We can refer persons accused of child abuse to lawyers skilled in child abuse cases. We can also refer to the lawyers defending them, to professionals who are experts in the medical and mental health fields that may be able to help. Because each allegation of child abuse is so unique, however, we cannot offer a list of professionals that we recommend to everyone regardless of the circumstances surrounding the specific allegations.

For a pre-paid referral fee for an attorney, we will briefly review and assess your situation and then refer you to an attorney who is knowledgeable in this field and equally dedicated to preserving the rights of the falsely accused so you are sure the money you spend on legal services provides you with quality representation.

For a pre-paid referral fee for each expert referral to an attorney, we will review, assess and make an appropriate referral.  We do not make expert referrals to non-attorneys.

Referral Fees Policy as of January 1, 2017:

As of January 1, 2017, there will be a $250 pre-paid fee for our brief assessment and referral service to an attorney.  A completed “Accused Intake Form” must be sent to us either by email or fax.

We do make referrals to attorneys regarding experts.  As of January 1, 2017, there will be a $250 pre-paid fee for our brief assessment and referral to each expert.  A completed “Attorney Intake Form” must be sent to us either by email or fax.

Our office is staffed Monday through Saturday from 9 am ~ 6 pm. You can reach us at 419-865-0513.

Please keep in mind, however, that our financial resources are limited so we cannot provide free lawyers or other professionals and we cannot accept collect phone calls.


Members of NCADRC

Contact your state’s United States Senators and Representatives

About contacting legislators…

Above is a link to a site that will tell you who your U. S. Congressmen are and how to contact them. The site searches by 9 digit zip code. If you do not know your entire 9 digit zip code, there is a link on the their site to help you find it.

When writing to your legislators, we offer the following suggestions:

Be brief. You are a voter, so correspondence from you will probably get someone’s attention. However, each person who represents you in some body of government also represents thousands if not millions of other people. Therefore, if it takes more than a minute or two to read your comments, you may lose that attention before you get your point across.
Be general. These are not the people who can get you a second trial or restore your parental rights. They can only change the laws that allowed this to happen to you in the first place so that it doesn’t continue to happen, happen to you again, or happen to someone else you know. Find out what the laws are in your state, then tell them what legislation they can enact or change that you would support. For example, depending on what the laws already are in your state, you might ask them to require persons who report suspected abuse to be acting in “good faith” before they are immune from prosecution themselves. Or, you might suggest they limit the ability of child protective agencies to take custody of a child from it’s parent for long periods of time without a trial where the parent has the ability to disprove the assertion that they child is not safe with them.
Be informed. Monitor the bills that are coming up for votes. Most of these pages have links where legislation with upcoming votes are listed, along with how your representatives have voted in the past. Visit them periodically, and when you see a bill regarding child abuse legislation, research it then let your representative know how you want him or her to vote. Tell you family and friends and have them contact their representatives, too. Click here to Search for Your Legislators!