The Falsely Accused and Attorneys who represent them

This site is dedicated to those who have been falsely accused of some type of child abuse and for the attorneys who represent them.

The National Innocence Project has exonerated, based upon DNA evidence, hundreds of persons who were convicted of atrocious crimes including capital murder and/or rape. A large number of those persons had confessed to crimes they did not commit. Considering that most cases of child abuse do not involve DNA evidence, one can only guess at the number of people in prison that are innocent. The fact that a person has been accused or charged and, possibly, convicted of the crime does not mean that they were guilty of the crime. There are many reasons for this phenomena that are touched upon in this site.

In the large percent of sexual abuse cases, there is no physical evidence or eyewitnesses. Medical exams are routinely “normal”. Yet, people are still convicted based upon a complainant and hearsay/vouching testimony by so-called “experts”. Especially disturbing are the cases where repeated, penile pentration was alleged, yet the medical exam was “normal” with what is considered an “intact” hymen.

In alleged Shaken Baby and other alleged physical abuse cases, there is seldom a search for an “equally competing hypothesis” for causation of any injuries. In most cases, the presumption is made that the injurie(s) were non-accidental and therefore must have been inflicted by someone. What is not commonly known is that in many of these cases, there is a gigantic dispute among medical experts as to whether a particular injury was accidental versus non-accidental or whether there is some non-abusive cause of the condition or injury.

The search for the truth regarding a child abuse allegation involves “The Law, the Science, the Myths, the Reality”. No one wants a guilty child abuser to go unpunished. On the other hand, there is a sentiment in the general public that it is “better to err on the side of safety” which translates into that “it is better to convict 10 innocent people to make sure we get the one guilty person”. That is, unless they are the person accused or a family member or friend.

Justice can be served when people educate themselves on the issues involved and let reason, rather than emotion, rule the day. We seek justice not only for real victims, but for those who have been ajudged a child abuser when they have not abused anyone.

This entry was posted in Blog, Homepage. Bookmark the permalink.

1,246 Responses to The Falsely Accused and Attorneys who represent them

1. Stephanie Starks says:

I really need some help for my 22 years old son. His girlfriend and mother of his two children has accused him of rape because he wanted to end the relationship. She has already put him innjail twice for false domestic violence claims that were dismissed. He is a great father and now is about to lose his good job because of this case. She is addicted to Percocet pills and stole his money out of his bank account the night she reported this happening. He now has an active warrant and is just devastated about the whole thing. She keeps trying to contact him and he is not responding. She states that if he apologizes she will go drop the charges. This is always her threat when he tries to end the relationship that she will call the police and put him in jail. We really need some help. I am a social worker and I do not make that much money however, I will put up everything I have because I know the truth that he didn’t commit this crime. Is there anything you can do to help us?

Dear Stephanie,
      Call the office at 419-865-0513.

2. Stephanie Starks says:

3. Shelly says:

I have a friend who lost her parental rights to two of her children. She was at the time of her court case unable to afford an attorney and was given someone from legal aid to defend her case. The original reason for them taking custody of her newborn son was that it was said that he had drugs in his system upon birth of the child. This was later proven to be untrue and a total lie on behalf of CPS. For three years she fought to regain custody of her son and they later took custody of her daughter as well. She was court ordered to take parenting classes, (which she did) and other classes (which she did) repeatedly, upon finishing each class the Cps worker told the court they “didn’t feel that she benefitted from the classes the court ordered my friend to attend. There are other factors in the case such as the sister of the childrens father was who they signed over custody of the children to. She (the aunt) was paid thru the state to care for the children and would often not allow the mother to see the children and eventually they had to meet at a dhs offices for visits. It was also found out that the cps worker and the aunt had a relationship during the court case. Bottom line, my friend did all that was asked for her rights as a mother to be reinstated but because of the constant pushing of having to take classes again and again she lost her parental rights due to time rather than the charges. What can she do. The court refuses to look at the paper from the hospital stating that the child never had drugs in his system at birth. There is also a newer issue as she did become pregnant during the trial, and gave birth after losing the rights to the other two children, cps is now trying to take custody of this child as well. The child actually lives with his father in Ohio but they were here visiting with the mother for the week. What can be done not only with the current child but with the two who are still being fostered by the aunt who cant afford to adopt the son and daughter.

Dear Shelly,
      Your friend should call our office at 419-865-0513.

4. Aerielle says:

Hello,

I am reaching out in hopes for help from any one. I am truly at my last resort.

My boyfriend has been falsely accused of continuous child abuse of a child under the age of 14. He was arrested a year ago and his trial date is coming closer and closer. We paid for a lawyer but could only afford a lawyer who didn’t know what he was doing. This is a very very delicate situation and since we couldn’t afford another lawyer we resorted to a public defender. His 75’000 bond was revoked because the bonds man “thought he was going back home(out of state)” without permission. This is completely false. He had no intention of fleeing since that would make him look extra guilty. We’ve contacted and fought with the public defender to get his bond reinstated and it’s been two weeks and they will do NOTHING! They have scheduled appointments that they have not shown up for. It’s a constant diappoinment. We plan on requesting a new public defender when his court date arrives but in the mean time I feel helpless. There’s no evidence against him besides word of mouth. He has three kids two boys and a beautiful 8yr old girl. And another on the way, my first. His mother lost the house in trying to pay the bond. We have all been stretched financially. He has A clean background and a good job. We’re at risk of loosing everything. Please help!!!

Dear Aerielle,
      You can call the office to discuss the situation. Our number is 419-865-0513.

5. Askia says:

Need a lawyer story is very complicated will say this much my voice speaks for the women who are afraid, worry and discourgement along with the fear that dwells inside their souls I’m Askia and I have a story just like many others.

Dear Askia,
      You can call the office to discuss your case if you like. Our number is 419-865-0513.

6. Heather says:

Can someone please hear my story I’m looking for the right lawyer that’s willing to take on my case and sue CP’s now they came in my home in 2006 before they was even called on me my son had ADHD I been gotten him some help by the best doctor in the whole state of nj and she would ask for blood test when she put my son on medicine cause of weight gain to give him the right dosage anyway the division was called to my home and this woman seen it was no abuse in my house my kids was well taken care of this woman and her supervisor would call me and harass me saying how they going to make my life a living hell but my son doctor told the division of youth and family services the mother is cooperating with me she brings her son in to all his appointment’s on time she takes him to get all his blood work done like I ask her to she said in black and white don’t not remove this child from his mother or its going to be a long line of problems I had all my paper work when that dyfe worker took me to court and lied and said I wasn’t cooperating with her to this nasty judge and I raised my hands and said I have paper work my son got the best help I don’t need dyfs can you look at my paper work he told me No shut up put your hands down I’m not looking at nothing he let this get out of hand that worker couldn’t take the case anymore so I got a different worker and its been the same thing how they lied on me this one woman cmo worker Ruth klinky how she was giving me paper work I was never supposed to have telling me when we get to court they was going to lie on me she would meet me off the clock to give me this information then she said this not right but she to turns around and lied on me they said I neglected my child by not giving him his medicine when he had a doctor before they came in my life then they turned it around and said I had my kids dirty that was a lie then they said I rand with my kids out of state when it came time to removing them they didn’t have me in court they called me by phone which I didn’t hear the judge order no warrent..they took my kids from me put them in the adoption unit had me locked up four months over something I didn’t do they all laughed at Me the workers who took my kids is my cousin on my father side but to make a long story short they had me in hand cuff wouldn’t look at any of my paper worker everything they accuse me of doing they end up doing it they made me take a plea I said no y’all didn’t look at any of my paper work they through in ur face while you in hand cuff if u don’t take this you will never see your kids again so how do you plea I was told to say guilty but I said guilty with an explanation he told me I couldn’t do that or his guard’s will take me back to the jail and I can kiss my kids good bye I never been on drugs don’t party nothing I was always a good kid but the whole time I got out still couldn’t see my kids I’m fed up cause as a good mother I felt my kids wasn’t right my son when I finally got to see him would come to the visit with black eyes knife cuts on his back but in those visit’s they want you to be supervised you can’t touch your own child I did any way and seen the cuts on him my daughter as well hair was never done when I told the judge what came out his mouth was so dyfs got them I couldn’t say nothing cause god had my toung two days later we had to have an emergency court date the group home my son was in this grown man beat the day lights out of him that same man sexually abuse my son but they had no plans on giving me my kids back I would get calls on my kids that the foster care was getting calls on them abusing my kids they stillhad my kids so at that time I got pregnant carrying my youngest daughter I’m heavy so they couldn’t tell so they had me see these psychological doctors who help dyfs lie cause this one doctor was the cause of it all too dr. Chester sickafoose they all said I can’t care for no kids they said I had the signs of someone on drugs and that I could never care for a kids I would call these dyfs workers they all request I stop calling nobody return my calls I would have dreams on my kids like they getting beat up and when I go to see them I was right but any way they took things from me messed up my name they kept my son out of school for four years his education level is messed up and he’s now 15 and I’m still going through it I want them to give me back everything they took they tore my family apart now that I have full custody they don’t want to help with no tutors nothing I’m still going through it with my son no support nothing the group home my son was in now I see why they wouldn’t let me see my son or even know where he was at they had me down in they paper that I was on drugs and I didn’t want my son and this what they telling him but when I had my youngest daughter they all looked stupid cause that’s when the judge realize they was lying and so was they doctors but they took from me and my kids the whole thing they falsely accuse my character destroyed my life and my kid’s lifelife now if I was wrong in this case why fire them workers who had part of thus case and dyfs keeps getting called on me they still taking things from me but won’t give my son the help he needs my kids to my youngest daughter got tooken ..to but not for long cause a social worker called me send me proof the people who had her was fighting around my baby had drugs and guns in the home she for someone reason when you yell or talk loud she balls up and cry and scream to this day she don’t like to sleep with the lights off but I need justice served people say this a good case but nobody wants to take it I need my life back me and my kids if a lawyer or you know of one that’s willing to get paid when we win that’s willing to help I don’t have an income like I used to do to the division can’t get a nice house or apartment I want justice

Dear Heather,
      Sadly we do not have lists of free lawyers. Due to the immunity most lawyers are cautious because it is very very hard to sue CPS. Call the state bar association to see if anyone is taking this type of case pro-bono.

7. Erin says:

I need help because I really don’t know what to do. 4 years ago, I was living in West Virginia and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Shy’Ana. 6 months later, I had a police officer stop me while I was walking to the store (It was a tiny town, everyone knew everyone). He said there was a social worker looking for me and I needed to wait there so she could talk to me. She met me at the store and we talked for a few and she told me that someone had reported that I was abusing my child. She came to do a home visit and saw there was nothing wrong with the home and told me she would be in touch. She sat in the living room and talked and laughed with me and my daughters paternal grandmother a few minutes more. A few weeks later I moved to Kentucky to be closer to my family. I told my social worker about the move and she said she had to let the social workers here know about the move and that they would be in touch. A few days later, my new social worker and a police officer showed up at my dad’s house to take a look and make sure my daughter wasn’t in a bad place. She said everything looked great and that she’d contact me if she needed anything else. I then decided to move to my grandmother’s because my dad’s apartment was to small. I called and left a couple vvoicemails to my worker who never picked up the phone. I get a call from her a couple days later saying we were going to court and didn’t tell me why. I go to court and meet with a different social worker because mine was supposedly fired for reasons I do not know. She told me I was being charged with child abuse/Neglect but to avoid jail time, I could plead down to child dependency and give temporary custody to my grandparents. We went to court 3 more times after that and every time, she would change my case plan after I completed it. Finally, I find out from my lawyer that I’m going back to court one last time to give all rights to my grandparents because I failed to stay with my caseplan. I was devastated. My question is what can I do to fight this decision and get my child back?

Dear Erin,
      If your rights have been terminated I don’t know if you can do anything. You need to talk to a lawyer who is looking out for you. You also need to ask the lawyer if there are any appeal avenues available to you.

8. Suzanne LaDue says:

Please HELP myself and my daughter
    I have multiple concerns and have video and audio recorded calls and letters Id love to discuss with an attorney. My daughter and I to be clear are in complete agrreance regarding our case. I am a mother who does not drink do drugs my house is spotless I have no history of abuse nor mental illness. I have video and audio of misconduct…severe misconduct on the part of DHS in Manitowoc County Wisconsin.

Suzanne and Faith LaDue

9. Maegan says:

I need help with my case they’re using my past as evidence and my lawyer I fired even though weighting a letter to the judge because I wanted an appeal done in time after disposition they uses hear say from my 8 yr old 7 at the time about my past because his father wanted him to his father called 9 times Dcs left and met up with me in a county over at a gas station and made a public seen I’ve requested for a year now for that video since there basing it from that day officers in question on that day they brought in to testify against me they testified on my behalf they have kept my kids from me because I’ve been fighting the case since the beginning and the judge wouldn’t let me fire my attorney for not returning calls or emails so I made a public scene the day of court about him being a bad lawyer and he withdrew himself from my case then they appointed me a lawyer who doesn’t do apoeals now I have a new lawyer court appointed I have not met with him but they closed the case in my oldest after two weeks of opening when it was his father that wanted it opened and he already had custody and they took my youngest away I made every visit for them to make me have supervised visits and then because I had to rely on transportation from them for supervised visits they then again in turn took my visits away and I still haven’t gotten my son back when Indiana states it’s illegal to coerce a child against the other parent yet Dcs allowing broke the lawand uses my child to bring up the past and then they used trick tactics on my family to get them to say they know I smoke weed but don’t around the kids I leave the house while they watch them so why did I lose my kids?? Why is this case still going on and why won’t no one help me fight them I am not afraid to stand up for my rights I am not and will not back down and be walked over my a government agency bent on taking kids that don’t need taken and worry about taking the ones that do they have taken not just my kids but my family and parents can’t help because I’m not allowed there and without my family’s help I am left helpless I need help!!!

Dear Maegan,
      Like I have said previously, when you fight the courts and CPS you need to find a lawyer to will protect you. If your lawyer has a superior in the office, reach out to that person about your complaints.

10. Rhonda says:

Hi, Like many of the storys listed mine has some of the same issue falsly accused. My son was born with polyst disease. Spent 3 weeks in the hospital here in eugene oregon, then was taken by ambulance to dorenbeckers childrens hospital. Stayed there for a month ish. He would eventually need a kidney transplant. By age 3 he recieved a kidney transplant. Now i have allways thought and my belief is that as a parent you are that childs advocate. So i asked questions . To my disbelief do you realize doctors do not like to be questions, but yet as a parent you know your child better then anyone in this world. Moving ahead,
    starting in 2012 my son would throw up for no appreant reason. This happened over a 6 year period back and fourth to the hosp to the pedis office after test after test wrongly diagnoised put on more medication. Ect. Was looseing weight in the process. All i wanted was help from the doctors that took an oath to do no harm. Well my son ended up having to have a g-tube placed for overnight feedings. Which is fine helped him get nutrition he so desperately needed. But he still throws up and they said it was eating disorder he needs therapy sent him to a therepist suppose to specialize in eating disorders for a year and a half say Reagan who mind u was affliated with dorenbeckers childrens hospital come to find out she wasnt a eating disorder therapist she was behavioral. Mind you i have taken my son after this to an actually eating disorder therapist to be evauated nope he does not have this nor does he need therapy.
    It gets better doctors and my x husband called dhs and made a complaint of medical neglect on me. Saying i was medically neglecting my son. My x husband and i seperated and he filed for divorce and to try to get out of paying child support ect he called dhs. The doctors and him and dhs railroaded me and my son. I was founded for medical neglect and the dhs case worker at the time handed me papers and i quote right in front of my son and my place of business stated the only way that we can go away is we need to go to child court. My son was taken away from me for 2 months and i barely got to see him when it was stated on founded i asked for a review of the case in the timely manner no response from them also i have asked again no response. My attorney that was suppose to be helping me dhs asked to for the review. He didnt help at all he waited over a year for dhs to close the case before getting divorce finalized. I have sole custody of my son and he is back home with me now. But we need assisstance i do not want this to happen to another family and its time for action because my son now 15 still we have to go to dorenbeckers and still throws up. WHY i dont know. The trama my son has endured and still it is happening are you kidding me 2 months ago a certain attorney was suppose to take a look at the case and presume with it. To no regard i know there is statues to limitation. My son and i need a attorney who is going to work for us and not against us because he is freinds with my xhusbands attorney. Another plot. Thanks for listening.

Dear Rhonda,
      Call the office to discuss the situation and to see if we have a referral for you. Our number is 419-865-0513.

Exec. Dir
      National Child Abuse Defense & Resource Center

11. I am the sole guardian and mother of a six year old and a the year old boy. Due to the traumas of my own childhood I am a very protective and aware mother. I have studied child and clinical psychology and intend on obtaining a degree in the field and possibly advocate tree for children as well . Recently I lost my home and was forced to move in with my mother who I moved from her house and into a camper with my children who had been alone with her for two weeks while we cleaned and moved and prepared for our children to be toned with us in a calm and loving environment whereas my mother’s gone was hostile and abusive. Upon picking up my children they were in years literally for days because my mother had tons then she was going to raise them and they thought they would be apart from me. I live my children. When asked about his grandmother my the year old baby boy who is the sweetest most gently child in the world days”my Nana is mean to me” and my daughter and son started she slapped him in his mouth and spanked him on numerous occasions. My mother is violent but hides it well in public. She called DFACS on me and fairly alleged that my children were in danger. I complied with their visit and the young girl started that she saw nothing that have her the impression my children were being mistreated on any way and when I asked what I should do differently she stated stay away from your mom. My mother since then had called and now I received only a MISSPELLED text from the case worker staying myself and fiance needed to Congress in for a drug test and she’d be around next week. I am in awe of the ability of psychotic people to rob others of their Children. I am a better mother than most and have countless of charter witnesses that I can provide who can undoubtedly t attest to my character and add to what kind of a mother I am. I refuse to have my name drug through Mudd and my emotions tortured as a last ditch effort of my mother to hurt me. What can I do to have this costs and my name expunged?

• There are so many errors I am sorry. But I would cherish some advice.

Dear Andrea,
      CPS normally sends a letter with the substantiated, indicated or unfounded listed. If it is anything other then unfounded there is usually a time-frame to appeal administratively. If you miss that deadline it is really hard to appeal. Contact a lawyer for appellate remedies in your state.

National Child Abuse Defenses & Resource Center

12. Katie says:

Hello looking for some help. October 12 2016 I went to work like a Normal night ( I work night shift at the local ER) and left my 2 year old and 4 yr old at home with their father as I do every night that I work. While at work I got a phone call saying that my 2 year old fell down my steps and was unresponsive. Now mind you my steps are illegal in my home, I rent. We life flighted her to a local children’s hospital and had found out that she had an internal bleed on the right side of her head, a bruised adrenal gland, a broken arm and Retinal hemorrhage mainly all on the right side. The following day while in icu a doctor had come in and said that she did not believe that my 2 year old had fallen down the steps but that she thought my child was shaken. Two days later came back and said well maybe she did fall. My 4 year old who was home at the time has been saying the baby fell down the steps in her own words and what she had seen. All my child’s injuries are all on the right side except a broken arm but it was a clean break, not a spiral or a dislocation fracture. Where we’re at now they have yet to charge my kids’ dad, they took away his supervised visitation and require him to take anger management in which he has started and the psychologist that did his psych eval said that he didn’t see any thing wrong with him and that there were no anger problems as far as he could diagnosis but set him up for the anger management classes anyway. He has a great attorney but without charges being filed yet there’s nothing that he can do other than filing to go Infront of a judge to get his visitation back. The DA has been saying charges will be filed for the past 3 months and we haven’t heard anything yet. As of right now I do not have my children they are placed with family. I was not home and my children’s father does not live with me but I completely feel like this was a false accusation and I am scared he will go to jail for something I completely feel was a false diagnosis on my child. My child has no neurological defects and has been completely back to normal just weeks after being in the ICU. What more can we do to prove his innocence? Are there any specific groups or doctors you could recommend to get a second opinion on our baby or legal advice as we move forward?

-Katie

Dear Katie,
      Call the office 419-865-0513. These cases are complicated. As a consultant I go crazy when lawyers do nothing waiting on charges. Depending on the facts, sometimes there are things that can be done to head off the charge.

13. Mom on a mission says:

My son is currently serving a six year sentence on a attempted rape case where the eliged victim was less than a month away from being 15 and my son had just turned 16, they were at her moms house at a party, which her mom supplied the alcohol and pot, then left for the night. The girl leaned into kiss my son, which he kissed her back, they made out for a few, before it became heavy, as they started to ingage my son said he couldn’t go through with it, as he just ended a long relationship with his first love. He then left the party only to be arrested two days later for 4 counts of first degree rape, assault, penetration and sexual assault on a minor. They would later be dropped to 1 count of first degree attempted rape. The states evidence came back negative for any proof she was even touch by his hand. Yet the DA and his lawyer talked him into a 6 year sentence at a juvenile prison. Otherwise they told him he would lose the case and spend 25 years at an adult prison for sex offenders. Since he took the deal the eliged victim has told many people family and friends that she was not raped by my son, and that “pay backs are a bitch”. Please excuse the language. My son is coming up on his second look in September, is there anything we can do, anyone that can help or anything we need to know? Please help us my son is a good kid with a promising future in basketball and in his chosen career, both of which he won’t be able to achieve with an SO tag on His head for life. Thank you!

Dear Mom,
      Give us a call. Based off of some specifics you tell me, I may be able to make a suggestion or two. Recantation is not enough and we need to talk about that.

14. Chris says:

My son was charged with sex abuse 1st degree (victims were his half sister’s) in Oregon,after his father’s (my ex husband) ex fiance found out that he was staying at my apt per my boy’s request so their dad would die from injuries he sustained after fighting with his ex fiance and put his hand thru her windows, the victims mother had a problem with the father of my son (and victim) visiting with my boy’s and would retaliate any time he had anything to do with my boy’s, and when the father told her no about watching her children due to he was spending time with our youngest son She was not happy with the response and said “who cares about him and that he needs to be watching her children”, and a month later my oldest is accused of the crime. She had brought the victims to my home numerous time’s before my son was accused. My problem with the whole thing is the timeline, they said it was between 2014-2016, it was close to the end of 2015 when the accusations were filed, in 2013 they moved out of town and didn’t come back till sometime in 2014. My son was arrested on Jan 5,2016 because the victims had signs of being recently penetrated, the problem with that is the last time he was around them was March 2015, and the victims mother moved some where in town and my boys and I didn’t know where they moved to. His Public Defender did not have his investigator come talk to us or anyone like he said he would,my son is mentally disabled and has a IQ of 71, they scared him so bad with 25yr sentence that he took the plea deal without having anything explained to him and always did what his attorney told him to say and do,my son has learning disability and had a hard time comprehending things. This whole thing has confused me and want answers as to how can they get away with not doing a investigation to see if their is any truth to the accusations. Another thing every time the victim was in the courtroom she would wave and try to get his attention, she never showed fear towards him and always ran to him when she saw him years before they moved . None of this makes sense to me. Please help me and any information that may help him would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

• Chris says:

This is a continuance post with more info regarding my post above. I forgot to mention the mother of the victim had abused my boys when they went for weekends visits about 5 yrs ago,I was always tshe poisoned my boys and dragged my youngest son down stairs and across pavement , my boys were made to sleep in a room that was fully built, the roof leaked ,my kids were freezing in the winter,they came back home smelling like urine as well as their clothes , her kids were allowed to hit my boys and adult’s( she laughed when her son punched me in the stomach after a hysterectomy. I was threatened with jail if I refused to let my boys go to their dads due to we had a joint custody.Any time I said anything about it I was accused of making a big deal out of nothing. She would make their visits miserable and allow her kids to torment my boy’s to get them to stop asking to visit. When my boy’s complained about her kids hitting them she would get mad and say they couldn’t come over anymore. Her kids always accused my boys of doing something even if they were not even around them. It upsets me that she got away with being abusive to my boys for 7 yrs and my son gets punished for something that he did not even do? What is wrong with the Judicial system these days? I pray everyday that a miracle happens for my son and that someone would take the time to see where my sons case went wrong. I asked a few police officers as well as my doctor, if my son had not been around the victim for almost a year,that is it possible for the victim to have signs of being recently penetrated by him and they all told me that he was railroaded and because he was mentally disabled that he did not deserve to check facts to see if he was telling the truth. This was her way to get him out of his dad’s life and then she told lies to the father saying that my youngest was not his to get him out of his dad’s life. My boy’s were punished out of anger towards me. My oldest son’s attorney would not believe me when I told him that she did this out of anger towards me. My son (the accused) doesn’t understand why his Attorney did not try to prove he was telling the truth,the worse part is the attorney he had use to represent sexual assault victim’s. Please let me know if their is anything I can do to help my son.

Dear Chris,
      Sadly when someone takes a plea is limits what can be done. You could talk to a lawyer about ineffective assistance of counsel if the time-frame has not passed. When someone takes a plea it severally limits the options. If there are no legal remedies available you might look at your Governor for clemency but that is a true long shot!

15. Julie Tipton says:

Hello I am looking for help I have a couple different things going on and Stuckle and Associates gave me your web site since I live in Pennsylvania. I will start at the begining. In Jan. of last year my husband convinced me to take in his son on a home plan. In March of that year my husband walked in on him molesting my 7 yr old daughter, he is now in jail still awaiting sentencing. We had received phone called i didn’t answer, mail i turned over to the cops and in May a state trooper came around and told us a judge had contacted them that he put a price out on our heads because we wouldn’t drop charges. The state trooper (sadly i can’t remember his name now) told me I needed to get protection in the house, I informed him that my husband had a felony, he said he would go before the magistrate or whoever you have to go before so we could have a gun. So I purchased a pistol ( i have never had more then a parking ticket). The local police new about this one even handled the pistol and informed me it wasn’t a good one because that brand was known for backfire or something to that regard. Skip ahead to Sept 25th My son 15 yrs old has adhd,odd,autism,toretts borderline mentally retarded, major depressive disorder with psychotic tendencies and anxiety disorder to name a few, my daughters came down and said he had his pants down and was touching my 6 yr old. With everything that had went on with my step son I called the cops again. During this time the officer that responded asked my 6 yr old leading questions I even wrote them down, bribed her and my husband bribed her by asking her if she would like to shoot the pistol I told him no. The officer said nothing. He took her to the side yard, There is a big hill that my house sits against and let her fire a shot with his hands on the gun. Still the officer said nothing. I was angry with my husband because he knew I didn’t want him even touching my gun. We took my daughter to the Sane unit at the hospital when we came out said officer had his chief there and we were informed that they would have to charge my husband with at least the minimum for firing the gun but i wouldn’t get charged with anything, now this was back in sept. they took my girls to my mothers house. My son went into a shelter on Oct. 10 my girls came back home. Cys took custody i retained legal custody. My son is now in the SAY unit for sexually aggresive youth, and in order to move up a level they have to take poloygraph test and so on. He moved there in Jan. On Feb 21st I get a phone call informing me that my son has accused my husband his step dad has touched him sexually when he was six years old. This comes after we tell my son we can’t keep giving him money for his personal shopping days, because he isn’t using the money for what its supposed to be used for. In the month he has been up where we are we have given him between $100-$200 and taken him out to lunch. He has wanted my husband out of the house for quite some time since he got older and found out he wasn’t going to get his way all the time and started to push his size around. he is 6foot tall and 245 pounds. He has came after me to punch me to try and get his way. on Feb 22nd they came and took my girls away stating that now he was saying that i watched and participated on numerous occasions. I have never done anything to this child but try and get him help since he was 3 years old and every door I tried got slammed in my face because they said he wasn’t bad enough or he had to have been committed first and when he would get on a suicidal rage the hospital would say oh he is just acting odd. Then out of the blue on The 24th after my husband and I spend a good evening with the kids i came home to my home being torn apart and eventually found a search warrant on the desk they were looking for firearms. I finally managed to get my bed cleaned off to go to bed and they came again and i had a rifle pointed at me they took us both to district majistrate. no maranda rights read till we got there. i was transported by a male cop I am a female. thats was friday night today is tues i still have no feeling in the top of my hands. while in the jail they didn’t give me any of my medicine and i am diabetic have high blood pressure and some of my medicine is seizure medicine. I am being charged with two M1 and my husband a felony and endangering the welfare of a child. when they did the search warrent they didn’t find any guns in the house. why wait so long to do these charges? Now back to my son we never touched him and he is being told he needs to come out with stuff to heal the family so he can come home and I have no idea what they are pumping his head with let alone he doesn’t understand half of it nor the consequences of what he says. his story has already changed a couple of times from what I can tell and no one has even tried to talk to us yet. I am going to plead the 5th I am not going to allow them to twist my words around like have i ever changed a diaper then wiped his butt and turn that into something sexual. However I feel like everyone around here is trying to gang up on my family just to tear us apart all at once. I do not have a lot of money as my husband and I are both on SSI maybe they dont think we can care for our kids enough because of that I have no idea but I need advice or help with a good lawyer that would help me without costing me a arm and a leg because if i loose my husbands SSI I am going to loose the home we are buying and I will have no where to live. My SSI wont cover the house payment and bills I can cover one or the other but not both. So please if you are able any help you can give or advice would be Greatly appreciated. Thank you Julie

Dear Julie,
      I believe we have spoken. If I am wrong call the office to discuss the situation. The number is 419-865-0513.

16. Frank ramos says:

2 days ago my girlfriends daughter reported am incident that allegedly happened 5 years ago but on the report she said there was no touching in any private areas or anything like that at all , she reported I played with her and rubbed her back, stomach and apparently touched her butt briefly as I rubbed her back. I have received no call from authorities or anything . . what is happening.?

• Frank ramos says:

laid not played thanks. please respond

• Frank ramos says:

she is now 17 I believe she never wanted all this to actually happen because when unasked her when she said well I didn’t think everyone would act this way, I’m like really..? of course they would. so now I’ve heard nothing from the authorities and I’m living My day just waiting for some phone call. This is really taking a toll not knowing what to expect and why no one has called me

Dear Frank,
      Hire a lawyer for your protection and so you can be advised of your rights and what you should do or not do. You can call the office if you want to discuss the situation. The number is 419-865-0513

17. Frank ramos says:

my girlfriend said that she just made a real basic report, felt uncomfortable, never happened again. was 5 years ago. Never touched her private areas none. just confused as to what will happen now. She didn’t even want to make the report obviously it’s been 5 years but my girlfriends ex made her make her daughter report something if not he would on my girlfriend. all this is heartbreaking and scary. I’ve talked to her daughter and I think this just got blown way outta proportion because we’ve had a good relationship always now all this is being put into motion but like I said it was the bare minimum she reported, mainly just feeling uncomfortable

18. Dhs took my son. He has never been harmed are in need of anything. My name is Travis my son is Jayden. he has never been in danger with me at all. I failed a drug screen for weed but that’s all. Belinda fsw investigation lady took him. I don’t know much about email so call please. Thank you for your time. Respectively Travis.

Dear Travis,

You need a lawyer. The failed drug screen can cause great difficulty with CPS and you will need to see what the lawyer advises.

19. Tamara Wooten says:

Hello,
    My fiance was accused of continuous sexual abuse of his ex girlfriends son…. he did not commit this crime and he has been sitting in Jail for the past three months or so the woman finally came out and said he was not my fiance and someone else instead his public defender says she is out of town and we have to wait 1 to 3 months on in seeing if we can get him out. Is that that right? If the accuser the Boy’s mother came out and stated it was not my fiance why does he have to continue to be in Jail? Is there something I can do can you give ne advice on what action to take next so he can come home

Dear Tamara,
      What can be done depends on who the mother made that statement to. If the public defender is not paying attention to this information you might want to send a letter to the public defender’s boss. It will take the lawyer to bring this information forward. I am not a lawyer but as a consultant on these types of cases I suspect a lawyer will tell you that you need to be very careful yourself so you are accused of witness tampering!

20. Brandon Crossland says:

My friends ex-boyfriend is trying to use information about me and by information I mean charges that have to with meth and pills in his and her custody battle Can he do that since I don’t even live in the same house hold as her at all. I just do work for her uncle, and I don’t even do any type of drugs.

Dear Brandon,
      In custody battles almost anything can come up. If you are around the child, it might be an issue. If you are trying to help your friend as the lawyer if you can submit to drug testing to prove it is a lie. You might want to submit to a hair follicle test but I suggest you seek a lawyers advise first.

21. Leigh says:

I am not sure if I can seek help for my boyfriend or not. He is currently incarcerated in the Dallas county jail for crimes he did not commit. Here is an overview on the case. 1 year ago his wife has put her hands on him, blackening his eye, because she saw him visiting with another female at a CVS pharmacy store. Someone had saw him and ran back and told her about it and she showed up at the store. Needless to say she went to hitting him and the police were called. She was taken to jail on charges for domestic violence. He was not taken. He officially left her and moved out of her house in Dallas yet she was still contacting him and was upset that he left. She filed charges in January stating that he broke into her house and strangeled her and assaulted her. This was all out of vengeance because he did not want to be with her. The cops showed up and she stated that he hit her and abused her and he went to jail and was put on probation upon his release. They were both on probation and under protective order to stay away from eachother or that would be a probation violation. She has been calling, harrassing, and continuously filing false reports stating that he is trying to hurt her and she fears for her life. He hasn’t been around her at all. Also she filed the reports weeks later because she does that Everytime he leaves her. Now due to her lies in January he is currently in jail and looking at state jail time. They violated him on a probation violation but did not violate her. And they picked him up on a warrant stating that he strangeled her. She is known throughout the city for filing false reports. She has a boyfriend that she has been with off on between their relationship who has abused her and her child which is why CPS is involved in her life. I am the only who he has to try and fight for his release. He is currently sitting in jail on a 100K bond and the balls bondsman is requestion 7500 down and payments every two weeks. I work two jobs and can’t afford a bond. I don’t make enough money for an attorney to give them 3500$ upfront. The last attorney I talked to that’s what he wanted upfront and honestly I’m doing the best I can to support myself but I refuse to let him sit in there for something he didn’t do. He is not perfect and is guilty of alot of things but that is not one of them. Now a days it’s so easy for s woman to go into a police agency and file false charges and get away with it. Everyone can be a victim of domestic violence and it should be taken serious however the people accusing falsely need to be punished to the maximum. He has children that need a dad and they are away from him because of this after he just got out of jail again previously. Not sure when his next court date is but the state has already filed to revoke his probation but I am trying to get him some help so they can reinstate it . He cannot go to trial because he risks getting the maximum if convicted. But he does not want to plead guilty BC this is a second degree felony and will be on his record for life.

Please help. We don’t have much time, the state can pick up these charges and indict him and I am trying to prevent that. Please contact me ASAP!! I am in Dallas TX.

Please help!

Dear Leigh,
      This is not our area of expertise. However, you can call the state bar association to see if there are any lawyers accepting pro-bono cases in your area.

22. Donna says:

Hi, my My story is a long one which starts in 2007. So please bare with me.
    My son Aiden was born on 2/3/07 at 08.02 in the morning by Caesarian section a few weeks early. I had went the previous day to what was my last midwife appointment. My midwife informed me that my measurements were not right and sent me into hospital straight away. Where they did try to induce me but my boys heart rate fell so it was emergency c section.
    Aiden was born at 4 pounds 8 and had jaundice and a blueish purpura rash all over his body. He was in the sick children’s ward in maternity of the RAH hospital. I remember the first time I seen him after he was born and rushed away from me, it was several hours later before the anaesthetic wore off and I was allowed down. I instantly fell in love he was perfect and looking at him so vulnerable with his nose feeding tube all I wanted to do was help him. I was 18 at the time.
    Anyway about a week passed and when me and his dad went down to see him ( I was still in maternity) all other babies that had been in the room had been removed. We were very confused as all the nurse would say was the consultant would explain later.
    We waited for what seemed like hours, finally we were taken into the consultants room as he explained there had been a reason my placenta had stopped working and Aiden was sick. He had CMV. He then went onto say it was his first case of CMV he had dealt with and he had studied for 4 hours to even tell us what CMV was. He explained every child born with CMV showed very different symptoms.
    So what is CMV? At the time we were told very little information on it but I’ll explain exactly what it is.
    CMV – Cytomegalovirus is a virus that is like a common cold to most people it is only dangerous to infants and pregnant women. I’m going to insert a generic NHS explanation of CMV then move to the next part of my story.

Symptoms of congenital CMV at birth can include:
    jaundice (yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes)
    pneumonia
    a rash consisting of small, purplish spots
    an enlarged liver and spleen
    low birth weight
    seizures (fits)
    small head
    Some of these symptoms can be treated, but some babies will develop long-term conditions as a result of the infection.
    Long-term problems
    A small proportion of babies with congenital CMV (including those with no symptoms at birth) will develop one or more physical or mental problems at a later stage. These can include:
    hearing loss (see below)
    visual impairment or blindness
    learning difficulties
    dyspraxia (lack of physical co-ordination)
    epilepsy
    CMV infection is responsible for around 25% of cases of hearing loss during childhood.
    Hearing loss caused by congenital CMV may develop during the first few years of life. This usually gets worse over time. It can also be permanent and range from mild to total.
    The hearing problems can affect either one or both ears. Children with hearing loss in both ears are also likely to experience difficulties with speech and communication as they get older.
    OK so that explains everything we were told at the time. They offered us a drug trial which would have been administered by intravenous drip but the side affect of that would be that Aiden would have zero immune system. Seeing as we were told it was a wait and see illness and affects every child different we chose not to take the risk of giving him this trial to put his immune system at risk. Aiden was discharged from hospital just over 3 weeks after he was born.
    We were so glad to get him home. We knew that he would have a lot of appointments for check ups on hearing, sight and of course the regular testing for CMV in his system because once he tested negative the virus could not cause any more damage. We kept his appointments and everything was amazing until June/July 2007.
    Aiden started coming out in marks I mentioned it to my health visitor but when I went to show her the mark had disappeared. At the same time during feeding Aiden was showing signs of something (what I now believe to be a seizure). He went rigid pulled right back. Knowing that CMV can cause blood problems I started to panic he was checked at my local GP who said he was fine. I mentioned the red/blue disappearing marks and was told after his check up to take him to hospital if any other marks appeared.
    At the time of my pregnancy because I was so young I was offered support by quarriers stay project they ran toddler groups, cooking classes etc and I got really close to my worker Maureen. The details are hazy now because that was ten years ago. I remember it was a day for the toddler group but that morning Aiden did not seem hisself and another few marks had appeared I was beside myself with worry. She arranged to call the health visitor who arranged for us to go to Yorkhill Sick Children’s hospital. They asked us about the ‘bruising’ and two police officers turned up to interview both me and my partner in Aidens room with Aiden there. I explained everything to them and they told me Aiden would be sent for tests in the morning. I stayed overnight with him while my partner went to work the next day. The consultant came into the room I was in with my mother and told me Aiden had 2 rotational fractures to his ankles and one healing fracture to his rib and that was consistent with child abuse. I was beside myself with shock and I called my partner who came right up. What happened next was so quick I still can’t understand it.
    The police officers from the night before took me and my partner Paul from the hospital to the police station for interview. We both had nothing to hide so went willingly. They interrogated us separately for near 24 hours before being let go and I was told if I ever wanted to keep my son to stay away from Paul. I was lost in a sea of confusion. Could Paul have done this I asked myself? No i just couldn’t see it. At the end of the interview the police officer asked ‘Do you know where your son Aiden is?’. I replied ‘Yorkhill’ only for her to smirk and inform me Aiden was safe with foster carers. My world was broken I broke down hysterical I just couldn’t believe what was happening. We were asked to a child panel where I didn’t want to accept the terms because the terms where one of us had harmed Aiden. Anyway my lawyer told me to accept the terms so the case could move forward. Something I would live to regret.
    Like I’ve mentioned everything is hazy because when your child has been taken you can’t eat or sleep or think straight.
    I met with SW who I tried explaining Aidens illness too and that the illness was very much wait and see. I mentioned the consultant himself said they did not know enough about the virus yet. I was shot down they told me his virus could cause bruising yes but not broken bones.
    My contact level was set at 6 hours per week over 2 days and Paul’s was set at half of that. The panel at the time were very good . Me and Paul had split up at that time (like we were told to do) but we still had a good relationship so he didn’t mind me staying for part of his contact which on advice from my lawyer to get the most contact available to do so. I had every faith at the time that justice would come to light.
    Just after that they changed the SW in charge. A horrible woman called selina Daily and she was for seeing parenting assessments. Aiden was in foster care so I made the best of the situation worked with SW willingly told them everything they wanted to know. They had a file on me from years as a teenager as I was badly bullied they helped my mum at the time move me schools. My mum was a drug addict at that time. So they had lots of information on my teenage years (which I was honest about) it wasn’t good of course it wasn’t my mum had been a drug user and I had so many problems with my step dad I had never hid that anyway so I thought I’ll be honest with these people because they are there to help me like they told me. How wrong was I.
    A parenting assessment was completed. Me and Paul felt confident. We turned up at the meeting (Maureen was with me for support). We sat there thinking it was going well as they praised our parenting skills till it got to the end and the Head SW said ‘these people seem like good people, nothing untoward was found in the assessment, neither have drug or alcohol problems’ then she ended with ‘that is the worrying thing’.
    I couldn’t believe it I had put my heart and soul into these assessments thinking if they went well I would get Aiden back like we were told. That was blatant lies.
    Fast forward to March 2013 Aiden is 7 and after years and years of dirty tricks and mind control games I am then beaten down. Years of having my son dangled in front of me jumping over SW hoops and I was no better for it. The court told SW you’ve never tried to rehabilitate this child so they ordered SW get me psycho analysed. It was to be separate of SW even though they were to pay for it. She was a criminal psychologist who’s finding were I could have BPD and more work would have to be carried out.
    Everything was in place and for the first time in a long time I had hope.
    Then something horrible happened my little sister was raped. She woke up tied up in a house she had went to willingly she was 13. My mum never really being much help or the fact that a 13 year old girl wasn’t gonna speak up in front of her mother (classic embarrassment) I went to interviews with her, I went to the forensic examination with her and she stayed with me for a few days. I was being there for my sister and she was appointed her own SW which I was told was completely separate from my own case.
    Of course being the same SW department that did not happen. The psychologist called me into the SW department with Aidens Social worker there and told me that it was all too much for me. That the therapy would stop because I wasn’t ready. I was distraught all my hard work for nothing.
    It was March 2007 when the last court date happened a full 2 weeks I sat beside my lawyer and took notes and tried to be as calm as possible when people are analysing you. I sat and listened to the glowing reports from both child psychologists that had watched me and Aidens contact sessions through a one sided glass panelled wall.
    I heard so many things during the hearings some of the stuff was disgusting. Aidens SW had being promising me grief counselling from Barnados since 2007 always saying to me that I should have heard from them that she would ‘chase’ it up. When her boss was called as a witness she was asked by my lawyer about the grief counselling. She explained to the courtroom that her and said SW had decided I wasn’t ready. They had lied! The SW herself told the courtroom they had referred me when she hadn’t her boss had just said as much. That’s why you hear me talk of mind games. In psychology that is called gas-lighting telling someone one thing having them wait on it when it was never coming anyway. I sat and listened for other people talking then it was my turn.
    East Renfrewshire had hired a fancy Advocate from Edinburgh his name was David Jack and I will never forget the trauma of him speaking down to me. He used my sisters rape. Up until this point the police hadn’t told our family the perpetrators name. This advocate then put this abusers name to me knowing full well I had never heard it, he called me a liar he then made out to the court room that he was a family friend and child abuse etc is just a layer of my family. I got visibly upset because of course if you’ve heard from other mothers you already know I wasn’t given the chance to answer.
    The court came to the conclusion that Aiden needed answers now and even though 7 years of SW doing absolutely nothing to rehabilitate Aiden into our family they had decided time was up and he was freed for adoption.
    All that time and I had been searching the Internet CMV fractures there was nothing at all. I was awarded letter box contact at SW discretion that I did not get. Was supposed to but by that time I had given up I had the last contact with my son at 7 years old. I at least was able to have a conversation he could understand. I told him I would always love him dearly and I could never hurt him and I would always be here if and when he decided. I met his adoptive parent Laura it broke my heart to do so but this wasn’t her fault and at the time I was told to think about Aidens future and not sabotage his happiness further so I obliged.
    He was ten this year and it broke my heart. I think about him day to night. Is he safe? Is he happy? I’m 2013 I burned the court papers the only positive I could take from the whole situation was that SW was out my life and I could work on getting myself better. Throughout the years of the mind games and using my son as a weapon my mental health had deteriorated I had several suicide attempts that of course they also used in court.
    So he’s 10 now, my baby boy and I feel he was let down by the state. There is no doubt SW should have been involved because of the non accidental injury but they should have got to the bottom of it.
    It was last year I was re searching the Internet again CMV bone disease and out of the blue (I stopped looking after Aiden was adopted as I was making myself ill) there in the google page was all this new information on CMV and metabolic bone disease. Signs to look out for crumbling teeth (Aiden had that) difficulties walking (Aiden had special orthopaedic shoes) and it finally all fell into place but it’s all too late now I’ve lost my son.
    There is a Dr Colin Paterson from University of Dundee that has lots of papers on this.
    CMV can cause fractures mostly rotational tibia fractures and linear rib fractures (the exact 2 types of fractures Aiden had).
    When a child goes to hospital and there is suspected child abuse if the child has CMV the protocol for that is to have more tests lots more tests because an X-ray itself is not evidence enough of child abuse. Especially with Aidens CMV he should have had CT scans this was not done. They took my child away from me and I was told I was crazy. Crazy for not accepting that my child was harmed in our care. In the end I let them manipulate me into blaming Paul I accepted their ‘truth’ when all the time I should have kept shouting my own truth. I would have done anything to get my son back and they know this now I’m living a hell every day without my son.
    Me and Paul are back together I never blamed me, I’m so proud of him for being stronger than me and telling them straight that there was no way I could have harmed Aiden he always knew that and I wish more than anything I had done the same for him. We should have fought them together rather than separate of course hindsight is a great thing.
    Why am I contacting you now. Well now I’m 28 and lost. I know this information and I don’t know what to do with it. I want to go to a lawyer. I know I’ll never get my son back but I need to raise awareness of this. My life is ruined, because I was told if I ever have another child it will be taken right away SW were very clear on that.
    Me and Paul are good people. He has a son at 12 he’s always continued to see throughout Aiden’s case. Aidens brother who now he is older wants to know why he had a brother and now he doesn’t (SW never saw fit to give them contact) but Jamie still remembers Aiden even though he was young when taken into care.
    2 families have been completely destroyed through this. None of us will ever heal from the pain and destruction Social Services caused in our lives and I only hate to think what sort of problems Aiden himself will have because of this. All of this could have been prevented if they had just heard me out instead of labelling me or Paul child abusers from the start. They didn’t want to look at any other explanation and because of that they have let my son down.
    Boys adoption after a certain age often doesn’t go well statistically. I don’t even know if it worked out with his adoptive parent (singular) who was a teacher with an older boy. I don’t even know if he is safe day to day and given how much the messed up in the first place I don’t trust the system to make sure my son is safe. He was told at 4 one of his parents hurt him intentionally so that’s what he’s growing up thinking too.
    I always hoped justice would prevail and it didn’t. I just fear I don’t have the strength to fight this alone. The shame I’ve already faced I’ve lost friends and family already over this. Being accused of child abuse does that to people, people that I thought knew better of me. Unfortunately that’s my life now but even if me getting this information out helps at least one family then it will be worth it.
    I literally saw your page on Facebook and mailed right away. I just want to make sure this doesn’t happen to anyone else. I’ve left so much out because it’s already too long so if you have read this that’s for reading and I would appreciate any advice on how to continue with regards to taking this to a lawyer etc I just really need advice because doing nothing is making me ill. I think about this injustice day and night and surely even if it is clearing me and my partners name in the eyes of SW that it would be worth it. So my son can know the real truth when he is old enough. Or we can try move on we deserve to be happy and it’s only natural that we still long for a family of our own. The fear of losing another child is not a risk either of us could take ever again because we fought so much to get where we are. We both know the loss of another child would kill us but living a pointless life is killing us at a slower rate but neither can be happy after what has happened.
    Thanks for reading any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Donna

Dear Donna,
      It was very sad to read your story. I personally know Dr. Paterson who is a wonderful human being! I suggest you do a web page with your story for your son to find when he looks for you. You need to keep that access open for him. Sadly by destroying the documents you cannot show him how hard you fought for him. I also suggest you write in a journal everyday about what you are doing so that he may someday know that you never stopped loving him and thinking about him. You can also share your story with your state & federal legislators. Do not expect anything good to come of it but we always suggest it. Call the office and I will be happy to talk to you. The number is 419-865-0513.

23. jaimie says:

Cps went to see my daughter at school and asked her if her stepfather ever touched in her private area. And if there is any fighting in our home. To which she said no. So I called cps the next day and the investigator told me he couldn’t tell me anything over the phone. I went to the cps office and was told a child made allegations my husband sexually abused them. And that my daughter would probably need a forensic interview. So I didn’t hear anything for a week and called the back to see if she would need the interview and he informed me she would, and that they would call me when they have it set up. My husband is in jail and has been for most of the past 4 years. Cps hasn’t told him anything about the allegations against him or anything. I believe my husband and I’m not sure who would make these allegations against him or why my daughter needs the forensic interview since she’s not the one who made the allegations and it hasn’t been reported that he did anything to her. Can cps lie about what the allegations are? Is it possible someone reported he touched our daughter. This all came about now that he’s about to be released. And my ex who is also incarcerated vowed to make sure my husband couldn’t be around my children. Please help me

Dear Jamie,
      Sadly anyone can make a call of abuse without leaving their name and they are also protected from their names being disclosed. You need to consult a lawyer because it these cases can spiral out of control quickly. Feel free to call the office at 419-865-0513.

24. Brittany Pottmeyer says:

I currently live in AR and don’t know if you even serve this area but it’s worth a shot. It all started on February 12th when my fiance awoke and noticed something was wrong with our then 3 month old son was limp and making gurgling noises. We immediately called 911 who then transferred him to a local hospital. He had suffered a major cardiac arrest and acidosis. They finally stabilized him after adenosine and epinephrine was giving and glucose. They then transferred him to Memphis to La Boneur. Upon arrival he had what they thought was a seven minutes seizure so they gave him seizure medicine and he was also on a breathing tube from the other hospital. They initially did the first CT and said he suffered global hypoxic isclemic encephalopathy and the outlook didn’t look good. The CT said no intracranial axial hemmorages found so did the follow up head ultrasound. They did a MRI the next day and said they found a small subdermal hematoma with no mass effect bilaterally. They did a orthopedic exam shortly after with no abnormalities. Well slowly but surely he started slowly improving and by almost two weeks in they took out the ventilator. They then finally got him off the feeding tube but has to have thickened liquids. They finally discharged us on February 28th only to be met at home by dcs worker with what she said was just a home inspection but she only took pictures of where kids slept and could care less about the rest of the home. I have three other Children Jase’a rain Jaxon, 16 month old Serenity, and my 6 year old autistic son Brayden. DHS came and took them without paperwork at time saying this was an emergent situation as we couldn’t explain my son’s injury. We have never hurt our children they are our life and this is the hardest thing I’ve had to go through being completely innocent and failed my the system. They should be trying to find out what was really wrong with my child rather than putting us through this. They never checked him for spinal meningitis, another doctor commented and said with the way his blood work and results were it could be a metabolic disorder. Also the night before this happened my bfs sister and mom were watching him a few minutes while we went and unloaded the trailer bc they were moving stuff into a storage building. When I left my twins were in a playpen with Jackson in the top of a detachable highchair strapped in and Jase in a boppy pillow beside him. When I got back Jase’s neck was hung on highchair like he had fell forward and he was crying. I immediately grabbed him and after awhile he calmed down and acted normal. I told the people about that too but they said that couldn’t cause it. I went to my 72 hour hearing which was a joke the lawyer told me to just be quiet at this hearing and I should probably get another lawyer. My autistic son is being jumbled around which is not good for his mental state. I have not yet got visitation and I have done nothing wrong. All my other kids were x-rayed with no abnormalities found. On the paper work I received for the case it stated he had right intercrannial bleeding which was actually left and right retinal hemmorages that they could see without an exam. I had the exam done with no abnormalities and paperwork to prove it. I feel so at a loss of what to do and miss my kids so much.

• Brittany Pottmeyer says:

He also had vomit all dowe his shirt mixed with mucous when we found him and had been sick that prior week which they originally thought led to dysphatic choking.

Dear Brittany,
      Call the office 419-865-0513 to discuss your situation.

25. tee says:

my children were removed from my home because my teenage daughter lied on me. I just had the 1st two cps workers removed form my case, however the department is still trying to keep my kids. what steps can i take to expedite the return of my children and clear my name. please help

Dear Tee,
      It sounds like you are fighting hard for you children. However, it is not uncommon when CPS sees you as non-compliant or fighting them, they often make your life more difficult. It might be wise to have a lawyer at that time to run blocker for you.