The Falsely Accused and Attorneys who represent them

This site is dedicated to those who have been falsely accused of some type of child abuse and for the attorneys who represent them.

The National Innocence Project has exonerated, based upon DNA evidence, hundreds of persons who were convicted of atrocious crimes including capital murder and/or rape. A large number of those persons had confessed to crimes they did not commit. Considering that most cases of child abuse do not involve DNA evidence, one can only guess at the number of people in prison that are innocent. The fact that a person has been accused or charged and, possibly, convicted of the crime does not mean that they were guilty of the crime. There are many reasons for this phenomena that are touched upon in this site.

In the large percent of sexual abuse cases, there is no physical evidence or eyewitnesses. Medical exams are routinely “normal”. Yet, people are still convicted based upon a complainant and hearsay/vouching testimony by so-called “experts”. Especially disturbing are the cases where repeated, penile pentration was alleged, yet the medical exam was “normal” with what is considered an “intact” hymen.

In alleged Shaken Baby and other alleged physical abuse cases, there is seldom a search for an “equally competing hypothesis” for causation of any injuries. In most cases, the presumption is made that the injurie(s) were non-accidental and therefore must have been inflicted by someone. What is not commonly known is that in many of these cases, there is a gigantic dispute among medical experts as to whether a particular injury was accidental versus non-accidental or whether there is some non-abusive cause of the condition or injury.

The search for the truth regarding a child abuse allegation involves “The Law, the Science, the Myths, the Reality”. No one wants a guilty child abuser to go unpunished. On the other hand, there is a sentiment in the general public that it is “better to err on the side of safety” which translates into that “it is better to convict 10 innocent people to make sure we get the one guilty person”. That is, unless they are the person accused or a family member or friend.

Justice can be served when people educate themselves on the issues involved and let reason, rather than emotion, rule the day. We seek justice not only for real victims, but for those who have been ajudged a child abuser when they have not abused anyone.

This entry was posted in Blog, Homepage. Bookmark the permalink.

569 Responses to The Falsely Accused and Attorneys who represent them

1. Terri says:

Kim Hart, I was talking to Anita over “live chat”. We were disconnected.
    It was about my son who is severely disabled and was medically kidnapped by the state of Washington at a Gig Harbor Hospital. We wanted a second opinion and the next day the served us with a restraining order at my son’s hospital bed side. We have not been allowed to see him in 2 months. Our family has NEVER been separated in 23 years. We are his only care providers. Please help… we are so scared. We have a court date coming up on the 5th. We paid attorney $1000.00 and all we got is a continuous for the 5th and we have heard from him twice. Oh god, we need someone who cares to show up in court. Thank you so much for listening. Please email as soon as you can. Our family is quickly running out of time. Terri

• admin says:

Dear Terri,
      Give us a call and we can continue the converstation.

Kim Hart
      Exec. Dir.
      National Child Abuse Defense & Resource Center

2. Bridget says:

I have a CPS case against me based on lies by my step sister 2 weeks after I let my daughter stay with her. CPS did NOT follow agency guidelines or laws regarding their investigation. I have not been allowed to argue my case because my last lawyer did not do his job. I now have another lawyer who says there is nothing I can do now except to do everything in my service plan and I MIGHT get my daughter back within a year. My daughter has not been in my care for 6 months now. I have never abused or neglected her but because my step sister has a personal vendetta against me for unknown reasons, I have only phone calls with my daughter WHEN my step sister will answer her phone. She constantly tells CPS lies about me and they also tell the judge their own lies. I was ordered to pay child support with the judge knowing full well I am unemployed and at the moment not able to get a job because of my circumstances. How can I get my case moved to a different state or can I take my case to the supreme court due to the biased nature in the county it is in. I have evidence of all my claims. If anyone can help me with info on this, please email me at louisianaracegirl at yahoo dot com. Thank you!

• admin says:

Dear Bridget,
      The question is why did they keep your child and what was agreed to in the craziness of the allegations. People often sign things without understanding what they are actually signing. Your lawyer is welcome to call us if there is something that we might be able to help with. By the way, I suspect you will need to get a job in order to prove stability. I only bring this up because a lot of people lose their jobs because of the CPS/Court demands. Then you get punished for being unemployed. Go figure!
      Kim Hart
      Exec. Dir.
      National Child Abuse Defense & Resource Center

3. db says:

My boyfriend just got put in jail today for being accused of child molestation by my daughter she is not currently living with me and my boyfriend when she made the allegation we are in Texas right now and my daughter is in Arkansas with my boyfriend mom…I feel like and he feel like that his mom made her say all the allegation in returns of she will get what she wants…I been interview by the detective of what happened and they say that my daughter said on the video that she been molested since she was 6yrs old when we are living in San Diego and when we lived in Arkansas and here in Amarillo. I don’t believe it and no way possible it happen because I’m always at home if I’m not around her she is always around her brother . Cps talk to my 2boys which her brother they even say it didn’t happen they always around her and that she always with me. She even mentioned in interview on video that I knew it and she told me about it which is not true.. I didn’t know anything and that it didn’t happen..the report and allegation is in Arkansas and me and my boyfriend here in Texas he is in jail in Texas.We can’t afford attorney the detective told him to admit everything and that they will help him to not serve longer time in jail or prison for this or maybe they can get him to a medical facility… we don’t even know how long he be sitting in jail to get in court for trial and how long he will be sentenced.. they keep saying they did DNA test and it have not come back yet.They pretty much trick him to admit and confess on something that didn’t happen and still get sentenced for a lot of years and not keep they’re promise that he will serve short time only..he really needs help to fight this I don’t think he realizing of what’s going on he is very scared and confused for this detective to get him confess of k lestation and promise him of helping him to serve less time he don’t need to be in jail because he is innocent my kids know he is innocent his brother know he is innocent..I can’t even get in contact with him and our kids because if I do cps will take my kids that’s what they told me that they will know and they will find out..my daughter knows the truth she know that she is being told what to say by myboyfriends mom..please help him please…

• admin says:

Dear DB,
      I believe you are saying your husband took a plea deal after beeing tricked into a confession and with the promise of less prison time. If that is the case, there is very little that can be done. Plea bargins are deals and you are saying you are willing to take whatever punishment is on the table. The only thing you might be able to do is contact the Innocense Project in which ever state he took the plea and see if they can help due to the DNA issues. You can see if any law clinic will help.

Kim Hart
      Exec. Dir.
      National Child Abuse Defense & Resource Center

4. anonymous says:

Just was told today that my 4 year old niece told my sister that my husband made her touch him that happened 3 1/2 months ago I do not see how because she was always around me or my daughter. i think it is kinda weird because my niece was left with my mother’s boyfriend 2 nights ago and my husband and mothers boyfriend.do not get along. PLEASE HELP US

• admin says:

Dear Anonymous,
      Call us for the name of a lawyer. Please take the allegation seriously especially because you have children. Our number is 419-865-0513.
      Kim Hart
      Exec. Dir.
      National Child Abuse Defense & Resource Center

5. Robin says:

e is Robin Nicole. My kids was took from me on 12-10-2012 when the worker stated on the petition that the mother overdosed on mythamphetamine and was hospitalized. The petition was not gotten till 2:15 am on 12-11-2012. I was recessed at 11:30pm for northern hospital. EMS responded to my home around 7:30pm and I was took to the hospital for a allergic reaction. My medical records that night state server allergic reaction couse unknown. My kids was taking some were between 7:30 – 11:30pm before the petition was ever taken out. It says on the petition that father openly admitted him and the other was intravenously using mythamphetamine while the children was in there care. That’s what the worker used to file that I overdosed in the petition she did not get any medical information from the doctor’s that night or it wood have shown there was no overdose. At the same time when she filed the petition for my youngest son justin harvey Jr she stated in the area where it says mother and be low it says father name and relationships to child on the fathers she filled  Justin Sr relationship to child STEPFATHER. On Justin Jr birth certificate it says fathers names Justin Sr that’s how my baby boy is a j.r . And me and Justin Sr was married before Justin jr was ever born.4 months Before my baby’s was took from me my caseworker had me and my husbend take a class for child abuse and child neglect prevention program SCAN. The program was based out of Winston Salem N.C. They sent a woman out to are home to observe me my husbend and the children at home. In are paper work that the worker field out says that are case is to be closed once we compared the SCAN program. We completed the program the first of October. The woman that was coming to the home that worked for SCAN closed use out the program stating in the papers that was sent to the worker and I have a copy of that they was no risk of abuse or neglect in the home. The worker came back to the home and we all set down and signed the papers to close the case that we completed are care plan the cps worker her supervisor and another worker as the witness all signed the paper it was on a Friday that following Tuesday the case worker came back to the home and stated that a new report has came in and she had to do another investigate and never filled out any papers to reopen a 30 day investigation. My case was opened February 2012 and we had to feel out papers to do a 30 day inhome investigation . I have all the safety assessments that was filled out every time the worker came to the home and are inhome case plan. In the petition she stated that there has been a history or drug use in the home. In every safety assessment she checked NO on number 11 ”caretaker drug,or alcohol abuse effected her ability to care supervise or protect the children. My children was took from me over lies and hear say not by proven evidence But my attorney will not show the judge all the papers i have to show the cps worker assumed the facts that was presented to the magistrate when she took my baby’s. My cps worker was Whitney Gwyn from surry county child protective services in Dobson north carolina, the lady that came to my home that worked for SCAN in Winston Salem was Belinda W, the medical doctor that was on call the night of my reaction when my children was took was ER doctor Miller for Northern Hospital of surry county N.C. My children are in foster care in Davidson county im fighting like hell to get my baby’s back i come from a low class family but it was never said by the worker any time during my case being open that I was not capable of taking care of all 3 of my children. My case was open for 10 months by Whitney G. Surry County child protective services in Dobson north carolina are lieing to take kids from good parents like me. I see it every day how kids are being took from parents that wood lay down there life and fight life hell for there baby’s and how parents that care about the child gets to keep there’s. I am a mother of three beautiful amazing wonderful kids from 2008 to 2012 the night i they got took i never went a min with out my kids they was with me 24/7and the only time i was away from them i was having another baby and back home the next day. I don’t know if any one will help me to stop cps from hurting another family like they have me and my kids but i want stop fighting till it’s my last breath they can do a TPR termination of prenatal right but the day of the hearing i am going to have it appeal to Raleigh judicial superior court and if need be i will go publicly nation wide with every thing and all the evidence i have. I know my rights i learned all my rights and laws i might get a SSI check couse i have a learning disabled yea i use to couldn’t read or spell that good but when CPS took my baby’s and my court ordered attorney didn’t want to help me i made my self learn now i know all my rights and laws and how to fight CPS. Funny thing is my case worker at the time Whitney G didn’t and still don’t have any kids of her on so how can she tell me how to raise my children when she has never experienced being a full time mother to her own child every thing she knows she was told and read in a book. I 100% believe that a CPS worker that due not or has not ever raised a child should not be allowed to do any child abuse or neglect investigation on a family and the raising of another person’s child. But  I have all my papers to prove every word I have said it the truth and even more incriminating evidence agenst CPS and DSS and there lies since my attorney gave me every thing he has received from the DA, GAL, judge and DSS and therapist that is working with the children while in foster care but my own documents that i have collected. Thank you if you have any questions you can e-mail

• admin says:

Dear Robin,
      You might tell your story to the legislators in your state. Do not hold out hope but every now and then a friendly ear can be found who has the power to try to make changes.

Kim Hart
      Exec. Dir.
      National Child Abuse Defense & Resource Center

6. sheila says:

I have a bf who’s kids have been taken away before for abuse and and he’s had them one year I told him that we can’t let the kids rough house or get hurt because cps is watching them and I found a picture of her with a black eye complete accident and other Ouches that occur playing with 2 other boys since I was there when a teacher noticed bruising I am being told that they are thinking about pressing charges against me! I am so against child abuse and it makes Me sick to think someone out there thinks I am capable of this. Could I mention that I will do anything the court want me to just to prove to them I am not abusive I just want my little family back I love those kids as if they were my own buy in that small town nobody knows me and could be racial since I am native american and he is white. This is a nightmare

• admin says:

Dear Sheila,
      Call our office to discuss possible issues in your case. Our number is 419-865-0513.

Kim Hart
      Exec. Dir.
      National Child Abuse Defense & Resource Center

7. Janet says:

I am inquiring about information in regards to an alleged accusation of child abuse by Success Academy where my 5 yr old niece attends. My niece is not an abused child. Her mother and my nephew communicated with the school and picked up her school work while home sick. She was also taken to the doctors. I am very upset that Success Academy would even think in those areas. I would like to know request advice and assistance in this area as soon as possible. I look forward to speaking with someone on this matter.
    Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

• admin says:

Dear Janet,
      I called the number but was unable to leave a message. Please feel free to call our office at 419-865-0513.
      The mandatory reporting laws are broad and fluid. For the most part, there is immunity for making the calls and no one cares about the hell the falsely accused family goes though. I believe the thought is to accuse 99 innocent to be sure be protect the one. It is a nice idea but the path of destruction is wide and long.

Kim Hart
      Exec. Dir.
      National Child Abuse Defense & Resource Center

8. kalee says:

My boyfriend is being accused of rape of a child [his 9yr.old stepdaughter] he has been arested and when he was interigated he wasnt given the option to say he’s innosent although he did say it over and over the detective gave him two options both saying he did it !before the aligations she told him to give up his rights to his baby she was gonna go to any extent to make him give up his rights . He is innocent .they have a 19mo.old togeather his ex and him and when the baby was born she had all the grandparents removed for no reason .she dosnt allow no grandparentsin there lifes .she has resently tried to press charges on a 7yr.old for liking her 12yr.old she’s got probloms and tring to ruin his life he has 2 older boys 12 and 15 that need there daddy he’s not a predictor . His dad has give up and dieing he’s in ccu and his mother and i are tring to stay strong.help please contact me !!!

9. kalee cisson says:

My boyfriend is being accused of rape of a child [his 9yr.old stepdaughter] he has been arested and when he was interigated he wasnt given the option to say he’s innosent although he did say it over and over the detective gave him two options both saying he did it !before the aligations she told him to give up his rights to his baby she was gonna go to any extent to make him give up his rights . He is innocent .they have a 19mo.old togeather his ex and him and when the baby was born she had all the grandparents removed for no reason .she dosnt allow no grandparentsin there lifes .she has resently tried to press charges on a 7yr.old for liking her 12yr.old she’s got probloms and tring to ruin his life he has 2 older boys 12 and 15 that need there daddy he’s not a predictor . His dad has give up and dieing he’s in ccu and his mother and i are tring to stay strong.help please!!!

10. Lisa says:

My disabled (Bipolar) daughter was renting a house that over the course of a year fell into complete despair. She tried to get the landlord to make the needed repairs but they refused. In late February she took samples of water from the flooded basement to the health department. She also showed them pictures of mold, a fallen in ceiling, a hole in the bathroom floor etc. The health department contacted the landlord and informed them of the issues. They also told my daughter this same landlord was reported for this same house 2 years ago. My daughter, my two grand daughters 5, and 7 and my disabled grandson 9, all went and stayed in a hotel for a week and again later for a few days after staying with family members. February 20th my daughter contacted me that she was having extreme hallucinations, delusional thinking and had been to the hospital and was told she had stage 5 carbon monoxide poisoning. She said she was out of her head and that her and her boyfriend both had experienced seizures. I told her to take the kids and go straight to the hospital. So she did..nothing she said to the hospital personnel made any since..the children were never examined and the police and child protection were called and by early morning of the 20th the children were removed from my daughter. Her drug test revealed she was negative for every single drug, including spice/K2 but tested positive for marijuana. She was told later, in my presence, that the children were removed due to the conditions of the home, which they had never even seen. This was based solely on what SHE had told them while in her delusional state at the hospital days before. My daughter has self medicated with marijuana for years and had NEVER had this type of reaction. She told the hospital staff she believed she had been poisoned by her boyfriends future ex wife. This same women made questionable comments on facebook in regards to my daughter. It was later reported on the local news that authorities had discovered some marijuana in that area had been laced with RAT POISONING..My daughter’s medical/lab reports shows some serious issues. Her potassium level was so low that it alone could have caused her mental instability. She had all kinds of unexplained “odd” lab results as did her boyfriend. I thought she was dying, she experienced seizures, blood in her urine and stool, rapid heartbeat, high blood pressure and so on..this is ALL documented. She told the police that she had purchased the marijuana from a police officer’s son in Princeton, Indiana….It took 3 trips to the hospital and 2 weeks for her to begin to get better and to remember what had happened. AGAIN…I thought she was dying. The children were placed with their dad who has 7 kids in a 2 bedroom house, and he has 12 former felonies against him. On March 12th I was included in a phone conference with the Gibson County CPS. My daughter and her boyfriend were also presence. It took almost 5 hours to complete and my daughter became highly agitated towards the end of the meeting. That same day a court ordered was filed and a warrant was issued for her arrested for FELONY child Neglect. She was never picked up on the warrant until she returned back to the CPS office today, Friday March 20th. While in the welfare office the police arrived and arrested her. The Online police website have an older picture of her posted, her name is listed in her married name, which she has her maiden name back and has been divorced since last November and it states she has been charged with Felony neglect of a dependent and endangerment. My daughter is disabled, and she needs someone to represent her in this case. Something her does not add up. She never received a mental evaluation while at the hospital and some of this could have been due to her missing or improperly taking her meds. I am in Tennessee and I do not have the financial means at this time to pay for an attorney. During all of this she also received eviction papers because the gas company shut her gas off due to the furnace being in the basement and the basement was flooded with high water. The landlord stated this as her reason for eviction..one of the very things my daughter had reported to the health department against the landlord. There are 4 children total whose lives are directly effected by this situation. My daughter is up there, alone and desperately needs representation. I don’t even think they are giving her the proper medications for her bipolar and other physical and mental medical issues. She has been treated for mold exposure and carbon monoxide and was on medications to improve her breathing and to clear up her infections. PLEASE HELP HER…

• admin says:

Dear Lisa,
      Your daughter’s public defender or court appointed lawyer is more than welcome to call us at 419-865-0513.

Kim Hart