him off before she even left my house. That in itself should prove that my fiancée and I are innocent. But CPS still has not gave us out child back and the detectives are doing everything they can to prove that it is not from the car seat when I know that it is. They even have Dr’s testimony stating that the bruises are older than they are. I am afraid that I will never get my baby back and that they are going to lock me or his mommy up for something we never did. They will not take the evidence and I thinku sister is happy about it because she did not have a license which she has been watching him for a year and never told me about. Can you please help me. I have recordings text and pics everything proving my innocents but I do not know that it will matter if they get a professionals opinion stating that it happened before that day when I know it didn’t.

• admin says:

I apologize for the delay in responding. Computers have minds of their own! Please call the office if there is something we can help with since you posted end of August. Our number is 419-865-0513

41. susana says:

HELLo my bf is in jail now they accused him of raping a litle 9 year old…i was always with him and we never left him with her…i believe he is innocent i still hopin he is he loves kids and would love to have kids hes very protective i really dont understand why a Mother that gives weed to her child and uses innapropiate language with boys she brings home says her daughter was raped by him doesnt make any sense she is not a good mother is there anything we can prove aggaints her? we also have a voice mail she saying he kissed 2 boys and her daugther and another 10 year old theb she pass me her husband and he says sm else????? R they lyng we r in arkanzas any numbers or office we csn talk to?

Dear Susana,
      Does your boyfriend have a lawyer? If not, you can call here (419) 865-0513 for a referral. Keep any/all evidence to share with the lawyer. Don’t lose sight of the problem, the mother can be terrible and your boyfriend could have still molested. You have to set out to prove how and why she is doing this.

42. Adrian says:

My boyfriend may be facing 3-4 years for sexual charges such as sex abuse 2, sodomy 2 and other things against a girl under 14. At this point it is all hearsay and though I am not happy to know that he was infact looking for a girl to spite me with- He claims that he was not aware of her age due to her style of dress and talents in makeup but there is no physical evidence against him. I am not pleased with his actions, but I know that he is not interested in little girls and has trouble identifying physical components of age. He has a child with another woman and my biggest concern is that he will never get to see her again and she is only two. Please let me know if you can help. I am in Central Oregon.

Dear Adrian,
      Feel free to call the office to discuss the situation. Your concerns about his 2 year old are valid.

43. samatha says:

My soon to be hubsand is been accused by his necies of sexual abuses. This is a long story is there any one I can call and talk to about that cn maybe give me some advise I know he did not do this.

Dear Samantha,
      Call the office at 419-865-0513 and we will discuss the situation.

44. Michelle says:

I’m in need of a lot of help for a friend who was wrongly convicted in 2002’ish.. The facts of this case were one allegation from a 10 year old girl who accused her mothers new husband of this crime. No DNA, no prior convictions and a law abiding young man. This 10 year old child had previously accused, then withdrew, two other allegations against two other men. Both were the mothers boyfriends. However this 3rd allegation the police took seriously. As in, ‘why would this child lie’ I suppose. The mother stood by him until she was basically threatened by the prosecutors stating if she kept defending him, they would take her children away. The mother supported him until he was convicted and sentenced to 46 years. I feel as my friendship grows closer to this person that I must try to do something. Knowing a wrongly convicted person is sitting in jail is something I have a hard time looking they other way on. I don’t know where to begin or who to speak with. But my prayer would be that there are people out there, with fresh eyes who would like to look at old convictions for people in situations like this. To have your entire life taken away, based on an allegation is quite sickening to my stomach. Although I know these things happen, it still doesn’t lessen the pain.

Dear Michelle,
      It is important to know where the case stands regarding appeals. Call the office for more specifics.

45. Cindy says:

My name is Cindy My now 23 year old son was shot in October of 2013. My step daughter and her mother were brought in for questioning due to facebook posts. While being questioned My then 16 year old stepdaughter accused my son of molesting her when she was 9 years old. The detective on the shooting case decided and even told my son that he was shot because he was a monster and so his shooting would be “put on a back burner” while he investigated this alleged molestation. February 2014 my son was indicted on 4 counts of molestation and 2 counts of beastiality. The dates that the accuser claimed were summer of 2006- DEC 31 2006 into January 1, 2007. I provided proof that my son was enrolled in and attending school in another state over 1,500 miles away. I also provided evidence that one of the family dogs the accuser claimed was used to lick her private parts was 2 years of age in November 2010, and also not owned by the family as the accuser claimed. This provided by the county rabies control board. I also provided further evidence that the home where the accuser alleges the molestation took place was not purchased until January 12, 2007. The prosecution was ordered to remand this case back to the grand jury in May of 2014 where my son was re-indicted due to the prosecution changing the dates to summer of 2007 through Jan. 1, 2008 no mention was made of the fact that the dog did not exist in this time frame, no mention was made of the fact that my son attended school in another state no mention was made that there was a prior indictment and that it was a remand. No mention was made that the accuser claimed in her written statement that she was 9 years old and the molestation took place in 2006-2007. The prosecution did not tell the grand jury that my son was currently being held on no bond from the prior indictment, where he was indicted on the 2006-2007 dates. He is currently on his 7th month in jail he is still being held on the prior indictment’s no bond hearing {that indictment was dropped} His next court date isn’t even until November 17, 2014 2 and a half months after his last hearing!

Dear Cindy,
      Sadly I have heard this repeated. Citizens tell the truth and show the allegation is false and instead of going after the false accuser they use the information to prove innocence and just move the dates. Give us a call and I might be able to make a few suggestions for your son’s lawyer regarding this. Our number is 419-865-0513.

46. Teresa says:

My Daughter’s 4 children were taken away from her in Feb/2014 she has been trying to get them back . Recently she had a hearing on 9/2/2014 and 9/3/2014 for two of the children. A few days before the hearing she got a letter from the courts saying the hearings were for 9/23/2014 and 9/24/2014 and she thought that the first hearings were continued . so she did not go to the first hearings thinking they were canceled . On 9/5/2014 she got a letter in the mail saying she missed the hearing and that her parental rights were terminated . Her court appointed lawyer did not try to contact her not did CSB . My Daughter is so distraught she wants her babies back . she don’t know where to turn because she dont feel her court appointed lawyer is doing what he needs to do to defend her . ( isn’t that what a lawyer is for for her defense) My Daughter lives in Wayne County Ohio . please can you refer a good lawyer to help get my Grand Babies back home where they can truly be loved by their family.

Dear Teresa,
      Call the office (419) 865-0513 and we will make a recommendation of a private lawyer.

47. Lura says:

I need help and have no where to turn, my 27 year old sister is being falsely accused of child molestation and criminal charges have been filed against her in the state of Washington, no one in my family has the money to pay for an attorney and they have already taken my sisters 6 month old baby from her. This all stemmed from her boyfriends ex wife deciding she wanted him back and started filing false claims on my sister and a Cps agent who decided to make the charge stick. Please help my family, I live all the way in Texas and feel so helpless.

Dear Lura,
      It is most difficult when families do not have the money to fight these allegations. I know most people are afraid of public defenders but there are very good ones in Washington. The public defender can call us if he/she has any questions that we might be able to answer.

48. vee says:

I have a good friend who is trying to get custody of his son from a former girlfriend. A few months ago the girlfriends 14 y/o daughter accussed him of molestation when she was around 9. He does not know the charges yet. He did retain lawyers and the prosecution is bringing it to grand jury. His lawyers advised that he will probably get indicated by the jury, found guilty and be sent to jail. All this without evidence. Defense does not have evidence to prove he is innocent and prosecution does not have evidence to prove guilt. This is all based on a verbal accusation that supposedly happened 5 years ago. Lawyers have advised him this is tough to win since she was a child and is coming forth now. This is all based on the mothers coercion. I understand you do not give legal advise but can you offer strategies, support groups, etc. He is depressed and has contemplated taking his life since he sees no way out. I have known him for 30 years, would and have trusted my kids to be alone with him. He has a total of 4 kids and his 3 kids from his ex wife choose to live with him….that has been from when they were very young up to today in their mid teens. He is not that type of man. If he was he would not have been a part of my life for the past 30 years. You thoughts and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Vee,
      You might want to consider another lawyer. These cases can be fought and won but it sounds like your current lawyer doesn’t know how to do that. The question is if he is willing to learn or is he just taking money to promote a plea. I have worked on these cases as a trial strategist for almost 3 decades. Tell your good friend not to give up and to call me.

49. goldie says:

My brother is being accused of messing with our niece when supposedly she was 8 she is 13 now and she has been having sex for a while with a 15 yr old boy I was told he shouldn’t have talked to the police with out a lawyer could u tell me who I should talk to in Mt Pleasant Tx.

Dear Goldie,
      We do not make referrals over the internet. Give us a call 419-865-0513 and we will be happy to make a referral.

50. ray says:

I have been accused of touching my ex girlfriend 13 year old daughter. We also have an 18 month old daughter and I had physical custody over her. After we had an argument and I said we was just going to go by custody the accusations came out. I have a witness that was at my home on the night she says I touched her and my lawyer says he hopes that’s enough. She now has an ex parte on me and I haven’t seen my baby in 3 weeks. It’s been 3 weeks since I was turned in for the accusations and the police has tried once to get me to come in and make a statement but my lawyer says he is going to try and beat this without a statement from me at all. He even tells me at the ex parte court he doesn’t want me on the stand. Is this normal? I live in missouri and scared everyday a warrant will be issued for me and I’ll be arrested and face serious charges even possibly conviction for something I did not do!!! Please help I don’t know what to do

Dear Ray,
      If you are going to be accused, Missouri is not a bad place for it to happen. In Missouri pre-trial depositions can be done. I am sure your lawyer has told you not to talk to anyone without talking to him first. Give me a call and we can discuss a few possibilities.