Falsely Accused and Attorneys who represent them

……..Attorneys listed by State:  Click on link to the right……………….(A)

This site is dedicated to those who have been falsely accused of some type of child abuse and for the attorneys who represent them.

The National Innocence Project has exonerated, based upon DNA evidence, hundreds of persons who were convicted of atrocious crimes including capital murder and/or rape. A large number of those persons had confessed to crimes they did not commit. Considering that most cases of child abuse do not involve DNA evidence, one can only guess at the number of people in prison that are innocent. The fact that a person has been accused or charged and, possibly, convicted of the crime does not mean that they were guilty of the crime. There are many reasons for this phenomena that are touched upon in this site.

In the large percent of sexual abuse cases, there is no physical evidence or eyewitnesses. Medical exams are routinely “normal”. Yet, people are still convicted based upon a complainant and hearsay/vouching testimony by so-called “experts”. Especially disturbing are the cases where repeated, penile pentration was alleged, yet the medical exam was “normal” with what is considered an “intact” hymen.

In alleged Shaken Baby and other alleged physical abuse cases, there is seldom a search for an “equally competing hypothesis” for causation of any injuries. In most cases, the presumption is made that the injurie(s) were non-accidental and therefore must have been inflicted by someone. What is not commonly known is that in many of these cases, there is a gigantic dispute among medical experts as to whether a particular injury was accidental versus non-accidental or whether there is some non-abusive cause of the condition or injury.

The search for the truth regarding a child abuse allegation involves “The Law, the Science, the Myths, the Reality”. No one wants a guilty child abuser to go unpunished. On the other hand, there is a sentiment in the general public that it is “better to err on the side of safety” which translates into that “it is better to convict 10 innocent people to make sure we get the one guilty person”. That is, unless they are the person accused or a family member or friend.

Justice can be served when people educate themselves on the issues involved and let reason, rather than emotion, rule the day. We seek justice not only for real victims, but for those who have been ajudged a child abuser when they have not abused anyone.

This entry was posted in Blog, Homepage. Bookmark the permalink.

1,378 Responses to Falsely Accused and Attorneys who represent them

1. I have an issue with cps in ny they intruded my home by just coming in my 16 year old whom had just had a baby at the time inadvertently let them in they allowed themselves in told me I had to sin paperwork allowing my kids to go to my moms or they would be placed in foster care that was a yr ago and that was because of someone I rented a room to thru dss overdosing in his private space which is a department in the same building cps and dss dss, is the attorney in the same place that was against me as well so not only did they threaten me with the police but violate my civil rights from the beginning and my children’s civil rights by threatening her with her son as well but have ruined my family this last year my oldest son is extremely depressed my oldest daughter quit school and is in an abusive relationship my two youngest children were in foster care briefly but were put back into my care . then I found out I had breast cancer so I had to leave state for a while for treatment they are with family for the summer I am sure ny cps isn’t happy about that but idc I am done with their harassment I completed their parenting and I went to cares they said I didn’t need to go back I have never had a dirty urine and based on cps hair follicle which can go back 60 days they want me to do another e val nope their is something about that called basing current circumstance in past but eh I did it while I was out if town doing this any way
    Plus an 8 hour course.but this is ridiculous

Dear SHannon,
      You may want to talk with a civil lawyer to see if there is anything that can be done.

2. Leiliamarie Ragland says:

Hello my name is Leilia and I am writing in regards to my brother John who is currently in Airway heights. I can’t tell you for how long because for the past 6 months he has been sitting in jail with no actual sentence. Let’s start from the beginning. My brother and his wife have always had a volatile relationship physical and emotional abuse from both sides. Neither are great parents to say the least. In 2011 my brother went to jail for domestic violence after released knowing that his wife and her family would keep coming after him. His mother in law stated she would make sure that somehow he spent the rest of his life in jail where he belongs (she told this to me I then warned him). In fear of this he came to North Carolina to live with me. In 2013 he moved out but her and her family did not know this. I moved back to Washington in the beginning of May 2013. His wife then began contacting my mom asking where he was. She then miraculously heard her children say that my brother did things to them. Supposedly she went next door to her sisters who cannot stand my brother and she said the children then told her. She then called her mother and told her. She called the police and filed a report when investigators questioned the children the only one that would say this happened was her oldest daughter who has been known to say crazy stories. Such as her teacher bit her. And a guy at the store tried to do something to her and he bit off his wiener. She told investigators that she had to have stitches because my brother raped her. An exam was done on her and they found no physical evidence. I had went and seen her when I got back. I have only met her a couple times and my brother’s children. In 2012 I had a child and I wanted her to meet her cousins. When I went there my brother’s son asked if I was John’s sister when I said yes he told me he misses his daddy. By the time we got to court he said he feared him and the two oldest said they hated him. This is not the way they acted at the beginning of 2013. His wife had told me at one of the visits that her youngest who was I think 3 yrs old that she said something. I thought nothing of it because his wife didn’t seem to act concerned or like she even believed. I didn’t know that by this time she had filed a report on her oldest two. I believe she told me that it was the youngest so I wouldn’t ask the two oldest the truth. Every visit she kept asking me if he was in Washington. Suddenly one day I get a text from her saying my brother was in Jail. She said “thought you might want to know”. She used her children offering to me and my mother to have a part of their life all the while trying to get info out of us. The minute they picked up my brother she blocked us on Facebook and wouldn’t let us see the kids. Mind you we never said anything to her about the charges or anything we just wanted to be part of their lives. She never came to any of us out of concern for her or her kids about my brother in any way and she knows that my mom and brother are not close and that she would have listen to any concerns with an open mind (not immediately taken his side). After the process began in 2015 the trial and court process took a year. Every bit of the process had me shocked. There was no real evidence, only hearsay of the children and family. Which changed often. And didn’t make any sense. His attorney used the strategy telling the jury about all the bad things my brother did to show why the family would hate him except he half assed it and it blew up. All her family got up on the stand and said they always liked him until this. Which was a lie. He wasn’t allowed at family events and they wouldn’t let me get on the stand and tell about how her mother told me over the phone that she would make sure that somehow my brother would spend the rest of his life in jail where he belongs. When this all began my mother and I both asked my brother what was going on. We both felt like there was no way they would bring him all the way from Texas to Washington with no evidence. Were we both wrong. The whole trial was a whole he said she said with stories not matching. Their expert saying there was NO evidence but that evidence can heal and go away. I am sorry but evidence of a full grown man raping a little girl does not just disappear. And why would a little girl say something like my dad raped me and gave me stitches. Her own mother got on the stand and said that was a lie. After the jury heard about all the domestic violence they literally put their pads and pen down and stopped taking notes at the beginning. I told him when he called me “John your toast, they hate you and they will convict you just because they think you are a piece of shit”. My mom was hopeful and believed that they would never convict him on that horrible obvious lies that were fed to the children. Well she was wrong they convicted him of everything they could. He filed an appeal and won, but only for the things that require evidence, such as rape. He has been sitting in Jail waiting for resentencing for 6 months. I tried to file another appeal and failed. I don’t know what I’m doing plus I have 2 jobs, go to school full time and I am a single mother of 2 children. I want to dedicate all my time to setting him free but I just can’t. I have no money neither does he I am begging for your help. He has also signed over power of attorney to me if that helps at all. Through this case my brother has had several attorney, couple of which admitted to not being caught up, or unsure of the facts of the case. The attorney that went to trial didn’t want to hear anything from me or my mother. Even when we told him that my brother’s wife’s sister had done the same thing to try and get custody of her kids. The husband had a good attorney, charges were found to be false and he got custody. The attorney was a joke, so was the investigator.

Dear Leilia,
      You might want to contact the bar association to see if there is any lawyers in the area taking pro bono cases. Check the universities to see if there are any law clinics that would take the case. You can also contact the “innocence project” for the state he was convicted in.

National Child Abuse Defense & Resource Center

3. my twins were taken in to cps custody in Nov after a false report was made. I let the caseworker come in my home and talk to me and ny kids and listened to the report which stated my son nathan didnt get his adhd meds because i took them well my son isn’t adhd. He has autism and he doesn’t take any medication and his name is MASON and i use drugs and mentioned their daddy about 20 times. She left saying sounds like a false . I really don’t know what happened after that but she shows up about 20 days later demanding i take a drug test. So i asked had she talked to their teachers or anyone bc this was ridiculous and i in no way neglect or abuse my kids in the slightest bit and she can talk to ANYONE she wants. So me and kids had stomach virus that day and days after so i never thought about drug test after that and shouldn’t have to. Well a few days later she shows up w other caseworker and a deputy a d says i need to sign a saftey plan and place my kids in someone else’s home until we sort this out. Well i let my kids stay only for the night at their Mimi and i was going to see attorney next day and going to get my kids next morning they had only been away from me thst one time. I have always had my babies w me. She went and took them before i could make it out there. She had no warrant no authorisation or emergency but their Mimi didn’t know what to do. So i met her at dhs and chose where they went. I sent them to Starkville to their dad’s mom because i knew i could stay there w them. The shelter hearing did nothing i was confused as to how they still had my kids and adjudication hearing was not held when it was supposed to be because caseworker was not there. I started complaining to anyone who would listen but seems everyone is scared of these people. I did have an attorney colleen H. So for one reason or another court was put off again and again. By the time i was called to stand the judge had placed them bk at my home on jan 11 th bc they had missed 4weeks of school and my son is autistic. So when its time for ne to testify the judge was asking why they were taken in custody the didn’t have one single piece of evidence but the caseworker had lied on me she lied on dr lane office and gave out my info that she couldnt even give me on the phone to their daddy in phone and he was given the same petition i was but never came to court and i know is the one who made the false report. I don’t know why this woman made it her mission to keep my kids away. The history with their dad is one to explain later. My attorney finally pushed to finish court on april 5th i ended up being the only one who was called to stand. When i finished the judge looked so confused wondering how my kids were taken ro begin with. She dismissed my case after my kids were already traumatized for the rest of their lives and said this was most bizarre case and the state did not have one piece of evidence of neglect so there was nothing she could do but return my kids. So how was allowed to go on all these months?? I have so much more detail i took notes the entire time if everything that happened and i know i will win this case if i can find a lawyer who will help me. Ir seems everyone is scared to take cps on. I have researched for months and know my rights were violated. Rob R. told ne u might take thr case so i wanted to email u when i could hoping u would get it before the weekend. My number is 242**** i hope to hear from u soon. I guess i should have mentioned there wad a total of 3calls from time they were taken. Special investigations Mallory M. investigated last one and found it unsubstantiated and i am shocked that people do this

Dear Tera,
      You need to ask your lawyer for a referral to a civil lawyer with the focus being not only on you but on your kids. If they harmed your children they have no immunity! The problem is proving harm and maneuvering around the immunity issues.

4. Wendy Torres/Holmes Valladares says:

I am desperate and need guidance for my partner. He has a 7 year boy whom he has not been able to see for the past 1 1/2yr (no phone or physical contact at all), his ex has denied him any communication from him, claiming he sexually abused him. Back in 2014 he was contacted by CPA with the case of child abuse, he was interviewed and his home was checked as well, no evidence was found of such thing, the mother of the child originally stated her nephew (5+yrs older than the son) was the perpetrator and provided details of the act. She decided (without consulting my partner) to close the case, providing no reason. He was able to visit his son with supervision for a couple of months. The funny part is his ex being the one who accused him would allow her daughter (4+yrs older than the son)to be the chaperone, ironic right? 1 1/2yr ago another child abuse case reopened this time stating my partner was the abuser and since then he has been in and out of court dates with no result. He has been interviewed by the police, CPA agents, and haven’t been found guilty or evidence of such thing. Now he was ordered to take a psychology test to prove he has no mental issues (sexual). He is very desperate and I am afraid he will lose his patience and stop perusing his right. This woman is determined to not allow him to see his son and destroy him as a person by stating he abused his son when she knows the truth. Please we need help!!!

Dear Wendy,
      Your partner needs a good lawyer. Losing his patience would be a disaster for him. He should seek legal guidance before agreeing to the psychological testing that is being suggested.

5. Cassie Thomas says:

Please Help! My two year old daughter was taken from me bc of domesticviolence in the home. DCFS in Louisiana flew the foster mom to Iowa where I had been living for 6 months and took my daughter bstatibv they had jurisdiction bc my case was never closed. I have done 2 case plans and all they asked but they continue to treat me as a criminal instead of an victim. They took my daughter on December. 10,2016 she is 2 and have no let me see or spoke to her when the whole petition is about my husband it involves high ranking judges and politicans. They are now trying to terminate my rights so they foster family can adopt.idk what els
    e to do please help me

Dear Cassie,
      When there is a case plan, you are just stuck. If you do not have a lawyer DCFS will just keep running you over. Sadly, there are time frames to complete case plans or they will terminate.You really need to get a lawyer or ask your lawyer what more you can do. If you live with the other person involving the DV, you will be considered unable to protect your child, in my experience.

6. Blanca Cosme says:

Hi my name is Blanca I need help in September of 2013 I was falsely accused of child abuse of my grandson Jadyn he was six weeks old at the Tim,I had noticed a swelling on his left elbow my daughter took him to his pediatrician and she sent him to children’s hospital of Detroit,Michigan there they discovered that he had multiple fractures some of which were healing,my daughter had explained to the doctor at the hospital that I had noticed the swelling while I was watching him,and automatically I was the abuser,CPS came into my home with the police with no warrant searched my house when I asked what were they looking for all I got was its routine,the baby has been adopted out my daughter lost parental rights to both her boys and have been separated to different homes,she filed an appeal but her paperwork was mailed way after the 28 day period to file the petition,I believe that was purposely done so that they can adopt them out.

Dear Blanca,
      I am not a lawyer. However, it is my experience that once a child has been adopted it is really hard/almost impossible to undo it. It is a common trick for the paperwork to arrive after deadlines. I always tell people to keep the envelope so you can prove when it was mailed. I hope your daughter is using a lawyer and not doing it on her own.

• Blanca Cosme says:

My Daughter is in search of an attorney now we’ve both have called hundreds but of course we are low income and its hard for us,we’ve called legal aid,the Inocense project of Michigan no help there either,I’ve tried the Bar association no help there either, I don’t know what else to do.

Dear Blanca,
          See if any of the law colleges have legal clinics that could help.

7. RuthAnne Fainter says:

I hope some can help me please i am grom missouri and in april of 2014 dfs came to my home looking for my then soon to be husband niece and ended up taking my three children in to protective custody for claiming iwas dirty bc i could not proform a ua in a 30 min window. And she andher kids did notlive there nor had lived there her po sd she lived a her moms and the kids school sd she lived at a friend my kids father sd he was already out of the state which he was not buti became the offending parent and that started hell for me on all my paper work my so called allegations are never the same a full of bogas and lies and by the time we went to court i went and did a 30 day rehab just to see my kids and didnt get a lawyer they always gave me a million tgings to do which i tried while there dads mom took the kids he always blamed me and him and i seperated and they where going to give him my kids i never even got a chance and then om dec 9 2014 we got married and we were about to get pur kids back and he started changing very controling and i told dfs he had anger problems it was stated and reported numrous times and i always was to blame then on april 24 2015 the dfs worker came to my house for home visit and so we could start our overnights and my husband and i got into ober spmething and he punched a hole in wall rt next to my head and the case worker was there she removed me fpr my saftey we couldnt have no contact and then at our next fst meeting he was ordered to do anger management by everyone well he was getting to see mids overnights and all and never took one anger managment i told ohr fst meeting that him and i needed to be able to have contact bc we had three mids to raise and it was kur responsibility to raise them whether we were together or not so they allowed that he and i went out few times it was good until July 2015 we to the store got everone new shoes and i was heading bacm i had a na class to go to and so i got ready we drove and didnt get tbe message it was cancelled so i called my ex told him what happened and he asked if i wanted to eat at the local pub with him i sd yes we need to talk about stuff anyways i get there jts already off cause he done painted a horriable pic of me which no believed once they realized i was his wife and mother of his kids and it all started down hill from tbere before the night was over i told him that we only had two choices we either learn to leave the past in the past or or we were going to file divorce and have to learn how to be the best co parents no inbetween he seem very wasted and so where tbe others i drove two guys i new very well home my husband was suppose to fallow me and didnt so i walmed back a block and found not really in the rt frame of mind i couldnt very well let him leave in this state so i left my car and drove him to the home we lived in forever i got him to bed and was about to climb in bed when our conversation earlier poped jn my head about not just picking up where we left on but building a solid fresh start so i grabed a pillow and blanket and went and laid on the couch whjch was the start to the worst most horrifically worst nightmare ever. My drunk passed out husband has woke up and the xevil is in him for the next 5 hrs he drug and beat and asulted me physically and sexually broke 18 of teeth i never had chance he threatened me and luckly took me to a mutual friend and he went back to that place and by the time our friend opened the door i was fading out he rushed me to the er and that was only the begging of my embarrassement by the time our dfs worker showed at the hospital she walked in and rt back out i made the officer who was with me go get her and i asked her as removed just my back and arms for her to see where was his anger management now dfs was less then 2 weeks away from giving him guardianship i sd what if that had been one of our kids. No answer and then started the true hell i didnt want my mids to mnow what really happened but nope the new in mins sayi g how lied and all these horriable things and i didnt want them to see me like that i talked them on the phone and i did lots of counciling and when i seen the kids finally i had cut 18 in of my hair off because of all the hair he ripped out my kids went thru hell with everything they heard and it was so hard on them i moved into a shelter for my saftey from his family and cont to do good and by christmas was my truedt harxest test i was in the middle of his prelim for court i had my at that time 4 yr old son crying asking me to lie to the judge he wanted his dad for christmas it broke my heart cause he was devastated and he just didnt understand the next week i worked on trying to prepare myself to talk to the kids the best pg way i could cause everyone was talking not caring that the kids where rt there and i would complain to everyone but our old case worker just quit and the new one dose not like me at all and head jo wants to crusify me she hates me so bad as i finish talking with my kids while in family therapy my olds who at the time was 6 three days before christmas is playing with hotwheels i ask to join him he says yes and he looks at me and as straight faced he says mom why did you say you cut your hair so you and sissy could grow it out together when really daddy pulled it out i am lost and i pulled together and he sd did pull your hair out i sd yes about ready to ball and i thought we were done when he sd mommy did daddy bit you and break your teeth i am on the edge now and i tell him yes then he tells me how our home the only home he knows my kids our family knows he sd are brand new carpet in the living room the cops cut it up cause tgey say it had your blood all over did daddy make you bleed as tears ran down his face and mine i sd yes and my heart broke he is only six he should be waiting for santa and ready me a book called see spot run now telling me and asking me these questions from the worst night of my like after kids left the therapist pulled me to the side and toldme what a good job i did handeling that and asked what i could do my kids are to young to have to deal with that she sd i k ow it will be addressed atour next fst meeting and she asked how i could talk to the kids aboht there dad and they see happiness and love i sd i see another therapist besides my dfs and they have taught me ho to go to my memory bank and find my favorite memory and picture that bc i want my kids love there dad he might be my nightmare but he is not theres and my mids love there dad and they have already suffered enough and she praised me at my next fst for how i dont say notbing but positive about there dad even colored christmas cards and they took about 15 pic and i pd to send it to the jail for them she and my other therpist sd they truly think i am feady for them alone and a overnight i was on cloud nine for two secs the head jo showed up late as i was politely asking no begging that his family stop running there mouth abiut what happened because it was mentally tearing my small kids for a month this was my complaint bow.could they have my best mids interest at heart if they were emotionally and horriably allowing all this he sd she sd and 90 present was lies and all nasty negative about me and nothing was done i am fixing for trial not including this horriffic nightmare i am trying to sort and be the best i can for the kids head jo tells me absalutly no alone visits with my kids untill i get a pyhc evealuation done bc they are scared i am going to get on to them and see there dad and hurt my kids absalutly milled me i would never hurt my mids and i am seei g a private tramua councler to help me and they pull this 2 days before christmas broke my heart and killed my spirits and i am doing the pimanary hearing and my best friend love of my life and now nightmare is staring me down but i stood my ground he was denied bail reduction and i was trying to get my kids when the head jo cut me down again my first over night was going to be my daughters 3rd birthday had a bug party planned out the shelter helped me i was to pick them up at 330pm and got them till 330pm the next day i was grabbing my purse smile ear to ear and i was telling my councler and very special lady who had been backing me helping me and encouraging and preparing me the best she could how to help myself and my kids because we all needed help however we cooped with it and still be a family for once i was so proud of myself i could truly see me winning this fight and getting them back all by myself i had never been more proud of myself then tbat moment as i am getting ready to leave another lady who works there hollers for me to hold up my dfs worker is on tge phone she puts it on speaker and i fell to the floor i just dont understand her and the head jo are on the phone telling me i cant have my overnight that i have litterly worked all summer and now its jan i am in tears and i asked what i did wrong and i am told the other judge not even my judge has ordered no dfs kids are allowed to stay at 5he shelter and the lady who runs the shelter snappes i am crying its my daughters 3rd bday and she is waiting and the kitchen and living room space decked all out and they are telling me how its not safe because they dont know who is there or what kinda background and i am crying now twice they have screwed me and the main girl there called her body a lawyer to talk to thejudge cause its not fair all bc tve hippa laws protect every girl in there and he is pist cause he wonts to know a buddy of mine filled paper work at the courts to see my judge to ask him to allow me to have my kids there i argued my butt off and the main reason they dont know if the kids are safe and what everyone’s back grown he hates the shelter and humiliates anyone who testifies against some he litterly s ares women worse by making testifiy in details what happened to them in front of a whole cull court room. So i see my judge i tell hjm how there are cameras everywhere and the head lady sd that ic something where to happen she would hand the tape over and i askex how tbey could justify this but i can take my kids to walmart and or McDonalds both places hier connvicted felons and can not discriminate against crime and tbats okay but place secure with camaras everywhere womt do and if someone did come in with a bad backgroud she will tell you we got to many kids and just move to a diffrent location i was denied i was told sry the other judge done passed i cantpick in choose i cried that judge seen me in the hall way and sd dont give up i really did want to help you. But have you ever heard the saying you dont crap in your own backyard he sd it will start a craziness thinking i am soft he will get mad cause i am stepping on his shoes. You see i sd its not fair cause the only ppl hurt are my 3 kids and killing my spirit i sd you have always helped me crom the beg. When no one else would they made me into a monster and i lost my life my family my world and cant even do right by my mids cause if i am not at the shelter i have to fear for my life on getting hurt by his family for standing up to him and making him pay my family is 200 and something miles away and dfs painted such a horriable pic of me and bad i was my family cant even talk to me they think i am no good something and they think i made it up what he did to me cause i didnt tell my family i felt ashamed and no girl wants her dad to see her like that i was alone and wasnt giving up i got a overnight job seen the mids as much as i can finally found a place to rent bc i had found new friends and was starting a new life worming on getting my kids and so many ppl stept in to help me and i met someone who not o ly lovez me vut backs me and supports me but has tought me how to protect myself and kids and how to make it on my own i still have trial we are gearing up for he gkt a new lawyer no one had my new addresss cause i had heard thru the greatvine that the old juvenile lawyer quit and is now working for this lawyer who dose not like me and he is also representing my friend i tell this guy cause we are seeing each other that he is representing my soon to be ex and i went to pick him up from court and this lawyer of my ex and his are walking out the courthouse and him how he knew me told him my real name and and that i was trouble i coumdnt believe it and sd they would never speak of me again about a month later my boyfriend gets a text asking if i am still around and then says i am snittiching I couldnt believe i am doing good and fivhting for my kids when meracuasly a lady shows up with a sopena rachel the kids grandma has hiered the old jo lawyer and filling guardianship of my kids and no body had my address and no body but one detective and crimez.victums new my address filled the same day i had to go to the bod reduction hearing on my ex and imminently to the guardianship hearing he got hisbond reduction and he was told he was not to be whithin 1500 ft of me nor no activitys or function in the town i live in and his lawyer sat there a screamed before a word said my address and where iived and nobody new where i was i couldnt belive it i rush to next ckurt room over and was a few mins late a got in trouble from judge and dfs sd i hadnt done nothing to vet them back and they didnt gurn nothjng of what i accomplished in and gave gaurdianship to her and the very next day the let there dad see the kids while he waited for trial and his charges read rape domeztic assult and sodemey there grandma wont let me see them sd i had to go thrpugh dfs who i cant get them allow me to do nothing with my kkds yet he is not suppose to be around them acckrding to dfs and he lives with them and takez them around his girlfriend who has 4 charges in dangering the welfare of a child and cooking dope and siged her two kids around i know this is alot but i need some help and nobody will please i am begging someone to help me thank you and god bless

Dear RuthAnne,
      You really need a lawyer to help you. Try legal aid or law colleges that have law clinics. Call the State Bar Association and see if anyone is taking pro bono cases involving DFS.

8. RuthAnne Fainter says:

Please i am begging someone to help me please and thanm you

9. Heidi Hunt says:

I am looking for an attorney in California who could help my uncle who has already served his sentence for a wrongful conviction of child molestation clear his name. He did not commit the crime and also was beat so severely while in prison that he needed plastic surgery. There was tons of evidence not admitted into the court record that would have made it impossible to get a jury to come to a Guilty verdict.

Does anyone know an attorney who could handle both helping him clear his name and start a suit against the California prison system for not protecting him in prison?

10. Yuri says:

My brother in law has been falsely accused by his 16 yr old niece of sexual molestion he is in jail for aggrevated child molestation he is not guilty how do u recommend we go about here on? We hired a lawyer spend thousands of dollars and he did not do anything.

Dear Yuri,
      Call the office to discuss what is and is not being done. Our number is 419-865-0513.

11. Elizabeth says:

Hi my name is Elizabeth. My father is currently locked up and has life due to false accusations. I got taken away from my parents at the age of 8 and was put in CPS Along with my siblings. In 2002, my father was charged for sexual abuse to a child 20 yrs for each of us) and 10 yrs for endangerment to a child since he burned my brothers arm. The question is, my dad got charged for something he didn’t do which was sexually abuse us. He didn’t abuse any of us and I’m trying to do something for him to get him out of jail since I’m one of the victims to which he got a lot of charges for. But it’s been 15 yrs since the case been closed. What can I do? Please help me.

Dear Elizabeth,
      Call the office to discuss what has and has not been done yet. Our number is 419-865-0513.

12. A says:

I need help. What started as a simple mod of alimony has warped into something obscene.

My ex wife made it clear that she would be going for a change of custody and would be using my depression against me. I attempted suicide. Her lawyer got an ex parte order taking my kids. That was 4 months ago and still no full hearing.

My oldest daughter idled on anxiety meds a month after the court stopped my unsupervised visitation. The judge refused to allow me to visit her in the hospital. I got hope in May when a magistrate ordered my ex and her lawyer to allow weekly access to my daughters-i have no lawyer because I am broke- and then everything became so much worse.

My daughter’s therapist filed a mandatory report of emotional abuse. Then 2 weeks later claimed that my daughter told her that I sexually abused her for a decade. I am being investigated by DCF and most likely will be charged by them. I am innocent, but what does that matter. How do you prove you didn’t do something?

Dear A.
      Make sure your lawyer for the DCF case is protecting you regarding potential criminal charges. It sounds like you are being reactive not proactive. You can call us and I will be happy to talk to you about more specifics in your case. Our number is 419-865-0513.

13. rosanna says:

I need help. my nephew has been wrongfully convicted and coerced into confession by law enforcement in a small town. pleae call me.

Dear Rosanna,
      I removed your phone number but did call and leave you a message.

14. Marilyn Minnetto says:

My daughter has two children ages 8 and 4 and they live in Redhook, NY. The children’s father is the chief of police of the town that he grew up in and knows all the judges, lawyers and family court law guardians. They were never married and he refused to help her pay her car payments/car insurance when they had their oldest daughter. She came to live with her father and myself for the first two years and since then they have lived in Redhook. She got her degree and works in a hospital where she met someone about a year ago. She explained to him the situation and he took an order of protection out against her for his kids. The oldest girl has been interviewed by her law guardian and told her that her Dad has been crying and telling her what to say. She also told the law guardian that she wants to see her mother and wants to live with both of them. My daughter was forced out of her house and away from her children, except for supervised visits with my sister, and now her current lawyer has informed her that she has to start paying $500.00 dollars every two weeks to him. My daughter just wants to see her kids and she doesn’t care about support. Her lawyer’s reply to my daughter’s comment about just being tired of fighting was “You haven’t even begun to fight”! Just because my daughter had children by a man who happens to be a chief of police why does his conflict of interest have the ability to change my grandkids/daughter’s lives?

Dear Marilyn,
      Sadly, the connections of the father of your grandchildren will make the battle much greater. If I had to guess, there will be conflicts and communications that your daughter’s lawyer will never know anything about. I hope mom’s lawyer is an aggressive advocate and not a negotiator! It is going to be a very expensive battle and I expect it will continue to arise until the youngest child is the age of majority! I hope your daughter’s lawyer is not counting on the GAL report to save her. I am not a lawyer but as a consultant in these cases I would surely be suggesting an immediate response to try to balance out the playing field.

15. Nicole Landers says:

Hi my brother Justin was falsely accused of child molesation and the person who a cused him told me he didn’t really do it at all.the judge just went by her word and now he has to have a tether on his

Dear Nicole,
      Did you share the information with your brother’s lawyer?

16. Monicaa says:

When I was 15 my boyfriend at the time was 20 , they reported it and a detective came and talked to my parents and him and me , my parents told him they were okay with the relationship so they didn’t confirm it and we thought everything was okay , i turned 16 my boyfriend moved in with my parents and I got pregnant , 4 days before I had my baby they arrested my boyfriend charged him with sex abuse 3rd degree , what can I do ? He was the only one that helped me out now I am on my own is there anything I can do to help him he really wants to see his baby boy and I don’t know what to do

Dear Monicaa,
      Call our office and talk to us. Our number is 419-868-6016.

17. Candence Coleman says:

It’s. Been. About 3 year. Since. Cps. Took. My. Grandkids. From. My. Daughter.. My. Daughter. Notice. My. Granddaughter. Leg. Swollen. Take. Her. To. Emergency. Then. After. They. Took. X-ray. The. Told. My. Daughter. My. Granddaughter. Had. Multiple. Fracture. With. Some. Was. Healing. After. Less. Then. 6 month they. Took. My. Grandkids. Nothing. Was. Wrong. With. My. Grandson. But. The. Took him. Too. Her. Vitamin d. Level. Was. Low. No. Bruises. On. Her. But. They. Still. Took. Her. Perential. Right. Away and. Adopted. Them. Out. Never. Checking for. A. Defienency. My. Daughter. Was. Young. With. 2. Young. Kids. But. She. Was. A good loving. Mother. Too her. Kids. .The Justice system. Never. Gave. Her. A chance. She. Did everything. CPS. At. Her. To do. And. They. Had. Her. Believing. There was a chance of. Reunitification. There. Was. No. Charges. Filed. Can. Any. Helps. Us. Aleast. Understand. What. Happen to. My. Granddaughter and. If. There. Any way. We. Can. Open. That. Case to. Prove. My. Daughter. Didn’t abuse. Her. Daughter

Dear Candence,
      Sadly your story is more common then you think. If the children have been adopted and it has been more then a year, I doubt there is a way to undo it. You can call a family court lawyer to confirm it legally. We are not lawyers so we can only tell you from our experiences. Your daughter and grandchildren are the victims of a child abuse industry that has no accountability and that has the power to separate you and your children on the preponderance of the evidence with no one having any accountability for their lies and exaggerations!

18. VANESSA C RIVERA says:

Hello i have been through the most devastating time of my life im 26 years old i have 3 children my oldest is 10 and i raised them on my own up until i was evicted january 21 2017 and was forced to accept my mothers offer to live with her, she and i were never a nice mother and daughter bond she hated me she abused me as a kid and failed to report the case my stepfather molested me and kept him around even after i told her. Well i was lied to she stole 5000 dollars from me and kicked me out to the streets and took my kids from me and then when i tried to see them she assaulted me and i called 911 and police get there and i tell them everything and thry didnt believe me because she accused me of being a low life drig addict which in the governments eyes are the scum at the bottom of the planet and ignored the violence she caused infront of my kids and jnstead issued a battery report and a emergency order of protection when k never had touched her she followed up with the city attorney and got criminally charged all along she filed for guardianship behind my back did not notify me of the fact that she was hiding her plan of using the protection order to keep me from getting my kids out of her home and then she claimed i abandoned my children and was no where to be found no body listens to me i feel worthless and stupid i am telling the truth and all along i am ignored and my relationship with my kids is now strained i havent seen them in 4 months im not allowed to call i even sent my partner to give them some shoes and toys and my mom went back to court made false acusations again and got a temporary restraining order against him stating she fearee for her life because he had a gun and he even video recorded it but again since i have no money for a lawyer and am being portrayed as a monster on court documents i dont even get to be heard in court shes my mother and all this over greed she uses my kids medicated them and is now receiving ssi for both kids and als welfare and was given section 8 to live in for free all because of my kids which was her plan from the get go. I dont know what to do anymore i have fought as hard as i could and its pointless i am under so much stress and depression i cant do this any longer i feel like why even try anymore in aug 14 is the permanent hearing for guardianship all based on lies and i have the proof but like a said nobody even cares i tried i study day and night to gain knowledge on how to defend myself and fight for my kids, my son even contactee me informing me hes being hit and mistreated and i called 911 they did notbing all because she act like shes ill and poor her shes on a cane and caring for her grandkods she must be good people. If only they knew the horrible mother she is to this day stealing from her own daughter, and using her grandkids who she never even wanted over her house because she claimed they ate too much and i didnt give her any money for her food. Im done trying i think itd time for me to let go of my children and grieve their loss and try to find a way to live without seeing them again

Dear Vanessa,
      Were you appointed a lawyer? You can try going to any law college and see if they have a law clinic where you might get help. You can call the bar association to see if anyone is accepting pro bono cases. Sadly, when you are poor, there are not a lot of options. If you need to walk away, you can put up a web page where your kids can find you when they are no longer with your mother. Keep the documents so you can show them the lies she has told. Write to your kids individually in a separate journal for each child and tell them about your day, good or bad and that you thought about them each day. When you and your children reunite, you can show them you love them and thought about them every day. There have been many dads who have had to do this very thing after being falsely accused of sexually abusing their children in divorce custody battles.

19. james hudson says:

my wife has been arrested and accused of giving her daughter her dose of methadone on purpose by the police, her older daughter, and younger daughter father. my wife always dilutes her methadone by pouring it bin a bottle of juice after she mix the medication she sat it on the coffee table sat on the couch and fell asleep her 10 year old daughter woke up seen the juice on the table and drank it. the daughter then went into a coma for 2 weeks, it was a terrible accident. the police question my wife twice I told her not to go without legal representation but she didn’t listen my wife was arrested and charged with assault in the first degree and risk of injury. we accept the risk of injury bur not the assault one. we need help. cant afford a paid lawyer. I need to know is there anyone that can help us. My wife name is S.A.H.we live in new haven ct. my wife is currently incarcerated at york C.I in niantic ct

Dear James,
      What a terrible accident. Public Defenders can be very good lawyers. Unfortunately when you cannot hire a private lawyer your options are limited. Public Defenders can get funds from the court if needed for experts. Also in cases where pleas need to be worked out, public defenders usually have the better relationship to get that accomplished.

20. selena says:

most likely this will be screened and deleted OR perhaps this website COULD either publish the info “stand alone” or provide working links to another website as the info IS CRUCIAL starting with NO INK SIGNED WARRANT SPECIFIC FOR WHAT THEY WANT = no entry REGARDLESS of their threats and the importance of “getting the truth on record” AND THE RECORD IS YOUR COURT RECORD AND AS THE social workers and ad litems HAVE their PROVEN TRACK RECORD for stating and filing FALSE FABRICATED ENHANCED testimonies AND the fact that at a HEARING YOU WILL NOT GET A WORD IN as the damage is already DONE-
    YOU MUST FILE A SWORN AFFIDAVIT OF TRUTH AND GET YOUR OWN CERTIFIED COPY etc AND DO IT IMMEDIATELY.
    THERE is a lot people can do, and get done while ATTEMPTING TO GET LEGAL REPRESENTATION .

Dear Selena,
      There are things that people can do without a lawyer but not everyone is able to do so. What works for one does not always work for others. Your “no entry” suggestion no matter the threats in most cases will be foolish in our experience. Court orders and verbal warrants are easy to get and that does not help the situation. Having witnesses if possible and recordings are much more useful. Again there are times when you might be right but it is not anything that should be recommended in all cases.

21. Colleen S Baker says:

My name Colleen and my son’s name is John, he has been in prison for 5 yrs.now, from being faulsely accused by 2 Young 10 year old girls back in 2012. One girl was his girlfriend’s daughter the other one was the daughter’s friend. They were doing something wrong in his girlfriend’s daughter’s bedroom, my son yelled at them the friend went home and told Mom that John was trying to make her touch him. After he got coehurst in signing his life away, I found out the two girls lied. I told the lawyer, my son’s girlfriend told the Da, they did nothing da told my son’s girlfriend it was too late. When is it too late for justice? , I’ve been trying to figure out how to get my son released but nobody’s helping me or listening to me. I’ve written to the Head da the judge and even our mayor. And I have not gotten any response, other than one letter that is telling me that I have to write to the Onondaga County District Attorney’s office about the situation. Which I have already done before even writing to the judge. my son has tried to write to innocence project but some how it didn’t get mailed, he wrote it from jail.I’ve wrote to them but they returned with…Johnny has to write to them only cause he was the accused. I have paid the lawyer $3,000 way in the beginning to start his case and he got Johnny out on his own recognizance with probation Johnny had to go to a class which he forgot to go to and that’s when he got arrested for missing the class. The lawyer said he wanted $28,000 to keep working on his case but Johnny and I didn’t have it. I even went up to the university to see about a pro bono and all I got is the runaround. I don’t know what to do, my son has been sitting in prison for 5 years for something he didn’t do we have a letter from his girlfriend but she didn’t put the date on her letter for when it was written but in it you could tell it was written back in January of 2013.And she wrote in the letter that she is sorry she didn’t prove his innocence cause of CPS threatening to take her kids away if she agreed with Johnny. There’s a lot more to tell but I know you’re not a lawyer you’re an advisor and I understand that trying to help and give advice so please give me the best advice you can give me that I haven’t already tried. Thank you for listening, Colleen

Dear Colleen,
      Call our office and ask us for the name and number of the Kingston lawyer we know. He may be able to give you some suggestions. Our number is 419-865-0513.

22. Hello says:

Cps came to my house to ask me an my 3 children to take a drug test so I did 2 weeks later they came back to house an said me an my child tested positive for cocaine I know I would fail because I was at a party while my kids were at a family member house over the summer my first time using but I know an the good Lord knows I never had any type of drugs around my children so my son came back positive an the other 2 came back negative my son that’s came back positive was on 3 medication at the time my caseworker never came with a warrant to remove the children they did a investigation an on me an never told me bout it the police never contacted me seem to me they would contact if my child cam back positive I never receive a court hearing or a treatment plan but I offer to do drugs class n parenting classes which I completed right away I received a file for appeal 6 months later cause it went to the wrong address on purpose so I didn’t get the chance to prove on my son behalf the reason why he fail I received my tests results after 8 months of my children being removed an I begged my caseworker for 8 months an call the supervisor for months an when I got ahold of my test results my son test didn’t add up on the date when me an my children took the test I know for a fact my son never had any drugs an his system my caseworker keep sending my court papers to the wrong address on purpose I feel like my parenting rights were vailded an I can point out on my son test results that it’s was false I suppose to get me a public defender soon I just hope my public defender a good one because I can’t afford a private attorney but if I’m right an I know I’m right can I sue cps

Hello,
      Good for you to going to drug & parenting classes right away! It is always better to be proactive then being court ordered. You are at the mercy of the public defender and the courts for getting your kids. As far a suing CPS, good luck! This agency has a lot of immunity that comes from the state and federal government. I wish you the best.

23. mike townsend says:

We are in Louisiana, My step son of 12 years old was charged with rape. The victim was my 9 year old grandson. My daughter pressed charges on my step son for touching and supposed kissing in the private area. Both children have mental issues, step son is ADHD and on strong medication, my grandson has autism. the lawyer we have is a public defender and seems useless. my step son was found incompetent for trail 2 times and the judges continues. my step son wont admit to the crime and says it never happened. what can i do to fight this, it has ruined our family.

Dear Mike,
      I have worked in Louisiana and it has some strange rules. Call me at 419-865-0513 and we can discuss the situation.

24. Tiffany says:

Hello I live in Ga, my ex boyfriend that move to Florida have history of aggravated assault to women want to be his kids life which is 7 and 9 year old girls. He have been away from his kids for like 6 years. Throughout them years in 2015 he went to jail in Florida for aggravated assault to a woman. He now say that he is a changed person, but I know he’s not. He pretend very well that he a calm and nonviolent person. But I said yes you can be in the child life for their sake. Even though I don’t want this man around my kids due to his ways. But anyway after 6 years of no contact with kids had moved from Florida back to Ga to be near his kids. Time he come back this man want to threaten me with emotional and mental child abuse to the kids, which is false allegations. His reasons is because he want shared custody, he don’t want to pay child support, and he upset cause the kids don’t want to talk to him or be around him. He claim that I have brainwash the kids to not like him which is not true. I told him the kids just been away from you so long that they really don’t know you, is why they don’t want to talk to you. This man don’t understand that, he insists I been brainwashing them so he want to take me to court for mental and emotional done to the kids, which again is false accusations. He been back in Ga since the middle of june2017 he have only seen the kids on the weekend about 10 times. What should I do?

Dear Tiffany,
      I would call Legal Aid in your area for advice. I would also keep a calendar of all contact he makes with his kids. If your kids are really distresses about seeing their father, check into community mental health professionals to help them deal with the situation emotionally.

25. Tracy Flores says:

July 12, 2006 DCFS LOS ANGELES CSW reports state, ” They came across Ms.Flores and her children by Mistake” As Csw met with MART TEAM in locating 40 to 45 people warranted for Drug manufacturing Law Enforcement crossed my lawn heading towards the house of my neighbor when he looked into the Mother’s home (Mine) and saw a man in the window with a GUN” and arrested a man named “Bad Beaver” who had a Warrent for meth use and an open DCFS case. (FABRICATED)
    What the reports should have said was,” CSW met with MART team today working with Law Enforcement in locating 40 to 45 people with warrants for Drug Manufacturing (my Neighbors) whos presence of a CSW were already required because they were also Fostering a child thru the DCFS And as LE crossed my lawn and head towards the home of the warranted neighbor, officer looked thru the home of the Mother and saw a ” Man in the window with a “TOY GUN!” (that my 4 year old daughter played with while officers with weapons drawn crossed only 4ft away from her before a woman in my home took the child and walked her in the house right before she handed the TOY GUN to her husband Bradley Beaver who was standing in the window of my home as he curiously watched the activity taking place in our front lawn. Bradley Beaver/Brad Beaver-“R”in Brad = “Bad Beaver” according to DCFS Fabrication.(there were No arrests made in my home and No Gun taken in for evidence because there was No Gun & the only arrest made was that of the abscounding warranted neighbor wanted for Drug Manufacturing who was a Foster Mother. The Foster child remained in her care i became the target and my 8 Children were taken from me without a Warrent entering my home violating several of my civil rights as well as my children who were wrongfully and illegally seized. 7 years Later targeting and retaliating on my daughter and her children after discovering i was caring for my grandsons blackmailing me to surrender my oldest GS Aaron in exchange for my daughters freedom who was then arrested for contempt of court for not giving the whereabouts of Aaron due to ignorance later releasing her with a court order to go to the PD avid file a false report against me fir kidnapping and also seized her 5 day old newborn as randsome with the threat that unless I surrender Aaron will his baby brother then be adopted out immediately as a result. Attorneys, advocates Court Bailiff all agreed the Judge was acting in retaliation and with prejudice against my family for fighting back for my rights. Placing my 8 children into 25 different foster homes within the first 2 years as a result of on going abuse in Foster care leaving my children deprived of their God given right to family and sibling deprivation splitting them all up separated by adopting causing my 4 older chikdren to become suicidal, runways by 14 without proper education and placing my 4 younger daughters in the hands of continued abuse buy their adoptive Foster Parents (2 families) leaving my 2nd to youngest daughter to suffer with “Autism as a result of their wrong doings. Crucially causing damage too a family whom was Feircley Bonded and severingbthat bond causing extensive damage to the Mother and her children who have now reunited 11 years later discretely imformimg me of the constant abuse they have battled by Foster Families & their adoptive families, terminating my rights and severing a feirce bond between Mother& her children..

Dear Tracy,
      Call the office 419-865-0513 and we will try to make a referral. As I have said over and over again, CPS has a great deal of immunity and it just depends on if the case at hand can get around it!

26. thomas timmons says:

my grandchildren were taken from my daughter 2 months ago bu dhr in anniston alabama my grandson who was a month old had a bruise on his rearend thr size of a quarter but spread down his leg my daughter took him to the emergency room because when he was born he had a hole in his lung and she thought it might be due to that dhr was called and they took him then they took my granddaughter because she had mosquito bites that was over a week old on her back the bruise on my grandson was gone in 4 days dhr will not let anyone see either of my grandchildren what can i do?

Dear Thomas,
      Your family needs a lawyer. Medical cases with infants are difficult and you need to have someone helping you that understands the motivations of the medical professionals involved. Call the office if you want to discuss the situation 419-865-0513.

27. Paul says:

My wife plotted to leave with our 15 month old daughter when I was gone. Her mother from another state called the local sheriff and indicated she was being held against her will and the baby was in danger. She wanted the sheriff to take her away and she would meet her half-sister from a neighboring state to take her and my daughter out of state. The deputy was obligated to take her to a shelter or DSS. The shelter was obligated to file a report and my wife came up with a lot of garbage that has no physical or other evidence. She indicated I threw things at her and beat our daughter leaving marks on her a few hours. I only allowed our daughter to ear pureed food. I yelled at her. She tried to get a Domestic Violence Protective Order and the judge rejected her. I got an Ex Parte Emergency Custody hearing. CPS got involved. My attorney told me to take 4 hours a week visitation for now and let CPS complete there investigation and find the charges are baseless. He says then we will go for full custody and sue her. I am not comfortable with this and do not trust CPS. They have not done anything that are required to do by this states manual. My wife is trying to break the bond between my daughter and I and her. The CPS workers I noted to them and my lawyer I use to work against these people when I was a counselor. I was an advocate for children. No one seems to think there is a conflict of interest here. I am wondering if I need a new lawyer. My lawyer seems confident but I am not. My wife has changed her phone, taking money out of our account, and I have no say in our daughters care. I am not provided any information about her health and well being though no CPS court case has been filed or anything. I am worried because if they decide to try the allegations my wife does not realize she can be charged also. We both could be charged based on false allegations. Suggestions.

Dear Paul,
      I am not a lawyer but I believe it is always better to be proactive not reactive. Lawyers continually say take the reduced visitation and see what CPS will do. I do not understand this if the allegation is false. If this is a lie your wife is harming your daughter emotionally by her actions. But what do I know! You can call the office 419-865-0513 to see if we have a lawyer referral in your area.

28. Meghan says:

In September 2016, I was working for a group home that housed disabled youth. At the time this was a job I had been doing for 10 years. I was notified by my employer during a yearly review that another employee had accused myself and several other employees of smoking pot with the kids. I offered to give a UA to prove I had not been doing this and told my employer that I had never witnessed any employee do this. My employer informed me they did not need the UA and did not believe I had done this. To protect myself I went and had the UA done anyway. A couple weeks later this same employee wrote a letter that was turned over to CPS, in this letter he again stated that myself and several other employees were smoking pot. Because CPS was now involved I was immediately taken off of the schedule and told to contact the CPS investigator ASAP so I could return to work. When i contacted CPS I was informed it was a matter for law enforcement and until law enforcement was done investigating they were not allowed to start their investigation. I spoke to a detective, who only asked for information on another staff member, who was being investigated for abuse on a child( I was NOT on shift when this incident took place). The detective ended the interview by asking me what I knew about the staff smoking pot. I informed the detective I did not partake in that activity (I live in a state where it is legal) and could provide multiple clean UAs. That was the last I heard from LE. Several weeks later CPS finally interviewed me. They read me my statement that I had given to LE and asked if I had anything to add. They informed me they had spoken to both kids in the home and multiple staff members. They informed me they had reports of me calling one of the kids names. I denied this due to it being completely untrue. They asked if I had ever hit the child in question. I again told then I had never hit him, or hurt him in anyway. They then informed me that LE was looking to charge me with 2nd degree assault on a child. They asked if I had been notified by LE of my charges, I told them I had not. End of Interview. A couple weeks later I received a follow up phone call from the CPS investigator. She informed me that they had just spoken to the child( wait you told me you ALREADY spoke to him before the first interview?) and the child was now claiming I had choked him at some point. The original staff member who made the original report was also collaborating the child’s story. I Explained to the investigator that that was impossible due to the fact that I did not work the same shift as that staff member and all she needed to do was pull time sheets and schedules. I also asked her to interview the staff that I did work with. The investigator did none of this and the case came back FOUNDED. I am in the appeals process, and have been able to read every interview CPS did along with LE. I was NEVER contacted again by LE. The original staff who made the allegation told CPS he could not give a date, time, or any specifics on when the abuse took place. The child has a documented history of making false accusations while in foster care in an attempt to go home. I’m at a complete loss as to how my case came back founded. I haven’t been able to work in a year due to this.

Dear Megan,
      I hope you are talking with a lawyer to protect your rights. It is easy for a report to be founded and hard to get them overturned but it can be done.

29. Brian Fischer says:

On 2-16-17, my two oldest daughters, 12 & 14 at time, were abducted from their school by a Childrrns Division Investigator without a warrant, Court order, Hearing, notification, or investigation. Later that night, she went to my youngest two daughters mothers house, who was watching them while I worked, along with Jefferson County Sherriffs and abducted my youngest two daughters, 3 & 6 at the time. I had called my oldests two’s school after they did not get off their bus. The school gave me the investigators phone #, I repeatedly called her all evening and night leaving many messages. She returned none, refused to answer and ignored my calls. Even while she was taking my youngest two while I was on my way to get them. She gave no reason why, said she didn’t have to and too many reasons to list to my girls mother. I am a single father with full custody of them from 2-2016 till 2-16-2017. I called repeatedly next morning, she, Kelly Hodge of Jefferson County mo. Children’s Division, Investigator, finally answered around noon that day. She refused to tell me a reason why they were taken, said “she didn’t have time for this”, i asked if she was refusing me my right to know, she said too many things to list, again said she didnt have time for this, gave me her supervisors supervisor’s phone # and hung up on me. Around 1pm 2-17-17, my 40th birthday, the supervisor informed me that the charges were for child neglect. No specifics were given till the firsy FST meeting where i received a report prepared for court following meeting. In her report, she states no food in the home as a reason, and states in her report. Then states “some chips and cheese found in home” as only food in my home. She never entered my home. She never came by or even talked to me before this. I had talked to her on phone a few days before, she repeatedly asked me offensive questions in an arrogant condescending tone like if I had food, if I had water, if I had electric, if my children ate, if I bathed them, etc. All to which I answered yes. She never came by. Stated in her report my electric was off for over 5 days. That was another lie, my electric was off for 1 day a week or so before this due to my pregnant daughter (19, not in my home) getting arrested for an overdue traffic ticket and I used electric $ to bail her out, was a gap of about a day between disconnect and my pay check. My oldest stayed w a friend that night, my 12,6,&3 y/o’s stayed w me that night, we used camping heater when there to sleep at night only. She stated that my 12 y/o was malnourished,  weak, and unhealthy. That was again another lie proven by the dr examination done after custody was illegally taken, all reports showed all of my daughters in perfect health, zero issues of any type. She stated in her report that it was important to call my 12 y/o a boys name and refer to her as a him. This was against my explicit disapproval. My 14y/o had called me the day of abduction at 11 am and had asked me to change her schools. I told her no. She has a history of lying, manipulation, stealing, etc. She was sexually abused years before while not in my care by her cousin on her mother’s side at her grandmother’s house on her mother’s side. She has had many issues since. Children’s Division Investigated and got a partial confession, but took no action. He got away with it, they did nothing to this day. Again, part of her issue, and our problems. She was out of control around February, I had called Juvenile in December. They never returned my calls. She was supposed to go to a supervised living facility back in October of 2016, children’s division changed their mind, thought it might be harmful for her. They asked me if I would take her back in my home, I said absolutely.  But I couldn’t give her the help she needed and she only got worse. On 2-16-17, she made some report to her counselor after I refused to change her schools. She needed to accept responsibility for her actions, lying to kids, stealing, manipulation, etc. Not run away. Well, Investigator Kelly Hodge found her a placement in the school district she wanted to change schools to. A well off couple that bought her a new wardrobe, new iPhone, and spent a lot of $ on her. Good people, not their fault. Their heart was in the right place. 14 y/o had just stolen $900+ from her former teacher by stealing her bank card info. She had done that to me 2 times since 10/16 for at least $400. Possibly $500+. Kelly Hodge placed my 12 y/o w a teacher who supported transgenderism and started calling her a boy name, cut and dyed her hair, and bought her boy clothes. My two youngest stayed w my sister and bro in law. Judge Shannon Doughtrey refused to give me a 1 day continuance to get a Lawyer, and refused all evidence I presented. My phone bill. The dr exam. My electric usage bill. I gave the teacher 14 stole $ from’s # to entire team. I asked for drug testing of 14. I found pipes and she stole alcohol from me, bought sex toys w teachers card. I presented sex toys, packages addressed to teachers name and my address. Linda Grebe, supervisor, openly lied in first fst meeting about 14 case history, called me a liar. Bill Dodson GAL refused all info i gave him. Judge refused all evidence, and ordered me to take drug tests. I provided a clean drug test, otherwise I would not have been allowed to have my two youngest back. Then, judge said she wanted supervised drug tests and hair follicle test or they were taking my youngest again. Hair follicle and urine showed some thc. Nothing else. Late 7/17, 14 was kicked out of placement for lying, stealing, suspected sexual encounters, stealing alcohol,  etc. 12 was moved to new placement after teacher tired of acting like she was a boy after 2 weeks, she was moved to another placement. I wrote the governors office about this, they reffered it to investigators office and an investigation is pending. Upon learning this, they tried to take custody of my 2 youngest 3 times in the week previous to 7/18/17. On 7/18/17 the team presented a screenshot of a vague text sent to 14 several weeks previous and declared it a death threat. Both 3 & 6 were moved to a foster home with 8 other children, most all of them, if not all are in foster care. Its a professional foster home. The judge signed off on it and did not recuse herself even though what they presented and said the meaning of the text was a clear conflict of interest. I was not allowed to defend myself. We asked for continuance to get my witnesses all there, she scheduled it for 9/18/17. 2 months out. Ordered me to have psych evaluation and therapy and therapeutic visits of 1 hour a week with my two youngest that I have pretty much raised since babies despite known trauma caused by separation between us before. Even caseworker had previously stated in this case the undeniable special bond we have. His words were “they have the closest and most special bond between the youngest two and their father that I have ever witnessed”. That is on court record, fact. Due to missed work and continued schedule of weekly events and meetings etc, I lost my job in March. I also lost my house and drained all accounts. Drained all reserves of scrap etc I save for Christmas, and sold many tools. I’m flat broke in a 2 bedroom apartment. I made over $80,000 last year, lived in a nice 5 bedroom house in a nice neighborhood. I was there 2 years or so. Had a nice play set for the younger 2, big back yard. Fire pit, etc. I’m not rich, nor was I poor. But I am now. I was proud of what I accomplished. My divorce was to be finalized with getting false back child support off my credit in march. We had planned for months our vacation after taxes. Since 2/16/17, I missed 12 & 14 birthdays, mine was ruined, this judge took my divorce our of a different court and back child support case and added them to her court, so that’s still not done. Since 2/16/17, I’ve been allowed to see 12 and 14 for 2 hours and 15 minutes worth of therapy on 3 visits. I’m not scheduled to see them again till 9/13/17 for another 45 minutes worth of therapy, continuing every other week after. I have seen my youngest 1 time on 8/29since 7/18. The placement for my youngest is a professional foster care provider that is a single mother who has the maximum amount of children allowed, her mother is as well and also has maximum amount of children allowed. My 7 year old daughter has told her mother that placement is mean to her and spanks other children there. At my therapeutic visit my daughter answered questions oddly from therapist and both the therapist and myself noticed her itching her butt. When asked by therapist why she kept itching her butt, she said it was nothing, she had poison ivy on her butt. My daughters were dirty and wearing clothes 3 sizes too big. 7 had her shorts twisted in a ball at waist in back with a rubber band clinching the ball up.Both 7&3 cried and begged and pleaded to go home w me when visit ended. Placement was indifferent to them and did not try to comfort them. That placement had asked if they were sexually abused during the last FST meeting on 8-18. She also alleged she observed signs of sexual abuse. My daughters had been in her care for a month at this time. It was the first time anyone has ever stated anything like this about my 7 year old. I requested a dr exam and for my daughter to talk to a therapist to make sure nothing had happened. At my visit, she again stated this to therapist. I became more concerned, alarmed after observing this woman and my daughters behavior at visitation. I again requested this be checked out, but didn’t get a reply so I called the county director of children’s division and expressed my concern. The case worker emailed me later that day and stated that my “aggressive false allegations” cost him time on my case and others. Now, my visit got cancelled next week. I have a civil rights claim placed w the state and grievances filed with county both under investigation. I have to get my girls back home asap. They are being traumatized. Please help me in any way possible. I’ve written a lot of letters to whoever I thought could help. I’ll take advise on what I can do next or any type of help I can get. Please help us.

Dear Brian,
      First things first, no judge will give you the kids back if you do not have a home, food, clothing, toys, etc including financial stability. No one is going to apologize for what they have done and you not being “together” can be used against you without anything else. After you get it together then worry about the civil rights claim. It is very hard to sue CPS. I am not saying it is impossible but it is very difficult. Feel free to call the office for a potential referral to a lawyer in your area. Our number is 419-865-0513.

30. Maureen says:

I’m in Massachusetts and have a very good friend of my family in need of an attorney in the state of Florida. He was convicted 10 years ago and was sentence for life in prison.

His family move from South America to Boston hoping to be closer to the rest of the family and also came to Boston seeking for help to see how they can get him out of jail. He did not have the representation he needed at the time of his trial and was not advice of how to file for a appeal. He was accused of molesting his step daughter whom at the time was 3 1/2 years of age.

The family hired an attorney that disappear with the down payment and later requested an attorney from court. Neither attorney ever showed any interest in proving his innocent and the first attorney did file in court for an appeal but never paid the fee neither follow the appropriated steps to help him. For these reason he cannot file another appeal again.

Please, if someone can call me and let me know how can I get help let me know..

Dear Maureen,
      Give us a call 419-865-0513. I am very familiar with Florida law and I have worked with some very good lawyers there!

31. Adam M says:

My name is Adam;
    And I have a friend who is in their late 20’s (almost 28 to be exact) and was resently accused and served with a letter from his local DAs office of sexual abuse to a minor, about 16, 17 years of age, and the alleged victim and parent had taken him to get a rape kit done, later alledged charges are dropped by them; but now he has to go to court for alledged sexual assault for apparently touching the alledged vitims’ penis.
    This being a here-say would charges be dropped if there is no physical evidence

Dear Adam,
      The answer is no. If someone is saying your friend touched his penis that is all that is needed to bring it to court. Do not think someone cannot be convicted on the word of a complainant only.

Give your friend and/or his lawyer our number 419-865-0513.

32. Trish says:

Hello i’m Trish in need of assistance my 15 year old has accused us of child abuse ETC. We have proof that oir daughter was in therapy an decides she didnt want to go anymore and by law she has a right because they keep telling her she has a right to chose ive shown the child advo center all my paperwork the detective close there case because NO EVIDENCE the caseworker well thats what she represented herself to be but after speaking with her supervisor he informed me that shes investigator for dcfs NOT a caseworker she went as far as to verbally abuse me which i inform her supervisor that i had to start recording her an i have this on tape please i can go on and on i need help My daughter is bipolar and have ptsd odd Please help

• Trish says:

Even with the detectives saying no evidence this dcfs lady wants to indicate ONLY upon what my kid is saying

Dear Trish,
      Call the office to discuss your situation and where he is in the legal process. Our number is 419-865-0513.

National Child Abuse Defense & Resource Center

33. My name is Kathy H I’m writing about my grandson J. D. W. he lived in Sayre Oklahoma and his stepdaughter accused him of touching her she had lied and month prior to that about a boy in school anyways he went and the police station and they had no proof no with no nothing bad nothing it turned out for two years they just sent him to wackenhut here in Lawton the prison here I just need somebody to really truly help us we need help really bad and I mean I don’t know what to do my heart is just breaking I mean he’s lost everything his son his home his car he’s lost everything due to this little girl

Dear Kathy,
      Call the office to discuss your grandson’s situation and where he is in the legal process. Our number is 419-865-0513.

34. Yvette Vink says:

My son has been put on leave from his school as a coach. The administration said they got notice from civil services that he’s being accused of some type of misconduct from a former student. We live in Southern California. Do you know what the next steps are? Should he get legal council? He’s only 24 and this false accusation could ruin his career. Any advice or direction would be most appreciated.

Dear Yvette,
      Any time someone is accused they should seek the advice of counsel. These are career ending allegations and sadly the allegations come with the threat of a lot of prison time.

Call the office to discuss your son’s situation and where he is in the legal process. Our number is 419-865-0513.

35. whizkid says:

My brother was falsely accused of touching someone in a public restroom at a restaurant when all he intended was to look for his mom who stayed behind and might had gone to the restroom for being ill. He got a public defender and the entire case was orchestrated to play off his guilt of being there. They said footage never showed his mother on camera and nobody believed she was ever there. The cops also got an audio recording where he talked about his being at the restaurant before they arrested him. The case is so messed up when it went to trial the jury just refused to believe any of it and voted guilty. At sentencing we feared the worst and it was hard on the poor guy since he only saw himself as innocent. The judge gave him 6 months county jail and 3 years felony probation plus restitution. He’s got no job and now a criminal record. But worse than all this is the requirement to register as a sex offender for something he did not do and was based solely on the victim’s family’s testimony.

I picked up as much as I could during the process and apparently california pc647.6 (a)(1) doesn’t even require any touching being involved or any DNA testing to prosecute! It does require that the actions be “motivated by an unnatural sexual interest” and the alleged victim’s mother testified to that end that “he was watching my daughter the whole time”. Which is hearsay!

When the weight of the accusation is this great nobody can defend themselves. I have been helping my brother try to reason with the fact that the law just wasn’t going to let him go without something since he was there. I was greatly relieved a when he was only sentenced 6 months jail time. Who knows how a better lawyer would’ve handled this, unfortunately all the family could spare was used for the outrageous bail before his jury trial. I’ve always been an anchor of support and I try to keep things in perspective that there are other cases far worse off.

But this is beyond us as a family.

Dear Whizkid,
      Your brother is lucky to you as his anchor. If he was convicted by jury he should have the right for an appeal. Sadly the registry is far more difficult and debilitating then the jail sentence. Help him every way to follow those rules.

Call the office to discuss your brother’s situation and where he is in the legal process. Our number is 419-865-0513.

36. Anonymous says:

The system is completely broken and this can happen to absolutely anyone!! My husband was recently arrested for sexual assault and risk of injury. The troubled daughter of a long time friend accused my husband of assaulting her. We saw this friend around the holidays, and her daughter slept at my house one night a year (if that). Two days after thanksgiving last year, there was a knock at the door. It was DCF and a detective from our local PD. An investigation was done by DCF on our own daughter resulting from the complaint and both girls went through a forensic interview. DCF cleared our home and my husband when it came to our own daughter, but ruled substantiated when it came to my friends daughter. The confusing part is that DCF did not find him a danger to be around children and did not require that he be placed on the central registry. Almost one year later the police showed up at my door again and my husband was arrested. After my husbands first court appearance, we were able to look at a copy of the warrant. I expected to see some sort of evidence or some revelation that I was not aware of. There was nothing. On the advice of counsel, we did not give an “official” statement to the police, but the detective who wrote the warrant did a nice job of capturing what we told him the night they initially showed up. He even went on to say that he felt we were being truthful and explained how he determined that. They even summarized the forensic interviews. Again no surprises there. The next thing that jumped out at me was that the warrant was signed 4 months before my husband was actually arrested. Why wait so long after the warrant was signed to arrest him? Our town is not that busy. Shortly after the arrest, my husbands name, our complete address, and list of charges was posted in the local paper. We are surrounded by families with young children just like ours, except my husband has now been publicly accused of being a predator in the police blotter of the paper. So much for innocent until proven guilty. Apparently that doesn’t apply here. His job that he has been with for 10 years does constant background checks depending on what type of work my husband is doing for a particular job. He had no choice but to tell them he had been arrested as it is possible for the arrest itself to show up in a background check. Because of this, he has now been put on paid suspension. So based on the accusation of this troubled little girl, we have been publicly humiliated, my husband may lose his job, and we are out thousands of dollars in attorney’s fees. We are now going through the very early stages of the pre-trial process. There is a strong possibility that if it comes down to it, my husband will have to accept a plea because we cannot afford to go to trial without putting our house up to get the money to fund that. So our options are, take a plea and admit to something he didn’t do which could prevent him from getting a job OR go to trial spend another $50,000 or more in trial fees with no guaranteed outcome. Only now we have another $50,000 debt to pay off if we can even get our hands on that much money. And if he does not fair well in court, I am left to pay off the extra debt while trying to raise my youngest daughter alone. So in addition to being publicly humiliated, job loss, and out thousands of dollars in attorney’s fees, we also may lose our house? I understand that these cases are given extra care and why, but while such great care is given to the alleged victim, NO care whatsoever is given to the family of the accused including his young children. My daughter may possibly be ridiculed at school in the coming weeks and our lives have been completely turned upside down. I keep waiting for someone to come to their senses and look at the warrant and say “THIS IS RIDICULOUS” and thrown it out. Sadly, that day doesn’t look like it is coming. There has to be a better way.

• admin says:

Sadly you are in the same position as many. It costs nothing to make a false allegation but it takes thousands to defend. The decision to plea is personal for your husband. The only thing you want to know before doing that is whether any plea will put him on the sex offender registry, what are all the conditions of being on the SOR and if he takes a plea can he come home AND/OR can he have contact with your daughter.

Call the office to discuss your husband’s situation and where he is in the legal process if you like. Our number is 419-865-0513.

37. Daniel Laque says:

I have been falsely accused of molesting my grandkids, I went to court and was found guilty, but under oath cps and some other guy lied and the judge knew it, but yet the prosecutor told the judge I needed to be found guilty and she did, there was no proof or evidence of any wrong doing, there is more to this then just that,, but its hard to write it down, would like to hire another attorney but I already spent over 55000 dollars, please help..

Dear Daniel,
      Call the office to discuss your situation and where you are in the legal process. Our number is 419-865-0513.

38. Nikki Mann says:

Please help: my husband was falsely accused, tried, and with no evidence besides a testimony, convicted of a crime that never happened. We asked the judge to order a physical and he denied the motion, seemingly to set up amd cover up this horrible miscarriage of justice. He was just semtenced to 25 years and the brand new states attorney literally said she was using my husband as an example. She lied several times and called people to gather information to be prepared for our defense. The Innocence Project camnot help because there is no physical evidence, DNA or otherwise..there is mo evidence at all. Her motive was that she (my niece) has an undiagnosed attachment disorder bjt she and her brother were living with us as our kids (they called us mom and dad). I was teaching at the local university and my husband was working full time. Our evenings were dedicated to family time. We were all happy. I had a mental breakdown that happened gradually but resulted in an envireonment unstable for the kids who had had trauma in their past and my husband wanted them to have the most consistent and stable environment possible. My niece didnt want to go. She was upset and angry. When she arrived to her new home, she complained of not belonging, not friends, jealousy of her brother, a lack of attention from her new parents. Then the communication stopped and a few months later we hear of this accusation. All of her statements were proven false at trial. No investigation was completed of any kind beyond an interview of my husband, then 5 months later, with no evidence-new or old, they arreated him. Please help us. We are intelligent people who fought a corrupt system and lost. We need help and guidance. Thank you.

Dear Nikki,
      Call the office to discuss your husband’s situation and where he is in the legal process. Our number is 419-865-0513.

39. CHRISTINA COTE says:

My 38 month old granddaughter was coached by a social worker expert witness into making a false sexual molestation statement against my son.She has NEVER displayed the behavior the social worker stated,and she has been in my care since infancy,also hospital saw no signs of any type of abuse.the social worker works for the police department and this is all she does,what can we do,it never happened.my son was active military and now is serving a 20 year sentence.we spent $55,000.00 on lawyers but is was hard because we were out of state.He never molested his child nor any other child or person.

Dear Christina,

40. Brittany hardy says:

My boyfriend was wrongly convicted they had no DNA no evidence but they still convicted him and the probation officer is causing problems what can I do I am lost?

Dear Brittany,
      Call the office so we can discuss where he stands in the legal process. Our number is 419-865-0513