The Falsely Accused and Attorneys who represent them

This site is dedicated to those who have been falsely accused of some type of child abuse and for the attorneys who represent them.

The National Innocence Project has exonerated, based upon DNA evidence, hundreds of persons who were convicted of atrocious crimes including capital murder and/or rape. A large number of those persons had confessed to crimes they did not commit. Considering that most cases of child abuse do not involve DNA evidence, one can only guess at the number of people in prison that are innocent. The fact that a person has been accused or charged and, possibly, convicted of the crime does not mean that they were guilty of the crime. There are many reasons for this phenomena that are touched upon in this site.

In the large percent of sexual abuse cases, there is no physical evidence or eyewitnesses. Medical exams are routinely “normal”. Yet, people are still convicted based upon a complainant and hearsay/vouching testimony by so-called “experts”. Especially disturbing are the cases where repeated, penile pentration was alleged, yet the medical exam was “normal” with what is considered an “intact” hymen.

In alleged Shaken Baby and other alleged physical abuse cases, there is seldom a search for an “equally competing hypothesis” for causation of any injuries. In most cases, the presumption is made that the injurie(s) were non-accidental and therefore must have been inflicted by someone. What is not commonly known is that in many of these cases, there is a gigantic dispute among medical experts as to whether a particular injury was accidental versus non-accidental or whether there is some non-abusive cause of the condition or injury.

The search for the truth regarding a child abuse allegation involves “The Law, the Science, the Myths, the Reality”. No one wants a guilty child abuser to go unpunished. On the other hand, there is a sentiment in the general public that it is “better to err on the side of safety” which translates into that “it is better to convict 10 innocent people to make sure we get the one guilty person”. That is, unless they are the person accused or a family member or friend.

Justice can be served when people educate themselves on the issues involved and let reason, rather than emotion, rule the day. We seek justice not only for real victims, but for those who have been ajudged a child abuser when they have not abused anyone.

This entry was posted in Blog, Homepage. Bookmark the permalink.

627 Responses to The Falsely Accused and Attorneys who represent them

1. Terri says:

Kim Hart, I was talking to Anita over “live chat”. We were disconnected.
    It was about my son who is severely disabled and was medically kidnapped by the state of Washington at a Gig Harbor Hospital. We wanted a second opinion and the next day the served us with a restraining order at my son’s hospital bed side. We have not been allowed to see him in 2 months. Our family has NEVER been separated in 23 years. We are his only care providers. Please help… we are so scared. We have a court date coming up on the 5th. We paid attorney $1000.00 and all we got is a continuous for the 5th and we have heard from him twice. Oh god, we need someone who cares to show up in court. Thank you so much for listening. Please email as soon as you can. Our family is quickly running out of time. Terri

Dear Terri,
      Give us a call and we can continue the converstation.

2. Bridget says:

I have a CPS case against me based on lies by my step sister 2 weeks after I let my daughter stay with her. CPS did NOT follow agency guidelines or laws regarding their investigation. I have not been allowed to argue my case because my last lawyer did not do his job. I now have another lawyer who says there is nothing I can do now except to do everything in my service plan and I MIGHT get my daughter back within a year. My daughter has not been in my care for 6 months now. I have never abused or neglected her but because my step sister has a personal vendetta against me for unknown reasons, I have only phone calls with my daughter WHEN my step sister will answer her phone. She constantly tells CPS lies about me and they also tell the judge their own lies. I was ordered to pay child support with the judge knowing full well I am unemployed and at the moment not able to get a job because of my circumstances. How can I get my case moved to a different state or can I take my case to the supreme court due to the biased nature in the county it is in. I have evidence of all my claims. If anyone can help me with info on this, please email me at louisianaracegirl at yahoo dot com. Thank you!

Dear Bridget,
      The question is why did they keep your child and what was agreed to in the craziness of the allegations. People often sign things without understanding what they are actually signing. Your lawyer is welcome to call us if there is something that we might be able to help with. By the way, I suspect you will need to get a job in order to prove stability. I only bring this up because a lot of people lose their jobs because of the CPS/Court demands. Then you get punished for being unemployed. Go figure!

3. db says:

My boyfriend just got put in jail today for being accused of child molestation by my daughter she is not currently living with me and my boyfriend when she made the allegation we are in Texas right now and my daughter is in Arkansas with my boyfriend mom…I feel like and he feel like that his mom made her say all the allegation in returns of she will get what she wants…I been interview by the detective of what happened and they say that my daughter said on the video that she been molested since she was 6yrs old when we are living in San Diego and when we lived in Arkansas and here in Amarillo. I don’t believe it and no way possible it happen because I’m always at home if I’m not around her she is always around her brother . Cps talk to my 2boys which her brother they even say it didn’t happen they always around her and that she always with me. She even mentioned in interview on video that I knew it and she told me about it which is not true.. I didn’t know anything and that it didn’t happen..the report and allegation is in Arkansas and me and my boyfriend here in Texas he is in jail in Texas.We can’t afford attorney the detective told him to admit everything and that they will help him to not serve longer time in jail or prison for this or maybe they can get him to a medical facility… we don’t even know how long he be sitting in jail to get in court for trial and how long he will be sentenced.. they keep saying they did DNA test and it have not come back yet.They pretty much trick him to admit and confess on something that didn’t happen and still get sentenced for a lot of years and not keep they’re promise that he will serve short time only..he really needs help to fight this I don’t think he realizing of what’s going on he is very scared and confused for this detective to get him confess of k lestation and promise him of helping him to serve less time he don’t need to be in jail because he is innocent my kids know he is innocent his brother know he is innocent..I can’t even get in contact with him and our kids because if I do cps will take my kids that’s what they told me that they will know and they will find out..my daughter knows the truth she know that she is being told what to say by myboyfriends mom..please help him please…

Dear DB,
      I believe you are saying your husband took a plea deal after beeing tricked into a confession and with the promise of less prison time. If that is the case, there is very little that can be done. Plea bargins are deals and you are saying you are willing to take whatever punishment is on the table. The only thing you might be able to do is contact the Innocense Project in which ever state he took the plea and see if they can help due to the DNA issues. You can see if any law clinic will help.

4. anonymous says:

Just was told today that my 4 year old niece told my sister that my husband made her touch him that happened 3 1/2 months ago I do not see how because she was always around me or my daughter. i think it is kinda weird because my niece was left with my mother’s boyfriend 2 nights ago and my husband and mothers boyfriend.do not get along. PLEASE HELP US

Dear Anonymous,
      Call us for the name of a lawyer. Please take the allegation seriously especially because you have children. Our number is 419-865-0513.

5. Robin says:

e is Robin Nicole. My kids was took from me on 12-10-2012 when the worker stated on the petition that the mother overdosed on mythamphetamine and was hospitalized. The petition was not gotten till 2:15 am on 12-11-2012. I was recessed at 11:30pm for northern hospital. EMS responded to my home around 7:30pm and I was took to the hospital for a allergic reaction. My medical records that night state server allergic reaction couse unknown. My kids was taking some were between 7:30 – 11:30pm before the petition was ever taken out. It says on the petition that father openly admitted him and the other was intravenously using mythamphetamine while the children was in there care. That’s what the worker used to file that I overdosed in the petition she did not get any medical information from the doctor’s that night or it wood have shown there was no overdose. At the same time when she filed the petition for my youngest son justin harvey Jr she stated in the area where it says mother and be low it says father name and relationships to child on the fathers she filled  Justin Sr relationship to child STEPFATHER. On Justin Jr birth certificate it says fathers names Justin Sr that’s how my baby boy is a j.r . And me and Justin Sr was married before Justin jr was ever born.4 months Before my baby’s was took from me my caseworker had me and my husbend take a class for child abuse and child neglect prevention program SCAN. The program was based out of Winston Salem N.C. They sent a woman out to are home to observe me my husbend and the children at home. In are paper work that the worker field out says that are case is to be closed once we compared the SCAN program. We completed the program the first of October. The woman that was coming to the home that worked for SCAN closed use out the program stating in the papers that was sent to the worker and I have a copy of that they was no risk of abuse or neglect in the home. The worker came back to the home and we all set down and signed the papers to close the case that we completed are care plan the cps worker her supervisor and another worker as the witness all signed the paper it was on a Friday that following Tuesday the case worker came back to the home and stated that a new report has came in and she had to do another investigate and never filled out any papers to reopen a 30 day investigation. My case was opened February 2012 and we had to feel out papers to do a 30 day inhome investigation . I have all the safety assessments that was filled out every time the worker came to the home and are inhome case plan. In the petition she stated that there has been a history or drug use in the home. In every safety assessment she checked NO on number 11 ”caretaker drug,or alcohol abuse effected her ability to care supervise or protect the children. My children was took from me over lies and hear say not by proven evidence But my attorney will not show the judge all the papers i have to show the cps worker assumed the facts that was presented to the magistrate when she took my baby’s. My cps worker was Whitney Gwyn from surry county child protective services in Dobson north carolina, the lady that came to my home that worked for SCAN in Winston Salem was Belinda W, the medical doctor that was on call the night of my reaction when my children was took was ER doctor Miller for Northern Hospital of surry county N.C. My children are in foster care in Davidson county im fighting like hell to get my baby’s back i come from a low class family but it was never said by the worker any time during my case being open that I was not capable of taking care of all 3 of my children. My case was open for 10 months by Whitney G. Surry County child protective services in Dobson north carolina are lieing to take kids from good parents like me. I see it every day how kids are being took from parents that wood lay down there life and fight life hell for there baby’s and how parents that care about the child gets to keep there’s. I am a mother of three beautiful amazing wonderful kids from 2008 to 2012 the night i they got took i never went a min with out my kids they was with me 24/7and the only time i was away from them i was having another baby and back home the next day. I don’t know if any one will help me to stop cps from hurting another family like they have me and my kids but i want stop fighting till it’s my last breath they can do a TPR termination of prenatal right but the day of the hearing i am going to have it appeal to Raleigh judicial superior court and if need be i will go publicly nation wide with every thing and all the evidence i have. I know my rights i learned all my rights and laws i might get a SSI check couse i have a learning disabled yea i use to couldn’t read or spell that good but when CPS took my baby’s and my court ordered attorney didn’t want to help me i made my self learn now i know all my rights and laws and how to fight CPS. Funny thing is my case worker at the time Whitney G didn’t and still don’t have any kids of her on so how can she tell me how to raise my children when she has never experienced being a full time mother to her own child every thing she knows she was told and read in a book. I 100% believe that a CPS worker that due not or has not ever raised a child should not be allowed to do any child abuse or neglect investigation on a family and the raising of another person’s child. But  I have all my papers to prove every word I have said it the truth and even more incriminating evidence agenst CPS and DSS and there lies since my attorney gave me every thing he has received from the DA, GAL, judge and DSS and therapist that is working with the children while in foster care but my own documents that i have collected. Thank you if you have any questions you can e-mail

Dear Robin,
      You might tell your story to the legislators in your state. Do not hold out hope but every now and then a friendly ear can be found who has the power to try to make changes.

6. sheila says:

I have a bf who’s kids have been taken away before for abuse and and he’s had them one year I told him that we can’t let the kids rough house or get hurt because cps is watching them and I found a picture of her with a black eye complete accident and other Ouches that occur playing with 2 other boys since I was there when a teacher noticed bruising I am being told that they are thinking about pressing charges against me! I am so against child abuse and it makes Me sick to think someone out there thinks I am capable of this. Could I mention that I will do anything the court want me to just to prove to them I am not abusive I just want my little family back I love those kids as if they were my own buy in that small town nobody knows me and could be racial since I am native american and he is white. This is a nightmare

Dear Sheila,
      Call our office to discuss possible issues in your case. Our number is 419-865-0513.

7. Janet says:

I am inquiring about information in regards to an alleged accusation of child abuse by Success Academy where my 5 yr old niece attends. My niece is not an abused child. Her mother and my nephew communicated with the school and picked up her school work while home sick. She was also taken to the doctors. I am very upset that Success Academy would even think in those areas. I would like to know request advice and assistance in this area as soon as possible. I look forward to speaking with someone on this matter.
    Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Dear Janet,
      I called the number but was unable to leave a message. Please feel free to call our office at 419-865-0513.
      The mandatory reporting laws are broad and fluid. For the most part, there is immunity for making the calls and no one cares about the hell the falsely accused family goes though. I believe the thought is to accuse 99 innocent to be sure be protect the one. It is a nice idea but the path of destruction is wide and long.

8. kalee says:

My boyfriend is being accused of rape of a child [his 9yr.old stepdaughter] he has been arested and when he was interigated he wasnt given the option to say he’s innosent although he did say it over and over the detective gave him two options both saying he did it !before the aligations she told him to give up his rights to his baby she was gonna go to any extent to make him give up his rights . He is innocent .they have a 19mo.old togeather his ex and him and when the baby was born she had all the grandparents removed for no reason .she dosnt allow no grandparentsin there lifes .she has resently tried to press charges on a 7yr.old for liking her 12yr.old she’s got probloms and tring to ruin his life he has 2 older boys 12 and 15 that need there daddy he’s not a predictor . His dad has give up and dieing he’s in ccu and his mother and i are tring to stay strong.help please contact me !!!

9. kalee cisson says:

My boyfriend is being accused of rape of a child [his 9yr.old stepdaughter] he has been arested and when he was interigated he wasnt given the option to say he’s innosent although he did say it over and over the detective gave him two options both saying he did it !before the aligations she told him to give up his rights to his baby she was gonna go to any extent to make him give up his rights . He is innocent .they have a 19mo.old togeather his ex and him and when the baby was born she had all the grandparents removed for no reason .she dosnt allow no grandparentsin there lifes .she has resently tried to press charges on a 7yr.old for liking her 12yr.old she’s got probloms and tring to ruin his life he has 2 older boys 12 and 15 that need there daddy he’s not a predictor . His dad has give up and dieing he’s in ccu and his mother and i are tring to stay strong.help please!!!

10. Lisa says:

My disabled (Bipolar) daughter was renting a house that over the course of a year fell into complete despair. She tried to get the landlord to make the needed repairs but they refused. In late February she took samples of water from the flooded basement to the health department. She also showed them pictures of mold, a fallen in ceiling, a hole in the bathroom floor etc. The health department contacted the landlord and informed them of the issues. They also told my daughter this same landlord was reported for this same house 2 years ago. My daughter, my two grand daughters 5, and 7 and my disabled grandson 9, all went and stayed in a hotel for a week and again later for a few days after staying with family members. February 20th my daughter contacted me that she was having extreme hallucinations, delusional thinking and had been to the hospital and was told she had stage 5 carbon monoxide poisoning. She said she was out of her head and that her and her boyfriend both had experienced seizures. I told her to take the kids and go straight to the hospital. So she did..nothing she said to the hospital personnel made any since..the children were never examined and the police and child protection were called and by early morning of the 20th the children were removed from my daughter. Her drug test revealed she was negative for every single drug, including spice/K2 but tested positive for marijuana. She was told later, in my presence, that the children were removed due to the conditions of the home, which they had never even seen. This was based solely on what SHE had told them while in her delusional state at the hospital days before. My daughter has self medicated with marijuana for years and had NEVER had this type of reaction. She told the hospital staff she believed she had been poisoned by her boyfriends future ex wife. This same women made questionable comments on facebook in regards to my daughter. It was later reported on the local news that authorities had discovered some marijuana in that area had been laced with RAT POISONING..My daughter’s medical/lab reports shows some serious issues. Her potassium level was so low that it alone could have caused her mental instability. She had all kinds of unexplained “odd” lab results as did her boyfriend. I thought she was dying, she experienced seizures, blood in her urine and stool, rapid heartbeat, high blood pressure and so on..this is ALL documented. She told the police that she had purchased the marijuana from a police officer’s son in Princeton, Indiana….It took 3 trips to the hospital and 2 weeks for her to begin to get better and to remember what had happened. AGAIN…I thought she was dying. The children were placed with their dad who has 7 kids in a 2 bedroom house, and he has 12 former felonies against him. On March 12th I was included in a phone conference with the Gibson County CPS. My daughter and her boyfriend were also presence. It took almost 5 hours to complete and my daughter became highly agitated towards the end of the meeting. That same day a court ordered was filed and a warrant was issued for her arrested for FELONY child Neglect. She was never picked up on the warrant until she returned back to the CPS office today, Friday March 20th. While in the welfare office the police arrived and arrested her. The Online police website have an older picture of her posted, her name is listed in her married name, which she has her maiden name back and has been divorced since last November and it states she has been charged with Felony neglect of a dependent and endangerment. My daughter is disabled, and she needs someone to represent her in this case. Something her does not add up. She never received a mental evaluation while at the hospital and some of this could have been due to her missing or improperly taking her meds. I am in Tennessee and I do not have the financial means at this time to pay for an attorney. During all of this she also received eviction papers because the gas company shut her gas off due to the furnace being in the basement and the basement was flooded with high water. The landlord stated this as her reason for eviction..one of the very things my daughter had reported to the health department against the landlord. There are 4 children total whose lives are directly effected by this situation. My daughter is up there, alone and desperately needs representation. I don’t even think they are giving her the proper medications for her bipolar and other physical and mental medical issues. She has been treated for mold exposure and carbon monoxide and was on medications to improve her breathing and to clear up her infections. PLEASE HELP HER…

Dear Lisa,
      Your daughter’s public defender or court appointed lawyer is more than welcome to call us at 419-865-0513.

• Daryl says:

I have been wrongfully accused of child abuse. I am an educator an have been teaching for 13 years without one single incident. Me and my ex wife got into an argument in February because my 8 year old didn’t want to go home. As we were talking the ex rolled the window up in my face. I slapped the window on the drivers side window out of frustration. My youngest emma was still outside the car. My oldest was in the car. I went around to put my youngest daughter in the car and my oldest told her to shut up. I told her not to talk to her like that. She then jumped out and told me she would punch me. Her story to dhr is I tried to grab her over the seat. I had a witness who saw the incident and told them no I didnt. My 8 year old has been interviewed 3 times and said I did. Dhr dent me a letter saying I put them in harm by slapping the window and found me guilty. I have 10 days to respond. They say they will report this to my school and state where I am licensed. This is such nonsense! I have never ever laid a hand on my children. Please help.

Dear Daryl,
          I hope you hired a lawyer to notify DHR that you intended to appeal their finding. As an educator a finding on the registry can cost you your job.

11. Kristi says:

I lost my kids to my abusive ex. His father is a retired cop in this town. The whole ordeal was biased. I remarried im2012. Me and my husband have 6kids. I had 3 he raises his daughter and son we have one together. My husband confronted my ex to stop harassing me. It was a relationship I tried to get out of many tea. His dad having been a cop would threaten to take my kids. I tried to call cops once when he shot at me in our kitchen but his mom grabbed the phone away and threatened me. Anyways after my husband confronted him, his dad then tried to intimidate me into leaving my husband. When I refused they filed allegations with cps. I make the girls cool, do dishes yada yada it’s called responsability. On my birthday my husband and I went out drinking and had an argument. I put him in jail. A cps worker called me at the hotel we was staying at and told me my husband would come after me to file an epo. I did stupidly because at his court hearing he stated he loved me would never hurts even suggested marriage counseling. I asked judge to drop epo she refused. The same judge that’s over my custody case. They kept him locked up 2 weeks which is unusual. When he got out we lived apart for 4 months no contact. The first month I stayed in a hotel owned by a family member. The judge gave my ex temp custody because we was at a hotel. Better than brass because our home belonged to my husbands family even though he told me to stay he would leave. I got my own place and my kids had nice rooms. Cps said since my he was 20 minutes from my husbands don’t give my kids back. Wth. I was tring to keep them on the same school district since warren county cps said I switched them 5x found to be false. I was then given supervised visits at my brothers. Cps them lied and said I was drinking against court orders. My brothers wife was in court with me and was mad because it was a lie. Cps had been ordered for months to do a home evaluation on my ex to no prevail then the judge got mad and said do it now. They returned to court and stated my ex should have custody. I told th repeatedly he was on drugs but they didn’t listen. I filed complaint with onbudman and the supervisor who did his home evaluation gave the case to an employee under her how convenient. I was working with cps from another county. My ex then failed several drug test for weed and mets and I had been colony doing all that wAs asked. My county cps said return kids to me. My exes dad the cop was in court to. Warren county then said my husband had a substantiated sex abuse charge from my county 13 years ago. The person who accused him of it had a mom on drugs with men in and out and eventually died of hep c.y husband had been married to the accusers sister. It was substantiated simply because she knew about sex. Well duh. She was mad at my husband for kicking her out because she was a bad influence on his kids which he now has full custody of. My county cps talked to his daughter after warren county brought this up. She says he’s never been out of the way when he was single several friends of hers stayed the night and still do. My county cps said he wAs talked to by state police when it was alleged they found no merit. The worker who substantiated it no longer there but they find no merit either. Then warren county took my worker off the case and put me with my exes worker. I them recorded my conversation with Her because after several failed drug tests my ex had custody I had supervised visits. I told her I revorded our talk and I was going to report her at which time she unsupervised my visits. They then gave my kids to my in laws the cop. I was distraught.i admitted myself for depression. The day of court a friend of my ex employed at the hospital looked up my records. My ex and his attorney told my lawyer (we know where she’s at and why, don’t ask how we know but we know our shot)my exes attorney then told the judge I was unstable and in the hospital. She took away my visitation. My attorney called me in the hospital and tolde what happen. Upon release I vontacted hospital, employee was fired I filed suit. The court gave my exes parents full custody. To this day if I don’t leave my husband which is what my ex wants I won’t get my kids back per cps own words.

• Kristi says:

Also my court appointed lawyer told me to sign aitting neglect. I said why I was never neglectful. She said the judge will make something up what kind of crap is that. The judge knows my exes dad because he was a cop there.my ex lives next door to his parents so he sees th when he wants. Cps closed case judge left my visitation up toy ex in laws.my attorney was no help and I even gave her the stipulations on paper of what I needed her to do up front. Soon after the hospital incident she withdrew as counsel. I turned the other attorney into the bar for disclosing illegally obtained patient info to the court

• Kristi says:

My ex still is raising his daughter 12 son 16 I have my son and our son together. If my kids was taken becUse of neglect or risk of sex abused not out of bias why do we have our other 4 kids.we now pay child support to my exes dad but he don’t have to and he didn’t ask for it until I served the lawsuit on my exes friend for snooping through my records. She lives on his parents property as well because she is the mother of my exes brothers kid who passed away. You would think loosing a child of their own would make someone think before taking someone else’s out of malice because I refuse to go back to their abusive son.

• Kristi says:

Do any of the ky lawyers do probono

Dear Kristi,
            I am glad you can at least file suit for the situation at the hospital. Show no mercy as none has been shown to you. With the age of your kids, if they don’t speak up you probably won’t get anywhere. Keep all your documents and when they are older, show them what happened. We do no have names of lawyers who work for free. You can call the state bar and see if anyone is listed as taking pro bono work. You could use the civil suit as possible payment to a lawyer, meaning if they do both cases they can get paid from the civil suit if successful.

12. Janelle says:

I need help! Its been 3 years and Ive been in this alone….my story is all of everyone’s on here from lies of cps to wrongfully imprisoned pleading under duress…doing whatever I was told to do yet my children are still nit with me…my oldest lives 8 1/2 hours away with a father she had ever known and hes nit complying with the order we signed im trying to take the necessary steps to get joint conservatory but I feel im not doing enough quick enough,im a felon now bc if this and appealed it but didnt have proper council im working trying to piece my life back together so my babies can return home I need some god good guidance, please if anyone can help in anyway!

Dear Janelle,
      Sadly you are in a situation where you appear to be at the mercy of the father. If CPS is involved still you will most likely be at their mercy. Try to talk to a good lawyer about your honest options in your current situation.

13. Moshimalee says:

I did not want to involve other people in my reasons why I was so desperate out of fear for my safety. I also had to take some responsibility to why I became homeless. The father of my five children was stealing from me to support his crack habit. One incident lead to me getting evicted after he stole my rent money. When I went to live with my mother, my brother who molested my son moved in. I asked DSS to put the children in foster care until I get get my own place. They told me it was nothing they could do since he had not been convicted. My church also called when I went to them for help. He eventually moved out and I found out my mother had taken the kids to his house. My entire family is in denial about this long history of incest and sexual abuse. That is when I called my DSS again and the said we are not a babysitting service where you can just drop The kids off. After that I posted the ad on Craigslist. That was in July, I have my own place now, completed all the requirements and they still will not release them. I feel they should return my children because I was not neglectful. I feel DSS is neglectful because they were aware of the situation and refused to let me give them temporary custody. The judge said he wants to see how long I can keep my place because of my history of being homeless. I have never had a history of being unable to maintain a home until their Dad stole my rent money. My public defender refuses to defend just keeps telling me DSS will give them back eventually,and if keep
    Fighting with them about my sons skin breaking out because he is living in a house with a dog they will give the kids up for adoption.

• Moshimalee says:

They also took my baby from the hospital at 3 weeks old because I was still living with my mother. They said it was an endangerous environment due to her history with CPS when we were kids and the fact That I told them my brother came and went as he pleased. I told them we could live with friend and they denied that request saying it was not stable housing because they both had HUD housing and It would be violating their lease. I also tested positive for marijuana but the substance abuse counselor testified it is very likely to be a false positive due to medication I was given in the hospital called Protonix. All test have been clear since then. I was admitted at 32 WEEKS because I was leaking amniotic fluid. I had an emergency c-section at 33weeks on 8/8/14. It makes no sense that they took Malachi for the same reason I put the ad on Craigslist and call it neglect. If anything they could have claimed the children are dependent since I had no where else to go. They would not even let me take him to a shelter like they suggested with my older five children. Now my oldest son was put on Medication for Adhd without my knowledge. Now every time I see him he looks sleepy and sad. My baby is seven months and does not know who I am. DSS is just upset that this made national headlines, even the Dr.Drew show interviewed me, and the public is upset that I asked for help before placing the ad. Now they are trying find anyway to prove I cam crazy. I was trying to break the cycle my family had created and the longer I lived with my mother I felt like I was turning into one of them. Brushing things under the and acting as if everything was normal. My son has always displayed the same behavior I had in school. He deserves to live his life to his full Potential. I will not Let his life be destroyed by suffering from the side effects of sexual abuse. The difference between us is he told me. I kept my sexual abuse by my uncle secret for 25 years. I just recently told my entire family before I got evicted and made police reports on him and my brother. The police claimed they could not locate them. When he moved in my moms house and My church made report. I told the investigator to please not come to my mothers house unless they could give us a place to live. That would only put me and my children at risk for retaliation. I told her I would contact her when I got my own place. I moved in March 6 and I am ready to go nation wide with my story. There. Are so many families out there in the same situation and Will continue to be out of fear. I want to show others family history does not mean a life sentence to the same behaviors. It is called breaking the cycle.

Dear Moshimalee,
        We applaud your efforts to try and save your family. Keep fighting! Your case is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with CPS. It is hard to understand what their real roll is!

14. Alice says:

I have custody of my 3 grandchildren bc my son was killed in a car accident 8 years ago, the mom left 2 years before that. After my 13 year old grandson told on his 11 year old sister for live chatting with a 16 year old boy, and I grounded her from the internet she told my daughter her brother had been sexually assaulting her for 3 years, 2 to 3 times. There was 5 children living in the home at that time from ages 5 to 14. And my husband and I and no one seen anything. And being my granddaughter was the only girl from a baby in her crib when my son moved back in with us so I could watch his kids while he worked I slept in her room, when she got older she wouldn’t sleep in her room alone, so I shared her room with her and every where I went she went with me, 4 years ago I got hit by a car and had to sleep on my mattress on the floor so I started sleeping in the living room about 2 years ago and she slept right at my head on the couch. Now after my 10 year old grandson told 4 diff, caseworkers no one was abusing him. Now they have him on tape stating that I beat him and the medical report shows my granddaughter is still a virgin yet she states her brother raped her over a 100Times. And cps refuses to talk to the 6 and 14 year olds to see if they seen anything. I truly don’t know where to turn anymore, I have told the cps worker that my oldest daughters two boys lived with us their whole life until Jan 20 2015. And cps refuses to talk to the kids doctor that has been their doctor their whole lives, as well refuses to talk to anyone that has been in my home a lot, and some even spent days at a Times in my home, the first question cps asked when they came to my house if we ever noticed our granddaughter lied about things when I said yes she asked how old was she when we knew she told her first lie I told her she was 5 and took a necklace the teacher had took off and left in a cup on her desk because it was catching on her top. CPS turned it around telling the judge I called my granddaughter a lair and that she’s been a lair her whole life and didn’t have one truthful bone in her body. I have showed cps pictures if my granddaughter at church outings all hugged up to boys, some of her kissing girls, yet they believe her and now have the 10 year old I beat him..

Dear Alice,
      When you have allegations like this your lawyer needs to aggressively defend you. I suspect you will need a mental health expert to address “memory” issues. It also sounds like there are a lot of mandatory reporters that might be able to help you!

15. Doirnek says:

My case is that my ex husband keep filling false allegation of abuse and neglect on me. Being in a relationship with him as involved domestic violence and I got out the relationship. I am and always been in compliance with the court for visitation and yet he keep pursuing financial gain identity theft defamation of character and false allegations. What can be done?

Dear Doirnek,
      I know you included your phone number in this post but we delete that kind of identifying information. These kinds of harrassing complaints become a problem because sometimes a worker will start to believe “where there is smoke there is fire”. You should talk to a lawyer to see if you have any legal remedies. Feel free to call our office 419-865-0513 for further ideas.

16. Ottum says:

My boyfriend is being accessed of rape by his 14 yr old half sister he just met over the summer dcfs came an talked to him at the time she said it was not true then like a month later she said he did then said he did now she says it happened 6 times there is no evidence an he has 4 wh saying it never happend dcfs picked it up again well she has to take she has a bad mental past has had to take many meds an has had to talk to a councler every day. Her mom put a op on my boyfriend is but the girl has tried to add him to Facebook 2 times now knowing she has that op . I have 3 kids him n I have been together for overt 2 years an he has helped me raise them dcfs told him that if he is found giluty that he can no longer watch kids by himself he would never do any thing like that the cipd said they could

Dear Ottum,
      Your boyfriend really needs a good lawyer. Hold on to the Facebook contacts as they may be very helpful. Print what you can and give it to his lawyer. Do not erase anything.

17. Naina says:

Hello. About a month ago, my 14 yrs old sister told me that my live in boyfriend for 4 years has been “bothering” her. Me and my boyfriend are staying with my mom, younger sister, older brother, his gf and 3 kids. Me, him, my mom, my sister and my niece all have been staying together for about 3 years and she claims he started bothering her about 6 months ago, totaling 4 incidents. She explained to me that he has been trying to get her attention to look at him while he touches himself, underneath his pants, but she just ignores him. She also mentioned that one incident where my boyfriend came in the room where she was sleeping and “TRIED” to touch her private parts, but she just moved his hands and he left. A night before me and my boyfriend had an argument so with this new news, I confronted my boyfriend in rage and he admitted some. More enraged I searched up a child abuse hotline to seek assistance. They took my info and told me they needed to speak first with my mom because she was a minor. My mom was out of state at the time attending her brothers funeral. That night I confronted my bf, I told him to leave so he left. 2 days later he came back to get some clothes and he apologized to me and my sister and my sister forgave him and agreed that he could come back, so he did. A day later my mom came home and we decided not to let her know just yet. A day after she came back, a detective called her and was questioning her and told her what happened. My mom confronted me and I told her and she told me to tell my bf to leave. The detective suggested my mom seek help for my sister with a program he suggested that offers counseling and what not. My mom told my sister to seek help and she refuses to go or talk with anyone. She says she is over it and that we should all just move on. Thinking we all should forgive each other and move on, my bf visited and apologized to my mom and because of my sake, she forgave him, allowed him to move back in but agreeing to seek professional counseling or help and must be completed before summer. So he agreed and we all agreed to seek counseling too. While living normally for a couple of day, the detective showed up at our door and was asking my mom questions. She told him everything was ok already and didn’t need assistance from him but he insisted that because they are handling the case now, they have to proceed with the investigation and process of “protecting” my sister. They told my mom that she has to bring my sister in for her intake and my mom told them that my sister refuses to talk to anyone about this anymore and he insisted back that he can talk to her. My mom told him not to talk to my sister without her consent and told them to leave because she was not feeling well (she was awaken from sleep/rest due to a headache she was having).

How should we, as a family handle this situation? What is the process or procedures? Do we have to cooperate even if my sister refuses to cooperate? Do we talk to the detectives first or seek family council/attorney? Can’t we just drop the case? What could happen to him? What can they do to my sister even without my moms consent? Who can we talk to for more assistance here in Oregon? Can’t they just provide assistance to my sister and my bf without going through all of these?

Please help us, my bf is not a bad person. This is the first I’ve ever heard him do such thing. We are all wiling to give him another chance provided he seeks professional help.

By all means, I want to protect my sister and family but I don’t want to go against my bf too especially if he is innocent or he needs some psychiatric or emotional assistance?

Dear Naina,
      If your sister does not want to proceed she will need a lawyer as well as your mom and yourself. If she does not talk to them, she may be put in foster care or at least threatened with foster care. If she says something happened and then recants it, she could be threatened with perjury. Depending on your sister’s age and what is alleged he could spend the rest of his life in prison. Sentences in these kinds of cases can range from probation to life. Without knowing more I cannot answer that question. Your boyfriend should not talk to anyone until he has spoken to a lawyer.

18. Jessica says:

Ok this is the stupidest thing I have ever had happen to me but I feel it wasn’t right and I am hoping that you guys can help or point me in the right direction, so I will start from the top. I sent my kids on the bus this morning. Apparently my daughter had a bruise on the inside of her arm. Her teacher was concerned and sent her to the guidance counseler. When doing so they asked my daughter how she got it, my daughter said I don’t know, she then asked my daughter if it hurt she said no. No one called me to let me know of the concern. My daughter told me when she got off the bus. I called the school and asked what was going on and they explained what they talked about today. I got off the phone and we went and did our running around, we continued to question my daughter about this bruise, she told us the same thing I don’t know and no it doesn’t hurt. We got home about 15 minutes later and I decided to wash it off…. It was marker on the inside of her arm and on the outside chest area under the arm. When I called the school back to let them know not to worry they said the guidance counseler was on the phone so I was asked to leave a message. About 5 minutes after I got off the phone guess who shows up to my door CPS and a Sherriff! After our wonderful talk and them talking to both of my kids separately, and taking pictures of my house, food, and filling out paper work, they both said they had no concerns. I don’t think the school should be able to treat us like that. This is wrong in so many ways. We have never never had any CPS intervention, and I feel that us and the kids have been treated unfair and all over a big washable marker spot that looked like a fake bruise. I don’t think we should have to live with this at all. Please help.

Dear Jessica,
      This is the state of the law in all 50 states. It is the mandatory reporting laws. Mandatory reporters such as teachers, counselors, therapists, dentists, day care providers, law enforcement, etc. are all required to report the mere suspicion of child abuse and receive immunity for reporting it. If there is a suspicion and it is not reported that same individual could face criminal and civil exposure. Therefore, overreacting is protected, commonsense and reason could cause you to be sued or face jail time. Sadly the legislators know of these problems but will not fix them because they do not want to be soft on child abuse. You will find the federal mandate if you search Child Abuse Protection & Treatment Act. You will find in the initial act that one of our current presidential candidates has her name involved in it. I do not understand the logic of giving a governmental agency (with the power to destroy families who promises immunity and anonymity thereby creating a breeding ground for false allegations) absolute immunity. One would think that any agency with that kind of power would be accountable for what it does and what it fails to do!

19. Jaquita says:

Hello! My husband was falsely accused of Child Molestation by his ex-wife. He has custody of all three of his children. He won both temporary custody hearings and the final permanent custody hearing. They were heard in front of three different judges and all three judges found her to be an unfit parent and uncompetent. She has been doing vindictive and evil things since July 2012 to get these kids back by all means necessary including making false reports and false accusations. She has violated the court order since it has been put in place and every time the police has been called in they always say its a civil matter and to take it up in court, allowing her to continue to violate and interfere with the order. This is her 3rd accusation against us and now she has took it to very extreme measures. The first accusation was made against me back in June 2014 when I was 6 months pregnant with my daughter stating that I beat my six-year-old autistic stepson. On December 2014 another accusation was made against my husband stating the same thing. On March 8th 2015 my husband and my I went to go pick the children up from their weekend visit with their mother. When we arrived her vehicle was not there and 30 minutes later we received a phone call from a detective stating to leave the two boys there and to come down to the police station. Automatically we knew something was wrong and it had to do with his 3 year old daughter. I stated it to my husband on the way to the police station that any amount of money I bet his ex wife said that his daughter was sexually touched in some sort of way and when we got there to the police station that is exactly what it was. His ex wife used her weekend visit to coach the three year old into saying “my daddy licked my Nini (vagina area) and turn me over and lick my bottom” also showing her how to explain what this means. His ex-wife weekend visit with the children started on Friday @6pm and she waited until Sunday 1pm (4 hrs before they were due back from visit) to contact the police to make this complaint. We were at the police station and the detective explained to us what was going on she had my husband write a statement and in that statement he volunteered to take a lie detector test. Immediately after writing the statement we called our family attorney, whom which could not help us because it had turned into a criminal matter in which she was not a criminal attorney only a family attorney. The only thing she could do is assign a doctor to see his 3 year old daughter which we never got to do. The detective stated she did a psycho sexual on his three-year-old daughter and not only did she state her daddy licked her Nini but her two younger brothers and her older brother as well. The detective stated by the end of the interview with his 3 year old daughter she was able to rule out anyone touching her Nini. The detective stated to my husband that she believed him and did not believe his ex wife because she had too many loopholes in her story because she was focused on custody issues versus the issue apparently at hand (the accusation). By the end of the night (midnight) the CPS worker still had not gotten to the police station to interview my husband or his 3 year old daughter so they told us to go home and the CPS worker will come to the house. Well no CPS worker ever showed up. But the worker that was on call that night went to his ex-wife house to interview his 3 year old daughter. My husband called for days trying to find out who was the case assigned to and when will they be out to conduct his interview and home evaluation. Also if we could get the children. They kept telling him no one was signed as of yet but someone has 24 to 48 hrs to respond. Also telling us the children had to stay with their mother although no arrest wad made. March 18th my husband went in to take his stress analysis test. On March 24th they told him to come in and told him that he did not pass the stress analysis test and arrested him. Unfortunately, because of his stress levels due to the accusations he failed and she passed. Her passing the lie detector test is not surprising because she is a pathological liar and more than likely looked up something on how to pass a lie detector test and took something to slow her heart rate down I seen it on the movie Ocean’s 11. He had his preliminary hearing on April 2nd and the prosecution stated the evidence and all they had was the coached accusation from his three year old daughter, the stress analysis test and medical exam which came back a normal exam. My husband was arrested with no bond and at the preliminary hearing the magistrate Judge denied him bond. At this moment he has no court date and the court appointed lawyer has filed a bond hearing with Superior Court. And finally today 32 days later a CPS worker finally came out to interview everyone in the home and do a home assessment. I was happy that she was able to finally see that in the girls room where my 8month daughter and his 3 year old daughter stay they have baby monitors and baby cameras in their room. thank God I have kept documentation on her since July 2012 every time she did something vindictive, crazy and unordinary. Within 3 weeks of this happening she has put a safety plan in place at the children schools, the 3 year old and 4 year old have not been to school in a whole month, she has switched over the six year olds Social Security benefits to herself, applied for government benifits and has also served my husband in jail with custody and child support papers. Please help I don’t know what else to do! The detective does not believe me in reference to her history of vendetta against my husband and how this is all custody and financial gain for her.

Dear Jaquita,
      This is such a familiar story to us. I am sorry your husband fell for the stress analysis. Stress analysis and polygraphs are used to elicit confessions not for seeking truth. Polygraphs are intrupreted by the readers of of course if they wanted the ex to pass she will. In my opinion there are very few honest polygraph examiners and I would never under any circumstances agree to one or the stress analysis without first consulting a lawyer regardless of my innocence or the promise of charges being dismissed. Again, like I have told others, write out the story and provide names addresses and phone numbers for your husband’s lawyer and of course you can call here for possibly more case specific suggestions.

20. malaine says:

I have a son who has been incarcerated since 09/06/2012 for rape.
    My son allowed my grandson to move in with him who has had multiple girlfriends. on the night of june of 2012 my grandson left the apartment with another girl ,while my grandson was gone the girlfriend at the house went into the bedroom with my son. on September 6,2012 my grandson took the girlfriend to the police and had my son arrested for rape and he has been locked ever since. At the time my son was sent to Stockton he was in the care of his sister, who I didn’t know my daughter was doing things with her own children at the time my son was sent under her care as he had some mental problems at the age of 14 or 15.of arrest my grandson mentioned that my son also molested his brother and sister while they were age6,4,2. I sent my son to Stockton ca in 1998. there was so much incest in my daughters home they all were involved with sex acts.my daughter who my son lived with was arrested and sent to prison on two(2) separate occasions. my

Dear Malaine,
      What a mess. Make sure you write up everything you know and share it with your son’s lawyer.

21. Marisa says:

I would like to know how to get DCFC “indications” expunged. I used to be a qualified attorney in Illinois, but lived abroad a long time. My client is not a registered sex offender in Illinois, but was accused falsely by someone who was not even a mandated reporter — someone who did not even know him nor his child. I saw the DCFS tapes of interviews with the child “victim” and (as a mother and teacher and lawyer) I am very sure that this child was not harmed as alleged by his accusers. I also know this child, and have watched father and daughter together. I know that allegations made were based on fear and not on facts. How does one clear a record (ten years after the “incident”)?
    How does one clear a bad record with DCFS? This case has cost someone hundreds of thousands of dollars, and still haunts him.

Dear Marisa,
      To our knowledge there is no way to get off the registry once the appeal timeframe has lapsed. You can check the administrative appeal process for DCFS but I suspect the time has long pasted. Depending on the circumstances of the case and if he wants to throw more money at it, there might be some creative ways to go at it. I would suggest that he have no expectations of being successful but if he wants to try you can call our office and I will try to give some suggestions that might be out of the box!

22. Chris San Diego says:

I am an adoptive father of three children ages 10,11 and 13. One boy and two girls. On 2/27/15 my oldest daughter, who turned thirteen 3/2/15, accused me of forced oral copulation, vaginal intercourse, anal digital penetration and physical abuse. She told a school friend and counselor who then called CPS and SDPD. She was taken to a specialist who performed a physical and forensic exam. The physical was found to be “normal” and there are inconsistencies in the report taken by CPS and SDPD at the exam. My other two children claimed no sexual or physical abuse. After being in a CPS detention center my 11 yr old daughter is claiming physical abuse and being witness to physical abuse of 13yr old sister. There is much more to the story than the investigators are willing to look at. SDPD has filed no charges yet. Please help. Thank you.

Dear Chris,
      Find a VERY GOOD CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER ASAP. Remember you have the constitutional right to be quiet. You might want to exercise that right until you have consulted with a lawyer. These are very serious allegations and just because there is no physical evidence and there are inconsistencies does not mean you will not be charged and possibly convicted. Please contact a criminal defense lawyer or our office for a referral right away.

23. Sarah says:

My soon to be husband got pondulie evidence on him by CP’s they told it to court case was drop.he got no charges.but CP’s won’t let me have my kids due to the hotline that he didn’t do now there another hotline made about same thing but they said it for 2007. But it didn’t happen it his ex wife brother child with the hotline but not even his ex wife believe he did it wat can I do to get my kids please I begging for any advice

Dear Sarah,
      Sadly if CPS believes your soon to be husband is an abuser and you want to stay with him, CPS sees that as your “failure to protect” your kids by letting him around them. It is a terrible situation. Most of the time the mother has to choose kids or man. You might ask CPS if you break of the engagement and have nothing to do with him, will they give you your kids back. It is hard to trust what CPS say but maybe you can get a feel for them.

24. kimberly says:

My son at the age of 15 was accused by his stepsisther,of touching her after he was questioned and arrested DHR put him back in the custody of the Father and stepmother saying that the stepmother agreed that they would not have any contact with one another!!My son was sent to a juvenile home for a year I received custody after the state find that the stepmother tried to have my son committed to a state facility,to keep me from having custody,I was told by several people that my son was victimized by the stepmother even after my son was accused arrested and charged he was still repeatedly left alone with said victim,2012 my sister’s niece accused my son of touching her my sister whom was sexually victimized at a young age shared this with her daughter it was very emotional after that my sister took her out and pampered her that day,I know my son did not do these things he is now incarcerated for missing a registration on His birthday!!!And is in violation of his probation!!Please help me help my son,He is my life my heart I just wAnt someone to fight for my son!!I do realize the system is set up to fail even the plea systems my son was given a 10yr/split served 2yrs in prison!He went in as a child!!!Please help me get justice for my son!!!!My niece accused 3 other boys in our family of raping her!!That’s why I believe in my son’s innocence it has really divided my family because the parents of the ones she accused are scared to come forward because of what happened to my son!Being labeled a sex offender is very cruel!!!#faithwalker

Dear Kimberly,
      Call the office and talk to us. You do not provide enough infomation such as was he convicted by trial or did he talk a plea. Our number is 419-865-0513.

25. Cynthia says:

We were falsely accused of “SBS” or “Abusive Head Trauma” this time last year and our son was taken from us for over 5 months. We were deemed “child abusers” from the moment the child advocacy doctor walked in to assess our son and found out he had retinal hemorrhaging. Although there was still testing to be done, detectives an cps were immediately contacted and took our son away. As you may know, it only got harder after that. Although were were able to “prove our innocence” rather, present an alternative diagnosis through medical expert testimony, is there any way justice can be served against CPS or the accusing doctors for not thoroughly assessing before accusing and for the hardship they put our family through for those long lonely months? It just isn’t right that they can take everything from you and turn around and say oops. I was told if I simply confessed a lie (they told me to say my husband did something), that they would give the baby back to me in an instant. Our lawyer said he would look into a law suit, but it has been almost a year since the case was “closed”, however us as a family will never have closure for those precious moments lost with our newborn son.

Dear Cynthia,
      There are strict limits for filing suits and very difficulties with immunity against those who have done this. The statute of limitations is longer if the suit can be filed on behalf of your child. The ultimate question is whether or not a doctor acted below the “standard of care” and that is a very difficult burden. You would have to have a doctor willing to testify to that. As far as CPS they probably will not be able to be sued because they were “acting in good faith” based off of the referral from the physician. You can call our office to discuss it further if you like. Our number is 419-865-0513.

26. Briana says:

Here goes…my son was falsely accused of sexually abusing an eight year old girl in my daycare. She accused him of molesting the other two older children in my daycare and social services interviewed everyone three and older and found that to be false. Both her and her mother changed their stories from speaking to me one day to speaking with social services the next. Mind you my son has never been alone with her especially in the location that she said that it happened. She left my daycare at the age of 4 and returned three years later. When she left my daycare she was not acting out in sexually inappropriate ways but when she came back she was talking and drawing pictures of sexual images. Her father, who has never worked despite nothing being wrong with him for whole time that I’ve known them, was the caregiver of her and her sister during the time that they were not with me. I brought it to the attention of her mother but low and and behold less than a year later she was accusing my son. I should also add that the only child not interviewed was her 3 year old sister and the parents did not want her interviewed.We paid $9000 for an attorney just to have him secure my son a plea deal. The deal was that he plea to a gross misdemeanor indecent exposure and in return the judge would not adjudicate him and we would have him go through sex offender therapy for six months and at the end all charges would be dropped. I was very reluctant because I knew she was lying but his lawyer made it sound like the deal was so good that it just outweighed the risk of going to trial. After we took the deal my son took a psycho-sexual evaluation and he was found to be fine but the evaluator gets full knowledge of what the accusations are and in the evaluation she made it pretty clear that she thought my son was lying. A month later we had another court date where we found out that our lawyer had the results of the evaluation for almost two weeks and that a stipulation of the therapy was a polygraph. We had no knowledge of polygraphs and had to decide right there. My son was in therapy once a week for two hours before he took the test. In these sessions he was always accused of lying only based on the therapist’s knowledge of the accusations. We as his parents were very leery of him taking it after doing a lot of research into polygraphs. We could only use the clinics polygrapher, we couldn’t be in there, he couldn’t have a lawyer. He’s all alone with an experienced interrogator but to my sons credit he did not allow the interrogator to talk him into making any more false confession. But here is the scary part, in the program if the polygrapher fails you then you have to make an admission or get kicked out and taken away from your parents and sent somewhere called The Village. No matter what though, now he is going to be put on the SOR for ten years, he’s now going to be adjudicated, and put on probation until he is 19. The only reason we took the deal was because we thought that the deal was the deal but it turned out that it was never true. We’ve spent all of our money, we have no lawyer for our son. He hasn’t technically been adjudicated or sentenced and we don’t know if we should take back the plea, if that’s even and option. We made stupid decisions based on our fear for our son, our ignorance on this subject and our faith in the knowledge of an incompetent lawyer. In his defense I don’t think he realized he was incompetent in this matter. Please help a boy with stupid parents

Dear Briana,
      You are not stupid parents. You did what you thought was best with the information you were being provided. Call our office and lets talk about this just a little more and then I will try to make some suggestions and referrals that might help. Our number is 419-865-0513.

27. J says:

I need help. 2 years ago my son was born, my two step sons wanted to know more about how babies are made and so I asked permission to have the talk. I showed pictures of human anotomy and statues, and while explaining the birds and bees told them that they should repect women and that no ment just that. A month later, while I though everyone was asleep I was having a private moment to myself when my youngest step son walked in. I composed myself and turned off the computer monitor and talked again about the birds and bees and admitted to watching X rated material to him, telling him what it showed and that he should not watch it.

Flash forward to today, my step son was caught trying to watch x rated material on my roku without success. I told him to quit. When I found out about it again I made the decision to inform his biological father that he does not need to be trying to watch it. He tells his father that I showed it to him before. Father files an offical police report. I need help.

Dear J,
      You should consult a criminal defense lawyer who has experience in these types of cases. You could possibly have a very difficult road again if charges were to be filed.

28. emily says:

My children got taken away do to them thinking my paramour broke my at the time 6 month old daughters arm he is also being convicted even though there are other non byist radiologist who say different and his story adds up 100%

Dear Emily,
      Your lawyer should have an independant radiologist look at the films to see if there is any evidence that can be helpful.

• debra says:

I need help my daughter found a letter that her man wrote and it was about him haveing ex wid a teen 16 or 17 years and she thought it said her daughters name and my daughter has been raped and tuched as a young child. her daughter is 2and1/2 years old and she fliped and started yelling at him and would not let him get a word in he got mad and tore it up and her daughter has never been touched. he loves his daughter they have been togather for 5years he has never been left alone with her but come to find out he was just writing a story and come to find out since my daughter did not give him the chance to explain. it was not even her daughter he was writing about a 16 or 17 year old that lives around the corner with almost the same name as her daughter. well not knowing it was about this teen girl she told her therapist the therapist called her dcf worker the dcf worker called last monday my daughter put a restraining order on her man on tuesday. Wednesday morning she went to court the judge ask my daughter how long would you want to have this put on him my daughter was going to say 6months the judge said it sounds like you were going to say 6mos but im makeing it a full year. and my problem is why ask how long does my daughter want it for if the judge is only going to say her own date and my daughter said he is in the hospital receiving help. that thursday or friday her dcf worker calls up and says he can’t come back for a year how we know if he wont touch her when she gets older we are like he wrote it on a paper he did not do nothing to her he even said it him self. He didnt touch his daughter.he does love or look at his daughter like that. If you were to see his daughter and him you would know just watching them he didn’t. She love her daddy and misses him and asks for him.

Dear Debra,
          Your daughter should talk to a lawyer about removing the protective order. The risk in doing that is that your grandchild could be removed from her mother for failure to protect. Your daughter needs to talk to a lawyer that REALLY understands the box she is in.

29. C.B. says:

My best friend has been falsely accused of a long list of things. Abuse, neglect, etc..We know the mother of her now ex-boyfriend (they never married and he just dumped her a week ago) She was afraid to break up with him since her baby was born (she is almost 2 years now) because he has been threatening to take the child away if she did. Well, fast forward to last week. Exactly 3 days after the break up, my friend J woke up to a visit from DFCS. The accuser claimed the child has a huge rash on her buttocks, so the case worker had to see her right away. They met together, she saw that there was no rash, and then went over a looong list of accusations. We know it was R (the boyfriend’s) Mother because she had the audacity to say something along the lines of “mother doesn’t listen to grandmother’s advice” and “when i watch her on monday’s and tuesdays…blah blah”. Anyway, she gave herself away! HOWEVER, she is lying to J and R saying she had nothing to do with it and harassing poor J via text message. My best friend really doesn’t know what to do. She received another cruel text from the grandmother this morning telling her she’s been summoned to court because of all of this. This woman, who claims she had nothing to do with any of this, is now being summoned to court because of it??? She HAS to be lying about all of this, but from everything I’ve read, there is nothing J can do. She has been visited by the case worker again and has more proof that J takes great care of her home and her child. She is only 25 years old, is a nurse, owns her own home and car, while the boyfriend is an exterminator with waged garnishes and no transportation at all. I think my friend should get a restraining order against the grandmother. This wacky woman is doing everything she can to get under J’s skin. I don’t THINK she has spoken to a lawyer yet about all of this. She is super confused, and I am doing the best I can, as her friend, to help ease her pain! Any advice would help.

Dear C.B.,
      By all means, tell your friend to keep the text messages and don’t engage. A protective order is a great idea but it will not stop false claims. Your friend might want to contact a lawyer to see if she has enough to file charges for making false claims (this is very hard to do) or maybe there is enough to file suit against her. Remember however, when you attack crazy, the crazy get crazier! Is the mother the custodial parent? I would surely stop any contact with the grandmother if that is what the lawyer suggests and she might also want to talk to the lawyer about changing her address, phone, etc. and finding a way for visits to be exchanged with dad in a neurtral place. She might need 2 phones. One only to give to the dad and the other she uses for every day life. These are some extreme suggestions and your friend needs to seek the guidance of a lawyer who understands crazy!

30. L says:

Hello
    I am BEGGING you for your help.. can you please find someone in my area
    that is willing to fight for me, that will either take payment or pro bono…
    I am begging for your help and don’t know where to turn after my last court session I had …
    I was a work from home dad while my wife ran around .. I was married to a very selfish woman that abused my son..
    ( we have a son and daughter together) and she already had a selfish brat daughter and son from a previous marriage..
    To make it short..
    I tried to talk to her about a divorce several times being Civil .. the last time, she got made and left… .she come back the next day with the police, got me
    thrown out of the house for abuse and later got an OP on me..
    She has said I “Touched” her Now 20 year old daughter back like 10 years ago…. (Her Daughter was spoiled and
    we very much disliked each other”
    So they arrested me for touching her daughter which NEVER happened.. but realized all they need is for her to say I did and that is it..
    I have been fighting this for a year , the Assistant States Attorney is prosecuting the case and will not cut me a break trying to get me for Aggravated Sexual Assault.
    So far the ASA ‘s only deal is to plead guilty to a Misdemeanor and
    register as a sex offender … take it or leave it … and said if I want to fight in Trail, she will push for the Max Prison Time..

I have not done ANYTHING and tried to be a great father….
    I have never been in trouble EVER besides a speeding ticket in my life…
    I have run out of time and money, my parents put up everything they have to bond me out of jail and a lawyer. and my parents are 70 years old and I have been taking care of them also, my mom has cancer…
    So I cannot afford to go to jail, when they need care, but I want to fight, but finding the court system is VERY VERY unfair.

It is not right, I have honestly done nothing wrong and this states Attorney is for some reason after blood..

I am begging you for any type of help you can give me…. There has got to be someone willing to take my case on and help me.. Please… I have had my
    kids pulled away from me, My X has ruined my business, ruined my life and said straight to my face, I will never see my kids again and when I get you thrown in jail I will get everything.
    And so far they make all this stuff up and walk away laughing…

I am Praying you can ask around and find me someone that can help.. Please im begging ..
    False Allegations from heartless woman to hurt guys are So common with no penalties for lying at all..
    Illinois

Dear L,
      Sadly you are being put in a situation that is seen often. See if your lawyer is willing to call us. Maybe we can make some recommendations that might help. Our number is 419-865-0513.

31. need ur help says:

Hey my 16 almost 17year old daughter said my husband had sex with her while i was at work. Well now she want go talk to the investigators about this they said they don’t have a case without her so i go sing papers at the first of the week to cancel the case but the did say if the dna comes back that he did touch her then they will reopen the case can they make him stay away from my home and his 4 other kids until the dna comes back.

• admin says:

They cannot force him to stay away but they can tell you that if you let him in your home or around the kids, they will take them from you and put them in foster care. THIS IS NOT AN FALSE THREAT. You should talk to a lawyer about how to protect you, your kids and your husband!

32. Tim says:

My wife was accused of sexually molsation by our daughter in law. My wife was a good grandmother and that is all. She filed accusations with the police they came out and talked to my wife. We hired a attorney and once we did that we have not heard a word from anyone, not the police, proscuter or CPS and it’s been about one year. Our daughter in law has a history of causing problems. She finished college a years ago in to work in social services. She went after he brothers wife calling CPS which turned out to be false. She then with brother went after my other son accusing him of raping her brothers girl friend which also turned out to be false. Our attorney wants us to wait until or if charges are filed. We only have accusations now. The problem now this is tearing my wife apart. One day we our son and 4 grandchildren and the next day you have nothing. My son has sided with my daughter in law. I don’t know if I should be pushing for closure or just sitting back and waiting to see if charges are filed. Just look from some advise.

Dear Tim,
      Please remind your wife she cannot ever be a grandmother behind bars. I agree with the lawyer at least for now. There are ways your wife can deal with the grief she and you are faced with right now. Have her call the office and ask for me. I will be happy to give her some suggestions on dealing with this sad situation.
      Our number is 419-865-0513.

33. Theresa says:

We have custody of my 14 yr old nephew, who has recently been diagnosed with ODD and Conduct Disorder. We tried to get the state to help but they will not. We were planning on going to court to ask to have him removed and placed in a group home for help, but he does not want therapy or help. He has ran away to his older sisters and the are threatening my husband and I with child abuse claims if we do not sign him over. We believe they will make accusations no matter what. There has never been any physical abuse, what should we do?

Dear Theresa,
      Your fears are real. Do you have a recording or text of him threatening to bring false claims against you? If not try to secure that. After that, I would give him what he wants but do it through a lawyer and maybe have the lawyer take a statement from both the boy and his sister that they know of no abuse by you and that all of you are doing what is in his best interest. If you hire the lawyer, I will be happy to give suggestions on what I believe should be secured!

34. Melvin says:

my brother was sent to prison because of his daughter and xwife his wife was in the hospitale havening her baby me and my wife lived with him he my brother stayed at the hospitale with his wife havening the baby me and my wife stayed with the kids till his wife got out of the hospitale his doughter said that he messed with her me and my wife would knowed what a big lie he has done 30 years in prison she needs to tell the truth

Dear Melvin,
      Offer help to your brothers appeals lawyer. Write out what you remember about it all as memory does not get better as time goes on. Hopefully when your niece is an adult you will be able to ask her if what she said was true. If she is feeling guilt about falsely testifying, maybe she will recant. Family should not approach her though. Hire a private investigator to talk to her when she is at least 18 years old.

35. Maria says:

Right now my son is facing an accusation of compelling prostitution. The girl lied about her age, and resulted being a 16 years old. She is falsely accusing him of pimping her, my son has no previous criminal records and his only fault was having sexual relationship with her one time. How can I help my son to defend himself?

Dear Maria,
      In the eyes of the courts, ignorance is normally no excuse. However, there are a few circumstances where that can be raised. Your son needs a really good lawyer that can try to help him. As far as what you can do, first ask his lawyer if there is anything you can do. I would suggest you write a narrative that describes your son, including his faults. I would provide a list of possible witnesses with their addresses and phone numbers for the lawyer to consider.