The Falsely Accused and Attorneys who represent them

This site is dedicated to those who have been falsely accused of some type of child abuse and for the attorneys who represent them.

The National Innocence Project has exonerated, based upon DNA evidence, hundreds of persons who were convicted of atrocious crimes including capital murder and/or rape. A large number of those persons had confessed to crimes they did not commit. Considering that most cases of child abuse do not involve DNA evidence, one can only guess at the number of people in prison that are innocent. The fact that a person has been accused or charged and, possibly, convicted of the crime does not mean that they were guilty of the crime. There are many reasons for this phenomena that are touched upon in this site.

In the large percent of sexual abuse cases, there is no physical evidence or eyewitnesses. Medical exams are routinely “normal”. Yet, people are still convicted based upon a complainant and hearsay/vouching testimony by so-called “experts”. Especially disturbing are the cases where repeated, penile pentration was alleged, yet the medical exam was “normal” with what is considered an “intact” hymen.

In alleged Shaken Baby and other alleged physical abuse cases, there is seldom a search for an “equally competing hypothesis” for causation of any injuries. In most cases, the presumption is made that the injurie(s) were non-accidental and therefore must have been inflicted by someone. What is not commonly known is that in many of these cases, there is a gigantic dispute among medical experts as to whether a particular injury was accidental versus non-accidental or whether there is some non-abusive cause of the condition or injury.

The search for the truth regarding a child abuse allegation involves “The Law, the Science, the Myths, the Reality”. No one wants a guilty child abuser to go unpunished. On the other hand, there is a sentiment in the general public that it is “better to err on the side of safety” which translates into that “it is better to convict 10 innocent people to make sure we get the one guilty person”. That is, unless they are the person accused or a family member or friend.

Justice can be served when people educate themselves on the issues involved and let reason, rather than emotion, rule the day. We seek justice not only for real victims, but for those who have been ajudged a child abuser when they have not abused anyone.

This entry was posted in Blog, Homepage. Bookmark the permalink.

472 Responses to The Falsely Accused and Attorneys who represent them

1. charles says:

I was convicted of a crime I did not committ. I was visiting my mom in Oklahoma I was there for about a month when a 16 and 17 year old girls made up a story on me I was 24 and lived in Virginia my whole life. Ottawa county oklahoma I was just making jokes about the 17 year old and the age up with some story that I had broke in there house while they were asleep sexually assaulting one and rape by instrumentation on the other (finger). None of these things happened so I take it to trial and the only evidence was just their word. my public pretender caught one of the girls in a lie so they found me not guilty of burglary and sexual assault but found me guilty of rape by instrumentation. How is this possible if they knew they were lying and there word was the only evidence. I wanted to get on the stand but lawyer said it would be a bad idea since I wasn’t from there and I had an accent. I was in jail for about a month when I got in a fight in the jail because of the bogus charges and the guy died so I got a manslaughter charge the guy that died family tested to sure the jail and I hadn’t even been to court for original charges it was self defense and I took it to trial and our was a hung jury by this time I had already been charged with the rape the da came up to me ayer the verdict and said we already got you on the rape and we will get you on this one 30 years he said. Heinto taking a plea bargain for man2 4 more years added on to the 5 that I received for the rape I need help this is wrong if I would have never been in jail for something I didn’t do that guy would still be alive please help me I had 9 years to serve and only Did 3 years 364 days for good behavior I had never been in any real trouble by until I went to visit my mom Please I’m on my hands and knees Where s my justice

Dear Charles,
      If you are incarcerated have your family call us. If you are not incarcerated, feel free to give us a call. Your case is too complicated for a discussion on a blog.

Exec. Director

2. patience says:

My son has been in the care of his father since august 31st and he has been abused and brain washed into saying that i did it my father who is a pastor my sister my fiance and i were all there at the hand off of my son and he was fine. no marks what so ever. My son had bruises on his face and strangulation marks on his neck and 7 welts on his bottom. i took a lie detector test that i passed stating i have never abused my son . My son is stating that i did it. Social services is having me charged with child abuse of my 3 1/2 year old son. he is so scared i have had supervised visits with him which i have recorded sylas saying he is telling them the truth and of the abuse he is enduring there i have recordings of my son stating the abuse with the social worker in the room and nothing happens. i have begged for the state to take my son into custody because he is not safe in the care of his father. i feel as though the police is harrassing me becasue today i was being accused of using a stolen gift card in my town and a town near by i seen the video it was not me the officer told me that he has no doubt it was my fiance and I. I went home and looked at calanders and called into my place of employment and i was at work one of the days and my father was in town helping me move. but one officer that is dealing with the child abuse case said for certain that it was my fiance and i. i am at a loss, no one will listen and i dont know what to do but my little boy is not safe

Dear Patience,
      You need to talk to a lawyer. There are a lot of difficulties when someone accused of abuse brings up abuse allegations and you should be guided by competent counsel. Do not give up your original recordings to anyone but your lawyer and make sure you retain a copy for yourself.

Exec. Dir.

3. patty zrgza says:

Pls help us we are looking for a good honest lawyer who wont charge us soo much money. We live in LA and my brothers lives in Dallas Texas. He is currently in jail been acused of touhing hes own daughter of 14 yrs. My brother will never do that. Now this days teenagers are really out off control. My brother took her cell phone away as a punisbment and she lied and made this big problem not thinking about the consequenses this would have. My brother been in jail for a couple of months now and still nothing has happend not even a court date and his daughter visits him ocasionally like if there was no problem. My brother also is on an INS hold. We’ve tryed hiring a lawyer and he only took our money. Please help us thank you ..

Dear Patty,
      I will send a private e-mails with the name and number of a lawyer you can call. The hard truth is your brother may need to use the public defender and help the public defender with what the court will not pay for.

Exec. Dir.

4. Georgette Rakaska says:

My brother comitted a sexual offense in new york state in 1991. He fell under the Doe V. Pataki group which kept him off of the sex registry but required him to provide his address to the New York State Department of Justice for tens years which ended in 2006. He moved to Pennsylvania in 2008 and Pennsylvania arrested him in 2013 for failure to comply with the sex registry. New York state provided documents of his crime and is more than willing to break a contract between New York State and a Doe V.Pataki member. He is facing trial in Pennsylvania and is in front of a judge who is well noted as being labled PRO Coviction. His lawyer does not have much faith in a jury trial setting him free. Because of him being convicted of a sex crime he is labled less than human. So to get a fair trial it is going to be a uphill battle. If New York State would abide by their contract with my brother this arrest would not have happened. He is facing up to 7 years and he is a 61 year old man with severe hearing loss and reading disabbilities due to a childhood accident. I need some advice on how to plead his situation and how to get New York State to admit my brother’s rights are being violated

5. Anna says:

I am in desperate need of help. My son Tyler is one out of six kids. On 2/28/13 a call was placed to the Department of Children and Families abuse hotline stating my son tyler has been hit by me his mother with a baton and that he has a bruise on his left arm. The Child Protective Investagator called me on 3/2/13 to meet with me, but we were on our way to Bush gardens so I turned around and met with her at Mcdonalds. The CPI worker checked tyler for any marks and bruises and he was free and clear of any marks. She told me she will be in contact to close the case. I didnt hear from her in over a month and on 4/5/13 the CPI worker comes to my house, I was in my room laying my baby down for a nap and someone was pounding on my door, we were scared and didnt open it, as I was home alone with my babies and wasnt expecting anyone. She contacts the police and has a police and herself come back to my house, I let her in and they checked my house and there was no safety concern. They went to my kids school and tyler had a scratch on his neck, that he wasnt sure how he got. So they made a big deal about it. To make a long story short within 24-48 hrs after my son was taken into states care we had a court hearing. The judge said he is ruling based on allegations and allegations only that tyler is to remain in states care. The judge didnt rule based on any proof or evidence, which to me is wrong. Tyler is a special needs child.  The judge took my special needs child away for allegations. Tyler was the only child out of six to be removed.  Doesn’t the Florida statues state that there has to be proof or evidence of abuse or neglect before being removed by DCF? Initially the state was trying to terminate my parental rights,  then dropped it. They have failed to give me a case plan or ant tasks to do to get my son back until July 2014.  Tyler has been in the states care for 17 months for no reason! My parental rights as well as my constitunal rights have been violated,  therefore I demand justice be done in this matter. Dcf cannot take away peoples children for no reason, this is a child we are talking about here, its not like they are repossessing a car. I will continue to contact every senator, the governer, local news, talk shows, the president, etc until justice is served. Theres alot more to this case, I feel like I have a very strong case here to sue dcf. Please let me know what you think. Please help me and my son! Thank you

Dear Anna,
      This is unfortunately what we see and hear about very often. DCF has the power to destroy families with no accountability for their actions. The question is what is your lawyer doing for you? If you do not have an advocate DCF will run over the top of you.

Exec. Dir.

6. Patricia Hogan says:

My son being falsely accused and he has a public defender but evidence has been left out

7. veronica says:

Saw some of the things written here,I was charged with a horrible crime I never did,by some bad advice from my attorney an a bias an pres judge I took a plea an still stand on my innocence.I have proof of innocence but don’t know where to turn.it was in calif.I’m stiil holding on to hope,but sometimes its hard.where’s is MY justice an my rights.:(

Dear Veronica,
      If you can prove your innocence then you will need to find a lawyer who knows how to file “actual innocence” paperwork to get the ball rolling again. Try the Innocence Project!

Exec. Dir.

8. Teresa Walsh says:

My boyfriend needs help he is in prison right now because his public defender told him he had a very good case. He had three witnesses that were right there the whole time this seven year old little girl sat on his knee, he even sat pushed out and turned out away from the table. When her dad got there to get her he was talking to her about school then got up and left the room while she was talking to him about having a bad day. She was upset when he walked off. He came back in the room and said come on lets go,and she was more upset with him, she turned around and looked at Larry and said I want to go home and get all of my toys and come back here and live here with all of you. My daughter that was her because she use to work at the bar where they, yes he and the little girl till late at night almost every night. It wasn’t but two or three minutes before they called and he said that she told him that my boyfriend sorry Larry Stanfill, she just said Larry. yea before they left she went to Larry kissed him on the cheek and told him that she loved him then gave him a hug, then she did the same thing to me and my daughter.Then she dropped her head and walked out the door with her dad .we all said bye to him. It wasn’t but two or three minutes before my daughters phone rang and her dad was telling her that she said Larry hair touched her. Meg turned her phone on loud speaker and asked him to say it again he said her story had already changed twice,so he didn’t really believe her. He said here you talk to her and put Angel on the phone. She said that he unzipped her pants with one hand and put it down her pants and her words “you know did his hand up and down like shaking someone’s hand”. Larry is a very awkward person he cannot undo a bra with two hands while looking at it. But there were two of is across the table from him and Meg was at the end of the table the three of them were playing DnD, and I was watching them and deleting junk from my email at first then I was watching Angel do math problems on the dry erase board she had gotten down for about 30 minutes or more then got on the knee by the table but Larry always kept his hand on the table and the other one was draped over the back of the chair the only time he touched her was when she scooted up further on his leg and he one hand on each side of her on her lower ribs and lifted her up and placed her back down on his knee.His Lawyer told him to begin with that he did not want to take the case. He told him that he had a very good case but the prosecution had something they could use against him and there was a chance he could loose and if he did he would get life but they are offering him a deal of 7 years and he has to register as a sex offered for the rest of his life. He was scared of getting life so his mom told him a few years was better than life but he didn’t realize he got life either way because he.has to register for something he did not do .and there was no evidence except where she was sitting on his knee or on the floor or carpet I had just given Larry a manicure and pedicure the afternoon before this happened while he sat at the end of the table playing on the computer ….. when he was still married he has been divorced about a year now, when his wife got pregnant her ex-mother-in-law decided she wanted her granddaughter for herself. So she was about a year old and could barely talk the g-maw went to children’s services and told them her g-child said her that he touched her. The next day they came and got her and took her and did tests on her and questioned them alot. They did not let her go back to her g-mad again until the baby was born and was a couple of months old and she begged and said she would not do it again but now she was a year and a half old. Her mother let her stay for two weeks. When she came home it wasn’t but couple of days before the. Police and children’s services showed up As soon as she dropped her off she went to the office and told them that she told her that he put his pennis inside her so they did another rape kit and again the child had not been touched.but they kept him in jail to go on trial because she must have taught her to say exactly that. Well that lawyer told him basically the same thing, that if he went to trial and lost he would go to prison for life. So he worked out a deal 5 years probation, so much work hours and so much money, and not have to register. And of course this violated his probation. But it is also a no evidence chart that he should not have gotten in the first place. I feel like both of these lawyers should have done their jobs and defended Larry instead of copping out and selling him out twice for something he did not do. He never even changed diapers of either child or give baths or anything of that sort his ex-wife told me that he had to fight with his best friends girlfriend and her few friends that were always there just to give his son a bottle or hold him when he was home from work. I’m sorry it’s so long but I know that he was manipulated into taking a plea which is all but making him say he is guilty but he was scared of life in prison and they should not scare you into going to prison when you are inocent with no evidence against you IT IS JUST WRONG. And there are to many innocent people in prison because of to many lawyers and public defenders who just don’t care. Please help Larry S. Thank you I love him with all my heart and soul even if you cannot help him and he has to spend the full 5 years for VOP and 7 years for sexual molestation (child 7 years old). He was arrested on January 27,2014. And he went to prison on August 27,2014. He. Still has not been sent to the main prison he will be staying at. In the final deposition’s we all did Angel changed her testimony 4 times during it. And just so you know she and her dad picked 2 different men out of the 6 photos they were shown the day after this was supposed to have happened and neither was of Larry. Mark G. was his public defender but Mr. W. is higher up in the office and I had to go to him to find out anything because Mr. G. would not respond to Larry’s mail, messages,or even my messages to call him he saw Larry 3 times and sent him his paperwork 1 time but would not call back or come discuss the paperwork and he sent him a letter telling him he wanted to appeal but he denied getting it. Larry put att Mr. G. and Mr. W. so if one didn’t get it the other one would and give it to him. Mr.W. would have mad sure he got it and started the appeal..

9. Trysha says:

I was mowing my yard, which was supposed to be my landlords responsibility, however when it grew to about a foot and a half tall it became dangerous for my nine and five yr olds to play in. I had to borrow my friends riding mower a person in which my fiance dislikes. They argued, and the neighbors called the police, I had drank around four beers in several hours while mowing. Five police officers showed up, I told them they were trespassing, and made some other remarks without swearing at them or putting them down. One officer told me that he would make up whatever he wanted to see that I was arrested that day. My fiance heard that statement. I was then told that I probably had drugs in my house which made me angry and I said no I don’t go look. well My nine year old is special needs and has tantrums to the point that he can tear a room apart when he gets frustrated or angry. I did not have any blood relatives here only my fiance whom my boys know and love. I had given verbal consent as he had not drank. I did not feel that I had done anything wrong because I was trying to make our yard safe for my kids. Well they are charging me with endangering the welfare of a child. I had not put them in a car and drove, I had not beat them, nor starved them. one of the complaints DHR had was a lack of food, well one week earlier i got 459 dollars in food stamps, and while i did not buy junk food I had a refrigerator full of fruits and vegetables. And of course the necessities. It took me several hours to mow the yard I had to go over it twice. anyway They took my kids and put them in foster care. I have done everything they have asked I did nothing illegal I had a few beers at home it was 93 degrees that day and my boys had on only shorts no shoes and no shirts….now they have suspended visitation with my oldest boy because of his tantrums, he can destroy rooms when angry. he does not have the comprehension of a normal nine year old and only knows that he wants to come home but they will not let him. I am still able to see my five year old, but I know that is going to hurt my oldest boy and not remedy the situation. I have never abused my children nor have i starved them. I was told i had neglected them that day. They were dirty from playing outside all day long. I had not bathed them that afternoon as they were still playing. My attorney is not being helpful and is saying that I am the reason I do not have my kids. yes I was mouthy with the cops and my sons room was a mess and it was so hot that they would not like to keep their clothes on other than shorts. my last court date october 2nd the judge stated she wants to see that the vacation is increased, instead dhr changed the day and suspended the visit with my oldest boy who is only throwing fits because he wants his momma. My attorney is not being helpful she was court appointed.. Thank you for your time. I am so heartbroken over all of this. I need some advice. again I thank you for allowing me to tell my story and there is a bit more to it I have completed all the requirements thus far…..

Dear Trysha,
      Yours is just another sad story. Thank you for telling it. As far as the public defender, you can try to talk to his/her superior but if it is family court, the rule change without any judicial hearing and the defense lawyers hear about it after implementation. Your lawyer can call here and we can see if we have any recommendations.

Exec. Dir.

10. Leonora Arnold says:

8 months ago my oldest daughter gave birth to a baby boy,they both where clean but the babys first bowel movement tested positive for crystal meth.My youngest daughter stepped up to the plate and took responsability of all four of my daughters children.Of course cps was involved they said”that my oldest needed to give full custody to my youngest.THey filled all the paper work and custody was giving to my youngest.Three months later.My daughters had an argument.my oldest took the three youngest children and left the home.Then without cps being aware went to the courts and cancelled the guardionship.NOw that i told u all that this is my problem My oldest was fighting with her fiance,i guest he threaten her becouse she called the police,the police came she must of got scared and ran out the back.she had been fixing this trailor she was in with the children.The police went in saw the condition of the trailer and called cps becouse of the 3 children.Cps realized that she was not suppose to have these children,plus the condition of the trailor made it worse.Cps showed up at my youngest,she explained the problem she had with her sister and told them i have not seen the children sense april when she took them i called the police but they refused to get involved they said go to family court she told them but i have legal custudy the police refused to get involved.All this time and for the past two years my youngest has had my oldest grandson living with her.cps then told her well filled for custody of the children when we find them we will bring them back to u.The next morning they called and said we need u to go to this school and pick up your oldest niece her mom took her to school.So my daughter and her fiance went to get her she seemed fine.The next morning when i awoke the front door was unlocked but evrybody was sleep,i woke my daughter i was concerned because we have a two year old in the home.my granddaughter had ran away the police picked her up. YOU have to understand my granddaughter loves to lie like her mother but i still love her.well this is my problem because of the lies she told the police and cps they took my oldest grandson tuesday evening of the same day.hes been with us for two years he does not even live with his mother. HE rather lived with his aunt then with his mother. what can we do please help thank you

Dear Leonara,
      What a mess. Do you have any lawyers involved? Call the office and maybe we can give you some suggestions. Has there been any evaluations of any of the kids yet?

Exec. Dir.

11. Jermaine says:

No justice in compromised military court martial:

I’m a veteran with an amazing military record. I was convicted for crime’s I did not commit. Within, my career I haven’t received any type of UCMJ actions, letter of reprimand, nor disciple action.  My court martial was nothing like BG Sinclair. In fact, there was not one piece of evidence or an eyewitness that said I seen the accused (me) commit any crime. Every incident against the accused (me) occurred in a public working environment. This environment was a confined dining facility in which there are 50-60 soldiers  present with an addition of 10-20 civilian workers. Evidence that proved my innocence, perjury, inconsistencies, and untruthfulness in character was not allowed into my court martial. Specifically the testimonies made under oath at an article 32 hearing by the victims, victims signed sworn statement conducted by a CID agent, and initial reporting  statements given by the victims to a sexual assault and harassment prevention facilitator. There was a 2012 case in which two alleged victims reported. An investigation was conducted in 2012 was unfounded. This same unfounded investigation was included into my court martial. When requested through the government for the findings of the 2012 case. The government submitted documents of the case but suspiciously sworn statement given by alleged victims in 2012 was not included and said those sworn statements couldn’t be found. Documents that proved my innocence wasn’t allowed in my court martial. How is that justice? Documents that proved victims committed perjury on the stand not allowed. His is that fair? Audio of victims under oath not allowed? Where is the integrity of our military justice system? In a digital generation 2012 documents that proved different allegations lost. How is that possible it had to emailed to an approving authority and filed? Please help, tell my story. Please inquire on this matter. I need justice  served in a fair and impartial way. Thanks for reading please assist I’m innocent.

Dear Jermaine,
      Call our office 419-865-0513. With the differences between civilian court and UCMJ I will discuss anything here.

Exec. Dir.

12. Kimberly Beasley says:

It is with great pain that I have to write this email. This past March my little sister received a phone call from one of her friends back in our hometown of Kansas City, MO stating that her ptsd was very severe after serving 2 tours in Iraq and that she felt like she wanted to hurt her son and could not care for him any longer. My little sister who is 29, single, with no kids, ran into my room (she had recently moved in with me here in South Carolina for a new start) frantically and said I have to save my God Son. I agreed to him coming. My sister went as far as paying for Marlon a plane ticket to get him here as fast as possible. The moment MJ as we call him arrived my sisters heart lit up. Marlon was a very polite and imaginative child. After arriving we noticed that his clothes that were sent were too small, he needed a hair cut, new shoes, and what we suspected as severe exzema per his mom had an outbreak. We immediately brought him a new bed, toys, clothes, got a hair cut, and exzema cream. My sister even tried to put him on her insurance at work to no avail, because she did not have temporary nor full custody. So we spoke with his mom regarding temporary custody so that we could get him the health care he needed and enroll him in school. My sister was able to take him to the physician to get his shots (which he had not had since he was 2 years old and he was now 5 years old) at the free health clinic in which (there was no abuse found) so that he could be enrolled in daycare. Soon after enrolling him in daycare we noticed that MJ was great around adults, but was unable to socialize with kids, often hitting them severely, and even falling out in the floor and hitting himself. We put him in swimming (again no abuse allegations) and basketball at he YMCA and he thrived, but only because we “adults” were watching.

Again my sister tried to get him some help, but with no insurance for him there was no place to turn to. The temporary custody hearing was signed by a judge here in Lexington County, SC and Marlon was able to enroll into school where again his social issues with kids came out. From the beginning of daycare in April to mid-August he had over 10 writes ups. When kindergarten started from August to Oct. 13th he had 21 write ups and 8 in school suspensions. My sister was very active in getting him medicaid and calling to have him seen for a full work up for him being prone to accidents and bruises and for his exzema and to be seen by a phychiatrist, but the waiting list was months long. She tried calling VA to see if he could be seen since both his parents had been in the military, but was told it was only for the “soldiers”. She tried EVERYTHING including behavior modification and occasionally spanking. When spanking did not work, she went to more behavior modification. She also was vigiliant in communicating with MJ’s teacher about what we were doing at home such as having him reach a goal “Red Lobster, toy, beach outing” at the end of the week if he did well at school so the teachers could all be on the same page also.

On Monday October 13th, MJ got in trouble at before and after school care for hitting a little girl in the face . My sister told him she was disappointed and that he would not be able to go to the beach with us that weekend when my little brother, sister in law, and nephew came in town. MJ was quite upset. On Tuesday around 11am. My sister got a call from dfs stating she needed to meet them at the house. She got to the house and they told her that MJ had spilled syrup on his clothes that morning and a male gym teacher had taken him to the bathroom BY HIMSELF and CHANGED HIS CLOTHES, (he is 5 and can change his own clothes) and noticed marks on his body and called dfs who in return called the sheriffs department. They said they spoke to MJ who said “God Mommy Candice beat him everyday after school with a rope, and even went as far as to say that I beat him, my sister beat him, his mom beat him, and his dad (who my sister explained to no avail has been in prison since Marlon was 8 months old and just recently got out and started back up phone communication)”. The sheriffs’ department took a statement from her, called her a liar, and took a jump rope out of the house as “evidence”. The next day around 5pm, after they said was an “extensive” investigation where they took MJ to a top physician who “specializes” in child abuse to confirm abuse my sister was hauled off to jail. I was told her bond hearing would be the next day and she was being charged with 4 felony counts of child abuse because MJ said the abuse happened at home and at school.

The next day I went to her bond hearing where the same sheriffs deputy that came to the house and told me “we take child abuse seriously like the guy who killed his 5 kids….did I mention he was under dfs investigation at the time and they determined he was “a loving fit father”.) The judge listened to the deputy, did not look at any pics or anything, listened to my sister’s lawyer that we had to get at the last minute who explained she was not a flight risk, had taken on a child with no financial assistance from the parents, how she was about to start a new job with better benefits and pay so she could better care for Marlon, and how she has NO criminal history or record. The judge quickly looked at my sister and said NO BOND.

Later on that afternoon the “interim” sheriff for Lexington County (the real sheriff has been indicted and is on leave for bribery charges) called in all the media outlets and gave them a story about how my sister was this evil person who had severely beaten a child on a daily basis with a jump rope from the dates of “Aug. 18th-Oct. 13th”…the story also included her mugshot. The dates were interesting because MJ has gone to the doctor for a respiratory illness where his shirt was removed so the doctor could check his heart and has also gone to the nurse at school during that time for throwing a tantrum and knocking himself into a chair in the process where his shirt was also removed and ice applied to his stomach…both did not report ANY abuse.

We later found out that the so called “expert physician of child abuse” was actually an urgent care doctor at the county urgent care. He did a “physical” exam supposedly, but no blood work up to detect for diseases, blood disorders, congenital skin diseases or defects or anything else. The investigators also did not look at his past medical records, interview any other witnesses such as teachers, my other sister, did not get in touch with the parents who would have told them MJ has accused others falsely of abuse before such as a past daycare, nor did they look at any of MJs prior behavioral patterns which includes lying and manipulation to gain attention. All they wanted was an escape goat to make up for the past mistakes that SC DFS and Lexington County Sheriff’s Department has made. The investigator even went as far as to tell me that she will NEVER get to see MJ again and they already have a family that wants to adopt him. This was one day after the supposed investigation started.

Please read this and give us any assistance that you can. My sister is a loving, caring, person who took in a child when no one else was willing and now she is in jail for something she did not do because of it.

Dear Kimberly,
      Call me so we can discuss your sister’s situation. Our number is 419-865-0513.

Exec. Dir.

13. Lisa Ross says:

My kids an I stop to dollar wise with my neighbor. While walking in the store talking to my neighbor the ower of the store approach me an ask what I put in my pocket. I pull out my cell phone an money. He replied O the girl that work here said you was stealing putting stuff in ur pocket. I stated I don’t steal I don’t even have a criminal recorded . I’m not the one , the store was full of costumers. I was shame embarrass while talking to the young lady the ower push me saying go go! They have camera in the store an they falsely accuse me for stealing. I call the police an they say they could not write a report on them for fasely accusing me for stealing. What is the right step to Handel this matter?

Dear Lisa,
      You should talk to a lawyer. Call the office and I will be able to give you a referral.

Exec. Dir.

14. Hopelessly Frustrated says:

My uncle has been accused of two counts aggravated sexual assault on child. His bail was at 60,000 reduced to 40,000. Our family still did not have the money for his bail. He has been in jail for seven months. There is no DNA, “normal” findings on physical exam, only statement! The child’s history has two prior false accusations, multiple admissions to psychiatric hospitals where physician state child is in “fantasy world”, police report “communicating threats”, state my uncle’s incident did not happen then changed to did happen, then recants again that it was a lie. My family cannot afford a criminal defense attorney so my uncle has a court-appointed. I have aggressively worked to gather (what I am legally able) to defend my uncle, but I feel that’s not enough. I am unable to retrieve statements by the two priors, physician statement (“fantasy world”), police report, etc. Basically, the attorney has told me that it is the “burden of the state” to prove my uncle guilty, but I have researched similar cases to unfortunately find many are convicted only on hearsay alone!! I am pleading for any legal help for a rock-solid defense. Please help me help my uncle!!!!

Dear Hopelessly,
      WITH LITTLE MONEY DON’T BAIL YOUR UNCLE OUT. Use that money to help the PD help your Uncle. Call our office and I will give you some suggestions. Our number is 419-865-0513.

Exec. Dir.

15. Jenn says:

Someone who I am close to was recently accused of sexual abuse 2nd degree. Which at one point was said was a miademeanor. Well here’s the thing he has kids of his own and his lawyer is telling him to take a plea of guilty when he didn’t do it. There was no supporting evidence just what the alleged victim said happened 4 years ago. The victim in question is always in trouble and yet our law system just wants him to plead it out. We cannot find decent legal representation due tot the fact of fixed incomes. He’s afraid he’s going to lose everything including the right to see his children. It’s not fair by any means in my eyes. How do people get away with lying and then to top it off the alleged’s mother is a drug buddy of our judge? Please help if you can court is coming soon!

Dear Jenn,
      Call the office to discuss the situation. Our number is 419-865-0513. There are too many questions that must be answered before direction might be given.

Exec. Dir.